collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crean calling out Seth Davis  (Read 5938 times)

JD

• All American
Crean calling out Seth Davis
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:06:17 AM »
Sorry if this was already posted, however I found it hilarious Crean said after stamping their ticket to the S16, "Thanks Seth Davis for the ammo!"

Gotta love it.

No matter how big of a douche people think Crean is, I'm glad he has the nuts/audacity to call him out.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

The Lens

• All American
Re: Crean calling out Seth Davis
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:17:34 PM »
The "Nuts" he showed were as he was walking away from the camera during an interview where he talked about team prayer and using all of God's gifts.  You don't tell America how religious you are and then call out Steve Smith and Seth Davis. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 12:53:57 PM »
The "Nuts" he showed were as he was walking away from the camera during an interview where he talked about team prayer and using all of God's gifts.  You don't tell America how religious you are and then call out Steve Smith and Seth Davis. 

Why not?  Ever hear of righteous indignation?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »
Sorry if this was already posted, however I found it hilarious Crean said after stamping their ticket to the S16, "Thanks Seth Davis for the ammo!"

Gotta love it.

No matter how big of a douche people think Crean is, I'm glad he has the nuts/audacity to call him out.

Nuts? Audacity? How about ridiculous? He was really offended that an analysts who's job it is to make such predictions picked against his team? What an idiot. Oh BTW, seems Seth Davis was pretty much on the money, as Indiana won that game by the skin of their teeth. I am so glad that guy is gone.

National Champs

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »
Nuts? Audacity? How about ridiculous? He was really offended that an analysts who's job it is to make such predictions picked against his team? What an idiot. Oh BTW, seems Seth Davis was pretty much on the money, as Indiana won that game by the skin of their teeth. I am so glad that guy is gone.

Pretty sure if Marquette was picked against and Buzz called out Davis we would all be cheering. I understand people hate Crean, but come on.
We Are Elite

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »

It was a joke. There was no offense taken.

He is very friendly with Seth Davis and Davis even mentioned on Twitter that Crean was going to call him out if Indiana ended up winning the game. Davis joked that's why he picked VCU.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »
It was a joke. There was no offense taken.

He is very friendly with Seth Davis and Davis even mentioned on Twitter that Crean was going to call him out if Indiana ended up winning the game. Davis joked that's why he picked VCU.

So what? He's still a douche!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 05:32:07 PM »
So what? He's still a douche!

That's fine...and I was surprised that he would do it b/c among other things Seth had MU in the Final Four in Jan of either 2006 or '07 so he's said nice things about TC before.  How TC did it made it seem like it was more adversarial than too good buddies taking shots.  Then again, nothing TC does appears to be real comfortable.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »
That's fine...and I was surprised that he would do it b/c among other things Seth had MU in the Final Four in Jan of either 2006 or '07 so he's said nice things about TC before.  How TC did it made it seem like it was more adversarial than too good buddies taking shots.  Then again, nothing TC does appears to be real comfortable.

It was a quick quip at the end of the game teasing Seth Davis.

As with most things TC on this board, it's been over-analyzed.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 02:29:51 AM »

This is the crap that chaps my hide.

Crean leaves MU, a Catholic institution, rarely brings up God in his talks and then lands a job in Indiana at a public institution...and HALLELUJAH...the man is praising the Lord and tweeting about it!

More crap from a man who knows how to pander to his audience.

This shtick will get old quick and people in IU will soon realize they have a wolf in sheep's clothing: he's the great "pretender."
SS Marquette

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 05:19:08 AM »

Crean leaves MU, a Catholic institution, rarely brings up God in his talks and then lands a job in Indiana at a public institution...and HALLELUJAH...the man is praising the Lord and tweeting about it!

This shtick will get old quick and people in IU will soon realize they have a wolf in sheep's clothing: he's the great "pretender."

And at the same time buzz is getting attention at MU for his genuine faith and public expression on it.

I4 probably has a JoeBoo-like shrine in his office with his own bobble head.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 08:38:29 AM »

Actually TC was "all about" the Lord here too.  Used to see him in the Communion line with his bible.  Number of people in our parish who carried a bible up to Communion....1.

It's all for show.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 02:47:13 PM »
Actually TC was "all about" the Lord here too.  Used to see him in the Communion line with his bible.  Number of people in our parish who carried a bible up to Communion....1.

It's all for show.

Catholic parish? I've never seen that before in my life. I mean some people bring Missals, but they don't bring them up to Communion...

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »
Catholic parish? I've never seen that before in my life. I mean some people bring Missals, but they don't bring them up to Communion...

He was ducking out after Communion.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 06:21:33 PM »

I'm pretty certain Crean is a strong Catholic that did the God thing often.  This isn't a new revelation.  The man doesn't drink, smoke, been a bible thumper for a long time.  I remember reading a story about him shortly after he was hired about his mother (his father left the family when he was young) and how important God was to his upbringing.  Your hide may be chapped, but you weren't paying attention.

On the Steve Smith & Seth Davis stuff.  Crean coached Smith at Michigan State and they are close.  We can't forget here how often we have been told how tight Crean is with Davis and every other writer who was pimping jobs for Crean.  Now we're supposed to believe that Crean and Davis don't get along?  Coaches use that us against the world crap to motivate their players.  That is all that it is.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »
I'm pretty certain Crean is a strong Catholic that did the God thing often.  This isn't a new revelation.  The man doesn't drink, smoke, been a bible thumper for a long time.  I remember reading a story about him shortly after he was hired about his mother (his father left the family when he was young) and how important God was to his upbringing.  Your hide may be chapped, but you weren't paying attention.

On the Steve Smith & Seth Davis stuff.  Crean coached Smith at Michigan State and they are close.  We can't forget here how often we have been told how tight Crean is with Davis and every other writer who was pimping jobs for Crean.  Now we're supposed to believe that Crean and Davis don't get along?  Coaches use that us against the world crap to motivate their players.  That is all that it is.
It must've been his religion that encouraged him to makes derogatory comments about the "fat wife" of a Memphis fan when he was here. Or swearing at Wisconsin players during the Big Ten tournament.

Really, really perplexed why a purdue fan continues to run to the defense of Indiana's coach. Really perplexed.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »

It's all for show.

It wasn't really a bible... just a hollowed-out book.  What was inside?  Well, my guess is a bottle of coppertone, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 12:22:19 PM »
It must've been his religion that encouraged him to makes derogatory comments about the "fat wife" of a Memphis fan when he was here. Or swearing at Wisconsin players during the Big Ten tournament.

Really, really perplexed why a purdue fan continues to run to the defense of Indiana's coach. Really perplexed.

I remain really perplexed that a Marquette fan would cheer for Wisconsin.  Ever.  Or take Adam Hoge, a Wisconsin graduate's reporting, as any credible either.  When I went to Marquette, we wouldn't allow ourselves to cheer for Wisconsin in basketball, yet you have admitted as such.  Perplexing.  Really perplexed.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 02:12:57 PM »
Maybe I'll head over to the Illinois board and start defending every single derogatory Bo Ryan comment made.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
Maybe I'll head over to the Illinois board and start defending every single derogatory Bo Ryan comment made.
hee hee hee hee

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »

Bo mainly sticks to "F*CK YOU!"

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »

If you were an Illinois alumnus and Bo Ryan had taken Illinois to the Final Four for the first time in 30 years, it would made sense to me.  Otherwise, your analogy falls short.  Try again.