[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: More conference realignment talk  (Read 332005 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: More conference realignment talk
« Reply #3200 on: October 28, 2023, 09:21:21 AM »
It counts because MUBB was not in position to make the tourney in 2020.

Sultan responded with what I was going to say

Yep.  Here is the last Bracket Matrix from 2020.  They were on 97 of 97 brackets and slotted as a nine seed.

http://bracketmatrix.com/matrix_2020.html

8-10 league record. I don’t know.

Either way that one year doesn’t really change the point of why it was mentioned in the discussion.

It changes the "facts" that you have been misrepresenting as the truth.
Maigh Eo for Sam

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3201 on: October 28, 2023, 10:09:19 AM »
Sultan responded with what I was going to say

It changes the "facts" that you have been misrepresenting as the truth.

It doesn’t change the fact that 5 of 6 NCAA Tourneys was good enough for Shaka to keep his job at VCU. It doesn’t change the fact that those results are better than Wojo’s at MUBB in one additional season. That part of the discussion that I was having with someone else doesn’t change in any way with or without the 2020 Big East Conference Tourney which also wasn’t played. or the NCAA Tourney.

The person I was speaking with said Shaka would have been fired at MUBB in 5 seasons without a Sweet 16.. He talked about the much higher standard at MUBB. Yet Wojo very recently coached 7 seasons, won zero NCAA games and only made it twice. Whether that is 6 or 7 seasons doesn’t matter and doesn’t change that part of the discussion. Seems simple enough. You can be pedantic all you want about it.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #3202 on: October 28, 2023, 12:04:28 PM »
It doesn’t change the fact that 5 of 6 NCAA Tourneys was good enough for Shaka to keep his job at VCU. It doesn’t change the fact that those results are better than Wojo’s at MUBB in one additional season. That part of the discussion that I was having with someone else doesn’t change in any way with or without the 2020 Big East Conference Tourney which also wasn’t played. or the NCAA Tourney.

The person I was speaking with said Shaka would have been fired at MUBB in 5 seasons without a Sweet 16.. He talked about the much higher standard at MUBB. Yet Wojo very recently coached 7 seasons, won zero NCAA games and only made it twice. Whether that is 6 or 7 seasons doesn’t matter and doesn’t change that part of the discussion. Seems simple enough. You can be pedantic all you want about it.

What happened to Wojo again? I forget. Did he get canned?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3203 on: October 28, 2023, 01:20:55 PM »
What happened to Wojo again? I forget. Did he get canned?

After year 1? Leave the ball will ya George.
After year 2? My team is on the floor.
After year 3? Sectionals of 33. I was fouled.
After year 4? He played/coached at Duke.
After year 5? I play coach stays. He goes I go.
After year 6? We are Marquette/Ring out ahoya.
After year 7? It was Dentyne.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven.

One, two, three, four, five.

The two sets of numbers above are not,( claps hands), “EYE-dentical.” -Jim Trotter III

They are two different cars. They are not in fact both Metallic Green 1964 Buick Skylark Convertibles.

……………

El Guerrero 2 said Shaka wouldn’t last more than 5 seasons at MU without a Sweet 16. Wojo just lasted 7 (remember 7 is not 5) and he didn’t even win one NCAA Tourney game let alone two.

I’m trying to enjoy the MU game going on right now. Thanks.

………………….

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #3204 on: October 28, 2023, 02:30:40 PM »
Did the mods get rid of the ignore button? If so that is a loss.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3205 on: October 29, 2023, 10:39:40 AM »
Did the mods get rid of the ignore button? If so that is a loss.

It's just no longer a button.  Go to this link, and type in shoothoops the username into the member box, and click add.

Whoops, I suppose adding the link would have been helpful.
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;area=lists;sa=ignore;u=2
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 10:14:39 AM by rocky_warrior »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3206 on: October 29, 2023, 10:52:49 AM »
It's just no longer a button.  Go to this link, and type in shoothoops the username into the member box, and click add.

Lucky 13? I suppose replying to me 12 times was enough for him.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #3207 on: October 30, 2023, 09:48:55 AM »

I like how it used to tell you how many people were ignoring a given person. I think Chicos held the record.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3208 on: November 14, 2023, 11:36:37 PM »
WSU and OSU given control of remnant Pac-12 Board and thus gain access  to remaining Assets. Delighted to see them prevail. Can proceed to some kind  of merger with Mountain West .

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38899331/judge-ruling-grants-oregon-state-washington-state-full-control-pac-12-board
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3209 on: November 14, 2023, 11:47:07 PM »
WSU and OSU given control of remnant Pac-12 Board and thus gain access  to remaining Assets. Delighted to see them prevail. Can proceed to some kind  of merger with Mountain West .

