'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Deonte Burton  (Read 11810 times)

GOMU85

• Starter
Deonte Burton
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:25:06 PM »
He is now #30 overall in the class of 2013 ESPN rankings. He has a good shot at being an All-American

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2013/order/true

nyg

• All American
Re: Deonte Burton
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:42:35 PM »

GOMU85

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 01:44:37 PM »
Kevon Looney is #13 overall in his class by the way..

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2013

#40 in Scouts new 2013 list.

Luke Fischer is now in Scout's top 100.  Evidently, all it took was him accepting an offer from Indiana.  Didn't Bobby Knight once make up a guy and say he was interested in him and then that guy started showing up in top 100 lists?

Nunn is 43 on Scout's board and 58 on ESPN's board.  ESPN has him only offered by Texas A&M and MU right now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:00:21 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
The immortal Ivan Renko.....

"Didn't Bobby Knight once make up a guy and say he was interested in him and then that guy started showing up in top 100 lists?"

GOMU85

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 03:51:42 PM »
Luke Fischer is now in Scout's top 100.  Evidently, all it took was him accepting an offer from Indiana.  

LOL, yea its funny how that works

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 05:11:40 PM »
Just a note, Bronson Keonig is no longer ranked on espn

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »
He would be top 50 had he committed to Carolina.

Bieberhole69

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »
FYI Benford is at Simeon tonight watching Taylor and Nunn

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 07:00:04 PM »

And hopefully Parker, too! And if Benford wants to slip him keys to a new Caddy, I promise to look away.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 07:13:33 PM »

Now this is why I read these posts.  Thx Bieber

Maybe JFB can bring D Rose up for a game next time.  C'mon Tony Bring 'em in!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 07:35:26 PM »
The immortal Ivan Renko.....

Thanks for reminding me about this wonder story.  I had completely forgotten about it ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Renko

Ivan Renko was a fictitious Yugoslav basketball player created by Bobby Knight when he was the head coach for the Indiana University Hoosiers. In January of the 1992-93 college basketball season, Knight commented on his Sunday television show that the "6'8" 230 lbs. Renko was coming to Indiana and that he was very pleased to get this commitment.

Knight created Renko in an attempt to exploit several so-called recruiting "experts" and to show that their services were actually worthless to subscribers. Knight was successful in his task, and even though Renko was completely fictional, several recruiting services started listing him as a prospect with in-depth descriptions of his potential and game style. Some of the more reputable recruiting gurus claimed to have never heard of Renko, whereas some other "experts" even claimed to possess or to see film of him actually playing basketball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »
He would be top 50 had he committed to Carolina.

Easily.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »
I recently watched Looney and he is the real deal.  He was listed as a guard on TW32 but has the size of a wing.  Anyone know what he projects at at the next level?

romey

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 10:18:17 PM »
Thanks for reminding me about this wonder story.  I had completely forgotten about it ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Renko

Ivan Renko was a fictitious Yugoslav basketball player created by Bobby Knight when he was the head coach for the Indiana University Hoosiers. In January of the 1992-93 college basketball season, Knight commented on his Sunday television show that the "6'8" 230 lbs. Renko was coming to Indiana and that he was very pleased to get this commitment.

Knight created Renko in an attempt to exploit several so-called recruiting "experts" and to show that their services were actually worthless to subscribers. Knight was successful in his task, and even though Renko was completely fictional, several recruiting services started listing him as a prospect with in-depth descriptions of his potential and game style. Some of the more reputable recruiting gurus claimed to have never heard of Renko, whereas some other "experts" even claimed to possess or to see film of him actually playing basketball.

And now Reinko post regularly on MU Scoop!  :o

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 10:33:28 PM »
I recently watched Looney and he is the real deal.  He was listed as a guard on TW32 but has the size of a wing.  Anyone know what he projects at at the next level?

A SWITCHABLE.  ;)

reinko

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 12:38:42 PM »
And now Reinko post regularly on MU Scoop!  :o

Not a coincidence.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »
Getting back on the topic.  I haven't seen any footage of Burton.  Has anyone watched him play?  Can you tell us about his game?  To be ranked as high as he is, he must be really good.  Please tell us more about his play?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »
Getting back on the topic.  I haven't seen any footage of Burton.  Has anyone watched him play?  Can you tell us about his game?  To be ranked as high as he is, he must be really good.  Please tell us more about his play?

I've only seen highlight clips, but I'm guessing this is fairly accurate:

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/102636/deonte-burton

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »
This was from a recent game against King

King vs. Vincent was highly entertaining

There's nothing quite like an intense rivalry game between city foes in front of a charged crowd on a Friday night. That's exactly what Milwaukee (Wisc.) King v. Milwaukee (Wisc.) Vincent was at King high school to start off the trip.

Riding the impressive play of 6-foot-5 senior wing Arroyo Edwards, King scored a come from behind 80-75 overtime win over a game Vincent squad.

A three-star prospect, Edwards will likely need to attend a junior college for a few years. However, with his ability to shoot from deep, attack off the dribble and nose for scoring the basketball he has all of the tools to leave junior college as a high major target. Also impressive for King was junior combo guard Austin Malone-Mitchell who scored 19 and hit on several deep shots and crafty drives.

On the Vincent side of things, junior Deonte Burton looked every bit the part of the four-star, top 50 ranked wing that he is. One of the most physical players in his class, Burton is an athletic 6-foot-5 wide bodied lefty who plays with great intensity. He is good off the dribble, was a man on the glass and blocked double-digit shots while being clutched and grabbed at the entire night.

Real Chilly Podcast

• Starter
  • whassup marquette whassuuup?
    • Real Chilly Podcast
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »
I've only seen highlight clips, but I'm guessing this is fairly accurate:

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/102636/deonte-burton

anyone else think he kinda looks like barry sanders?

Listen to the Real Chilly Podcast on SoundCloud, iTunes, or Youtube.

Follow our twitter: @RealChillyPod

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 02:08:55 PM »
anyone else think he kinda looks like barry sanders?

pretty good resemblance
SS Marquette

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »

On the Vincent side of things, junior Deonte Burton looked every bit the part of the four-star, top 50 ranked wing that he is. One of the most physical players in his class, Burton is an athletic 6-foot-5 wide bodied lefty who plays with great intensity. He is good off the dribble, was a man on the glass and blocked double-digit shots while being clutched and grabbed at the entire night.[/b]

Another blue-chip Wisconsin recruit. Good. So how does his offensive game, at this point, compare to our last home-state blue-chipper--Vander Blue? Can Burton shoot?

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »
Another blue-chip Wisconsin recruit. Good. So how does his offensive game, at this point, compare to our last home-state blue-chipper--Vander Blue? Can Burton shoot?

From what I hear and see his outside shot still might need some work, but apparently he has good touch from mid-range.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 02:40:40 PM »

pretty good resemblance

He kinda looks like Antoine Walker to me...and a few other guys on here

Feel like there's a shading of a mini Antoine Walker in Burton.

That's what I thought too...he looks a little bit like him.

Hopefully he's not a headcase like him.

Whoa.  :o

feedback