[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: For all the college football haters...  (Read 5948 times)

muhs03

• Starter
For all the college football haters...
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:51:57 PM »
...Im curious what you think of OOC basketball schedules? A) no one attends these games B) there is no tv revenue to generate C) the start of college bball occurs when the NFL is getting interesting and CFB is nearing its end

In summary, as much as the haters want to hate the BCS, at least it keeps the regular season important/interesting (probably a reason so many viewers tune into college football). One loss can be a killer.

Thoughts?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: For all the college football haters...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »
Moved to the superbar...and...

College football sucks.  I'd rather watch - and actually enjoy - OOC basketball.

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:08:31 PM »
Moved to the superbar...and...

College football sucks.  I'd rather watch - and actually enjoy - OOC basketball.

Yeah, Kansas beat Towson 100-53. Super exciting. I mean...can you imagine the uphill battle Kansas would have had with that loss....oh wait....this is bball....there is no impact had KU lost.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
Not sure I understand your point.  Are you arguing an 11 game schedule versus a 27 game schedule?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:24:40 PM »
....there is no impact had KU lost.

...there is no impact to me if ANY college football team loses.  Get over it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 10:27:01 PM »

+1...million.  College football is crap.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 10:30:29 PM »

Most of America (TV ratings) disagrees with you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 10:36:20 PM »

So when you asked "Thoughts?" you meant...America's thoughts?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 10:43:04 PM »

So let met try to summarize your point: Most of America would rather have watched Houston beat Tulane 73-17 in football yesterday, than watch Kansas beat Towson 100-53 in basketball today.

Those people are idiots.  Enough said.

Or perhaps it was the exciting Georgia vs. New Mexico state 63-16 score you'd rather pick out from last week as exciting?

No?  How about Wisconsin beating Purdue 62-17.  Geeze...imagine if UW would have lost that one!

Or wait, maybe you're talking about Texas vs Texas Tech 52-20 nail biter.  Really pissed I missed that.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 10:43:30 PM »
So when you asked "Thoughts?" you meant...America's thoughts?

No, he meant muhs03's thoughts.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »
So let met try to summarize your point: Most of America would rather have watched Houston beat Tulane 73-17 in football yesterday, than watch Kansas beat Towson 100-53 in basketball today.

Or perhaps it was the exciting Georgia vs. New Mexico state 63-16 score you'd rather pick out from last week as exciting?

No?  How about Wisconsin beating Purdue 62-17.  Geeze...imagine if UW would have lost that one!

Or wait, maybe you're talking about Texas vs Texas Tech 52-20 nail biter.  Really pissed I missed that.

Why are you bringing up conference games.  He meant non conference games.  Like when Purdue beat SE Missouri State 59-0.  I guess UW will schedule SE Missouri State next year.

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 10:49:37 PM »

Yup. Way to cherry-pick irrelevant games. Can I cherry-pick irrelevant games from tonight? Ok...how about ALL 131 D1 games!!! None mean a single thing. Oh...and all 53 D1 games tomorrow wont mean anything either.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 10:51:44 PM »
Yup. Way to cherry-pick irrelevant games.

But I thought your point was that with the BCS *every* game is relevant?

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »

Are they not? Do those games not still sell-out?

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 10:59:26 PM »

You mean this comment?  "In summary, as much as the haters want to hate the BCS, at least it keeps the regular season important/interesting (probably a reason so many viewers tune into college football). One loss can be a killer."

Who was cherry picking?  muhs03 or you?  You could have easily gone to the number of BCS games against FCS teams.  But, that would be cherry picking.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 11:01:15 PM »

Let's compare the NFL to MLB.  Why would one sell out virtually every game and the other not?  Come on Einstein, as I asked originally, are you comparing the 11 game schedule to the 27 game schedule?

What exactly is your point? 

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 11:03:23 PM »
You mean this comment?  "In summary, as much as the haters want to hate the BCS, at least it keeps the regular season important/interesting (probably a reason so many viewers tune into college football). One loss can be a killer."

Who was cherry picking?  muhs03 or you?  You could have easily gone to the number of BCS games against FCS teams.  But, that would be cherry picking.

OMG! LSU played SUCH a terrible schedule. Same with Alabama. NO ONE watched it. College football gets TERRIBLE ratings. Those one or two "cupcakes" only produces 5-8K fans and arent aired on national TV. Suuuuuure.

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 11:04:45 PM »
Let's compare the NFL to MLB.  Why would one sell out virtually every game and the other not?  Come on Einstein, as I asked originally, are you comparing the 11 game schedule to the 27 game schedule?

What exactly is your point? 

Exactly my point. Its a watered down schedule that most people dont care about.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 11:08:51 PM »
Exactly my point. Its a watered down schedule that most people dont care about.

No.  It's a watered down schedule that YOU do not care about.  I know trying to get rid of the Wofford/UW ticket last year was a scalpers dream!  So, 30% of a college FB schedule is garbage.  That correlates to one college basketball game?  Really, that was your point?  What a waste of a thread.   ::)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:11:09 PM by MUMac »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 11:13:18 PM »

A sellout does not equal a relevant game. A sellout equals a popular team playing at home.  Likely sold out because of season ticket holders.  Did Tulane sell-out?  Did you even watch since they're not BCS?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:15:07 PM by rocky_warrior »

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 11:14:01 PM »
No.  It's a watered down schedule that YOU do not care about.  I know trying to get rid of the Wofford/UW ticket last year was a scalpers dream!  So, 30% of a college FB schedule is garbage.  That correlates to one college basketball game?  Really, that was your point?  What a waste of a thread.   ::)

Nope. Again, TV ratings and attendance suggest otherwise. Clearly, Im not the only one.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 11:16:34 PM »
Nope. Again, TV ratings and attendance suggest otherwise. Clearly, Im not the only one.

Yeah, how much TV viewership was that Woford/UW game again?  Oh yeah, it wasn't even televised by the Big 10 Network.

Again, what was your point?  I suggest you try not posting after a night of drinking.

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 11:22:20 PM »
Yeah, how much TV viewership was that Woford/UW game again?  Oh yeah, it wasn't even televised by the Big 10 Network.

Again, what was your point?  I suggest you try not posting after a night of drinking.

What were the ratings for LSU/Bama? Im guessing that rating will be higher than any regular season ball game. You are arguing that people dont care about certain OOC fball games. Thats just laughable. There is no comparison to be made. For every one BCS OOC game that you think no one cares about, there are about 50 OOC bball games that no one cares about.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 11:23:32 PM »
I suggest you try not posting after a night of drinking.

I don't care what his state of mind is, coming to a hoops only board and trying to convince people that hoops sucks and football rulz is asinine.  It's like pouring concrete into a black hole to fill it up.

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 11:28:55 PM »
I don't care what his state of mind is, coming to a hoops only board and trying to convince people that hoops sucks and football rulz is asinine.  It's like pouring concrete into a black hole to fill it up.

Is it like Wild watching someone pull the pants down of a 12 year old and suggesting its ok?  ?-(