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38899331/judge-ruling-grants-oregon-state-washington-state-full-control-pac-12-board
Very good news. Fair and just outcome.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #3212 on: December 22, 2023, 12:24:08 PM »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3213 on: December 22, 2023, 07:45:38 PM »
Washington State and Oregon State have settlement with departing Pac-12 members , they are now The Pac-2. My guess is they eventually merge in The Mountain West and become Pac-14 for football.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/washington-state-oregon-state-reach-agreement-with-departing-pac-12-schools-to-end-litigation/amp/
            ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3214 on: December 22, 2023, 07:52:49 PM »
Washington State and Oregon State have settlement with departing Pac-12 members , they are now The Pac-2. My guess is they eventually merge in The Mountain West and become Pac-14 for football.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/washington-state-oregon-state-reach-agreement-with-departing-pac-12-schools-to-end-litigation/amp/

Also participating in the WCC for the next two seasons in all non-football sports.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3215 on: December 22, 2023, 07:53:22 PM »

Wow, you think so?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #3216 on: December 22, 2023, 08:10:44 PM »
Also participating in the WCC for the next two seasons in all non-football sports.

Are they independent for basketball or part of WCC auto bid if they win the all their games against WCC teams.

• All American
« Reply #3217 on: December 22, 2023, 08:21:57 PM »
Are they independent for basketball or part of WCC auto bid if they win the all their games against WCC teams.

They are full members for non football sports.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #3218 on: January 05, 2024, 08:26:48 PM »
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/39242303/florida-ag-requests-documents-acc-related-fsu-lawsuit

I’m trying to figure out what the legal basis for the Florida attorney general to be involved is.

• All American
« Reply #3219 on: January 05, 2024, 08:41:58 PM »
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/39242303/florida-ag-requests-documents-acc-related-fsu-lawsuit

I’m trying to figure out what the legal basis for the Florida attorney general to be involved is.

Easy. FSU is a public university and ultimately represents them.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #3220 on: January 05, 2024, 09:40:41 PM »
Give it two (2) years and the ACC falls apart.  The prime football schools, FSU, Clemson, maybe Miami go the the SEC.  Other schools go the B1G or whatever they call themselves, some schools go with the Big 12.  Ultimately, there are three (3) conferences or maybe 50-60 D1 football schools divided into divisions (but conference television networks probably prevent this).  The lesser schools/teams get to compete for the last two (2) spots in the playoffs.

If the conference structure survives, the Big East picks-up a few ACC cast-offs such as Syracuse, Boston College, and maybe Duke or Pitt or Wake Forest or Georgia Tech, and they all get to play UCONN in football. 

Ultimately, the Big East continues as the preeminent basketball conference. . . until the NCAA basketball tournament changes because of football.

Probably should focus on the remainder of this season.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #3221 on: January 05, 2024, 10:23:42 PM »

If the conference structure survives, the Big East picks-up a few ACC cast-offs such as Syracuse, Boston College, and maybe Duke or Pitt or Wake Forest or Georgia Tech, and they all get to play UCONN in football. 

That's one possibility.

On the other hand, those same six ACC teams you mention would probably make a play to add Villanova, St. Johns, Georgetown, UConn, Seton Hall and Providence.  It would make a very attractive 12-team reformulated version of the legacy Big East (with the bonus of adding Duke, Wake and Georgia Tech).  And the departing teams would probably purchase the Big East name from the Midwest Five, just as the C7 did after leaving.

That leaves MU, Creighton, Xavier, Butler and DePaul to fill out the conference with Loyola, St. Louis, Dayton, Gonzaga and St. Thomas.  And still dreaming about Gonzaga.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #3222 on: January 05, 2024, 11:42:17 PM »
There is reference in articles to an outside law firm and the legal counsel for the university ( who is separate from the AG) as being involved in the suits, but not whether the Florida AG is either a party or of counsel. If they are, I would think they could request copies of the agreements through the court, but it does not appear they did that. I am just curious.
I hope the scenario of the current BE breaking up if/when the ACC breaks apart does not happen, that would not be good for us.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3223 on: January 06, 2024, 06:37:19 AM »
Wow, you think so?

the guy posts the most vanilla soft serves here and ya gotta piss on this fire hydrant too?  shocker!

yes...reeeko's been here too.  pick your target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it...hmmmm
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #3224 on: January 06, 2024, 06:40:15 AM »
the guy posts the most vanilla soft serves here and ya gotta piss on this fire hydrant too?  shocker!

yes...reeeko's been here too.  pick your target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it...hmmmm

You’re responding to a post from December 22.

feedback