'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hiroshima Starts....  (Read 11976 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Hiroshima Starts....
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »
Sultan laid a theory they're going to let the player clear out of dodgeville first.

So the BoT can't throw beer down upon him as he walks by Raynor.

Well, it could be tomorrow...depends on if the player has left I guess.  Regardless, we will know by the 21st if everyone is on campus for summer school.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
Could have been a myth but i had a history teacher tell me that a major newspaper on the 50th anniversiry of Hiroshima referred to the plane as Enola Homosexual because they thought it was originally a slur

It actually happened in conjunction with the Smithsonian's atomic bomb exhibit opening slightly before the 50th anniversary. 

Mark Madler of American Lawyer Media tells this story of PC run amok: "On Labor Day weekend in 1994, the Northwest Herald ran a wire story about the Smithsonian Institution's controversial exhibit on the dropping of the atomic bomb.

"The copy editor wrote this as the headline: 'Atomic Bombers Upset Over Enola Homosexual Exhibit.' Yes, that person actually thought the 'Gay' in Enola Gay referred to an alternative lifestyle."
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 03:20:19 PM »
My understanding is that Larry Williams and Fr. Pilarz were brought here to rid MU basketball of single-digit numbers.  Not sure if that is their policy or if they are simply following the wishes of the Board of Trustees.

You might be onto something.  They already forced DJO to graduate in three years and transfer to the NBA.  Now my sources tell me they won't allow Cadougan to play beyond the 2012-2013 season.  SMH.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 03:26:43 PM »
Maybe Lockett wanted 2, since he can't wear 24?

Damn beat me to the 24 reference!!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 03:37:50 PM »
Jamail

Glad to hear you know Junior is cleared for next year. Nice info!!!

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
There will be no Great Escape this year!!!

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »
But DG is fighting the Battle of the Bulge..  286lb

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2012, 03:54:17 PM »
But DG is fighting the Battle of the Bulge..  286lb

Oh Big Daddy, you slay...

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
All this means is that they're finally going to retire #2 for Mo Acker

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2012, 04:35:27 PM »
This is what is wrong with the internets

Internets don't kill people, people kill people!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 06:36:18 PM »
Dan Marino wore 13 and he retired as the best QB ever.

Best QB ever?

Bart Starr
Johnny U
Sammy Baugh
Joe M/Steve Young
Terry B

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2012, 06:38:14 PM »
Absurd.  The dude is changing his number and the allusions to WWII are getting old...fast...

If this continues I may commit harakiri

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
Best QB ever?

Bart Starr
Johnny U
Sammy Baugh
Joe M/Steve Young
Terry B

Add Broadway Joe to the list.  The guy had style.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
Worse than the Bataan Death March

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 06:45:21 PM »
Add Broadway Joe to the list.  The guy had style.

I thought of him, actually. The man was up to his ears in extremely high quality quim and for that he must be recognized. At the end of it, though, I listed the QB's who delivered championships because that is what really matters. Broadway Joe, like Marino, appeared in one Super Bowl. Unlike Marino, though, The Tail Hunter actually won the game.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »
Worse than the Bataan Death March

Was familiar with it through history classes but watching video of it recently on TV I don't think there could be anything much worse.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2012, 06:47:08 PM »
Best QB ever?

Bart Starr
Johnny U
Sammy Baugh
Joe M/Steve Young
Terry B

You can add Brady, Manning, Favre, Elway, and a slew of others to that list as well.  Marino was a chucker that only knew how to call his own number 50 times a game and bitch out his receivers when he threw a bad ball.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »
You can add Brady, Manning, Favre, Elway, and a slew of others to that list as well.  Marino was a chucker that only knew how to call his own number 50 times a game and bitch out his receivers when he threw a bad ball.

But Marino bought all of his lineman Isotoner gloves every Christmas

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2012, 07:09:18 PM »
Absurd.  The dude is changing his number and the allusions to WWII are getting old...fast...

Who is the Overlord of this operation?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2012, 07:31:23 PM »
I thought of him, actually. The man was up to his ears in extremely high quality quim and for that he must be recognized. At the end of it, though, I listed the QB's who delivered championships because that is what really matters. Broadway Joe, like Marino, appeared in one Super Bowl. Unlike Marino, though, The Tail Hunter actually won the game.

Namath is the only guy on the planet who got more snap than Billie Clinton.  I gotta believe that Bill could out drink him though.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »
Namath is the only guy on the planet who got more snap than Billie Clinton.  I gotta believe that Bill could out drink him though.

Huge difference between the two. Clinton favored cocktail waitresses and lounge singers with heavy make up, big hair and even larger buttocks. Joe Willy was a man of far more discriminating tastes. He was cut from the same cloth as another great grid iron cocksman - Paul Hornung. These were men who had the pick of the litter and savored the delights of a beautiful woman. Clinton lurked in the shadows while Broadway Joe and the Golden Boy proudly wore stunning women on their arms in full view of an admiring public. Clinton played games with definitions while Joe and Paul simply smiled and winked. I must ask: Whom do you admire?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
Huge difference between the two. Clinton favored cocktail waitresses and lounge singers with heavy make up, big hair and even larger buttocks. Joe Willy was a man of far more discriminating tastes. He was cut from the same cloth as another great grid iron cocksman - Paul Hornung. These were men who had the pick of the litter and savored the delights of a beautiful woman. Clinton lurked in the shadows while Broadway Joe and the Golden Boy proudly wore stunning women on their arms in full view of an admiring public. Clinton played games with definitions while Joe and Paul simply smiled and winked. I must ask: Whom do you admire?

I was referring to sheer volume.  When you consider the coyote factor, Joe also wins, hands down....by a mile, and then some.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »
I was referring to sheer volume.  When you consider the coyote factor, Joe also wins, hands down....by a mile, and then some.

No doubt both have solid credentials as prodigious cocksmen. My only caveat would be that Joe Willy is the more discriminating of the two. Just one word sums that up, after all: Hilary

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2012, 08:10:55 AM »
All this means is that they're finally going to retire #2 for Mo Acker

YES YES YES!!!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
No doubt both have solid credentials as prodigious cocksmen. My only caveat would be that Joe Willy is the more discriminating of the two. Just one word sums that up, after all: Hilary

I WANT TO KISS YOU, SUZY.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.