[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by 🏀
[Today at 04:02:44 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Deonte Burton  (Read 11812 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Deonte Burton
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 02:46:43 PM »
Another blue-chip Wisconsin recruit. Good. So how does his offensive game, at this point, compare to our last home-state blue-chipper--Vander Blue? Can Burton shoot?

Getting back on the topic.  I haven't seen any footage of Burton.  Has anyone watched him play?  Can you tell us about his game?  To be ranked as high as he is, he must be really good.  Please tell us more about his play?

I wrote in another thread that I saw him play.  It was only his second game back after being cleared to play this year by the WIAA.  I only saw one game.  He is a man among boys on the boards and has a great knack for blocking shots.  His timing is great.  You could kind of tell that he wasn't used to playing with his teammates/his teammates weren't used to playing with him.  They were not well coached...at all.  Pius had far less talent and Vincent had plenty of chances to put the game away, but Pius was much more disciplined and hit a buzzer beater to send it into overtime.  Vincent won in overtime.  Burton ended with 16 points I believe, but shot a very poor percentage, including something like 5/13 from the free throw line.  His shot is slow developing and needs a lot of work, but it doesn't LOOK horrible like Vander's does, which leads me to believe that he can fix it (as I'm not 100% sure Vander can fix his).  To me he seems like JP Tokoto.  A freak athlete (Tokoto more explosive, Burton is stronger) who needs work on his jump shot but appears as though that shot can be fixed.  He will never be a sharp shooter, but I feel like he'll be able to get to the point where he can knock down the open 3 pointer and have a strong mid-range game.  He finishes very well/strong around the rim.  He's built big...looks like Cadougan with 5".

He kinda looks like Antoine Walker to me...and a few other guys on here

Whoa.  :o

YES!  He looks IDENTICAL to Antione Walker in person.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 02:50:02 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 02:56:24 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 04:13:25 PM »
Are any of the Milwaukee Vincent games coming up televised?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »
last night on Preps Plus (TWC ch 32) they miked the head coach of Vincent, Coach Allen(?).  Few mintues of him coaching up Deonte.  You can see Deonte is built like a tight end.  I will look into TV games in the near future and see what I can find.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 07:30:50 PM »
WFB Dominican @ STJMA on right now on MY 24 on TWC.  D Wison and Diamond Stone.

http://www.my24milwaukee.com  can stream as well if interested.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:47:20 PM by We R Final Four »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »
Buzz needs to pitch a tent Grizzly Man style outside Diamond Stone's house and have Monarch sleep in it for the next 2-3 years until we get his commitment.   

Kid is a stud and would help take this program up another level.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 08:59:51 PM »
Buzz needs to pitch a tent Grizzly Man style outside Diamond Stone's house and have Monarch sleep in it for the next 2-3 years until we get his commitment.   

Buzz walked out of the gym talking to a guy right behind me after watching Burton and I heard him saying "He's really good ain't he?  We were over there watching him last week.  We watched him last year.  He's going to be the best player to come out of here in quite some time.  He's really good."  I would guess he'll be all over him.  He'll be our best chance to get the 5 star big we've all been having wet dreams over.  It's finally a guy in our back yard.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »

If MU doesn't have a presence at nearly every one of his high school games I would be shocked. You can't let a 6'9 frosh with athleticism and touch around the rim slip through your fingers.

Is it just me, or has the talent in MKE high school hoops suddenly sky rocketed? Between Burton, Wilson Jr, Looney, and Stone, Buzz may not need to resort to the South to fill up high level classes. Obviously nothing wrong with keeping our eyes open around the country, but I definitely wouldn't mind establishing a hold on all the top talent in the state.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 08:34:58 AM »
The great thing about Stone is that he has been very tall for a long time, he didn't just sprout up one year recently. He is used to his body and the post moves. I remember seeing him at the beginning of 7th grade for Tosa East and he was already 6' 6".
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 08:58:46 AM by Freeport Warrior »

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 08:55:46 AM »
Sounds really promising.  Hope we add Looney to the team for next year and then sign the other futures too.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 09:55:14 AM »
Wadesworld... thanks for all your input about Burton!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 10:05:19 AM »
Wadesworld... thanks for all your input about Burton!

You're welcome.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 10:14:58 AM »
Sounds really promising.  Hope we add Looney to the team for next year and then sign the other futures too.

Looney is a sophomore in high school

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »
My mistake... I was thinking of 6'10" Philip Nolan.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
If MU doesn't have a presence at nearly every one of his high school games I would be shocked. You can't let a 6'9 frosh with athleticism and touch around the rim slip through your fingers.

Is it just me, or has the talent in MKE high school hoops suddenly sky rocketed? Between Burton, Wilson Jr, Looney, and Stone, Buzz may not need to resort to the South to fill up high level classes. Obviously nothing wrong with keeping our eyes open around the country, but I definitely wouldn't mind establishing a hold on all the top talent in the state.

Add Nolan along with the city conf. studs. that you mentioned- Matt Thomas, Nick Fuller, B Koening, Tokoto, Dekker, Luke Fisher... things are certainly looking up in the state.

I'll take the city conf and the Simeon pipeline myself.

burger

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 01:01:46 PM »
On the future plan.

Looney is the "biggest" get for MU's elite status future.

I hope Deonte is in his ear every day.

The combination of a young "Kevin Durant type player" (along way to go....but those are his traits) and a pure Bronco Bull in Burton.....(a dynamic truck that is going to finish around you, or thru you....or over you)

Burton will be a Top 20 player by the time it gets to the final rankings his senior year.

For his size to have that finishing ability, mobility, speed, and that cross-over.  I really can not give a singular comparison.

In the proverbial blender.  The size of Maymon with the speed and ahtleticism of a "Wilson type"....

Scarey.

And I not a Kool-aide drinker.

Was really pschyed on Mayo a year ago because of accounts of a family member who got to see him in HS regularily.  and Deonte is another "real deal" type player.....

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »
Looney was on Time Warner last weekend playing against Hamilton. Though he is skinny, he looks like a college player. Hard to believe he is a soph. I like the Durant reference, but to me he really looks like that guy from Baylor, Perry Jones III.

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 03:57:44 PM »
Looney was on Time Warner last weekend playing against Hamilton. Though he is skinny, he looks like a college player. Hard to believe he is a soph. I like the Durant reference, but to me he really looks like that guy from Baylor, Perry Jones III.

Looney was playing FOR Hamilton...

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2012, 04:10:21 PM »
Looney was playing FOR Hamilton...
My bad, it was Washington v. Hamilton

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 05:34:04 PM »
http://www.my24milwaukee.com/newsroom/sports/tnl_basketball/

Feb 23rd Riverside (Philip Nolan) at Hamilton (Kevon Looney).

Game is televised and streamed as well.  The site has highlights from previously aired games including Riverside and WFB Dominican.

Side note--Ch 3000 out of Madison had a game of the week which was Sun Prairie (Nick Fuller) at Verona scheduled, but cancelled due to weather.  I have asked if they are broadcasting the resched game which is 1/31.  No response yet.

Ch 32 TWC has a few games sched thru Feb 8, but no games to note of any potential MU recruits in them--that I am aware of at least.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 06:02:22 PM »
My bad, it was Washington v. Hamilton

King vs. Hamilton.

feedback