[Today at 11:22:07 AM]

NIL Future by Pakuni
[Today at 10:19:01 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 09:41:14 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vanders tweet yesterday  (Read 11850 times)

insidetheleague

• Walk-On
Re: Vanders tweet yesterday
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2013, 08:31:42 PM »
Agents don't get that much money unless the player is in the 1st Round, and with the new CBA, agents still don't see the money until the player has played 4 years in the league and can see some real money.

So yeah, it's definitely is a risk to front that moneys for Vander who is likely to go undrafted, if not 2nd round at best, where there are no guarantees.

Agents who send kids overseas make instant money, 10% right away from the team itself as opposed to 2% of a rookie contract in the NBA that gets billed at the end of the season. And a lot less work dealing with kids who are overseas too as housing and travel accommodations are all covered by the team.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2013, 08:57:37 PM »
While I respect your decision and it certainly a reasonable and prudent decision.  It is also reasonable to view the flip side and what you are doing is sacrificing a year of fun when you are in your 20's for a year or two of fun when you are in your 60's.  To each their own, but I would think it is as wise or even wiser to enjoy a year in your 20's.

Remember, they are not going overseas and making a huge salary.

I can't tell you how many times I've told this to people.  Great comment overall, couldn't have said it better myself.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2013, 09:20:21 PM »
While I respect your decision and it certainly a reasonable and prudent decision.  It is also reasonable to view the flip side and what you are doing is sacrificing a year of fun when you are in your 20's for a year or two of fun when you are in your 60's.  To each their own, but I would think it is as wise or even wiser to enjoy a year in your 20's.

Remember, they are not going overseas and making a huge salary.
i get what you're saying, but 3 years was enough for me...to each their own.  the dollars turn out to more than a year or two in my 60's and there was some moral/ethical reasons as well.  not to mention i figured it was much cheaper to take a bunch of courses during the summer, rather than work a near minimum wage job.  i'm not a gov. walker fan, but definitely support him in trying to enact a law similar to MN in getting students through college in 4 years...makes so much sense, and i hate the games universities play to try and get 5 years out of under grads. 

the last sentence of your response is probably what intrigues me most.  someone like trent, and especially otule, has a limited amount of years to play ball, and they're not going to be making big $$$.  when you can only play to your mid 30's, and when career ending injuries are a very possible reality (especially for chris) i would think putting some savings in the bank at a young age is a huge deal.  that said, i'm thrilled they both chose to max out their time at MU.