'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by 🏀
[Today at 04:02:44 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 02:26:40 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette iPhone Application  (Read 11843 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Marquette iPhone Application
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
Now there is a brand new way to follow Marquette Athletics...the Marquette Mobile iPhone App!

Don't miss out your favorite Golden Eagle sports while you're on the go! The Marquette Mobile iPhone application allows fans easy access to up-to-the-minute news, scores, schedules, rosters and streaming audio and video for the 2009-2010 school year. Whether you follow Marquette basketball or volleyball, soccer or tennis, you're covered.

HEADLINES:
Breaking news, by sport, available exclusively from gomarquette.com.

SCORES:
Updated score, schedule and venue information for each contest, and results from past events.

SCHEDULES:
Complete schedules for each sport by date, time, location and opponent. Includes home and away team rosters and bio information for each athlete.

AUDIO/VIDEO:
On-demand audio and video clips, as well as live streaming audio for live events.

COMING SOON!
Subscription access to premium audio and video content through your iPhone! Subscribe to Marquette All-Access and experience live streaming multimedia when you're away from your computer.
Live play-by-play with the GameTracker in-game live statistics interface!

PRICE:
$4.99 per year
Download the Marquette Mobile iPhone App today!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Marquette iPhone Application
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:28:28 PM »
PRICE:
$4.99 per year

:o :o :o :o

I'm not an iAnything kind of guy, but I'd question the value at $5 one-time.  At $5 annually, that's a rip-off!  Doesn't the phone already have a web browser that will go to gomarquette.com for free?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:52:17 PM by rocky_warrior »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 02:34:39 PM »

I'm not an iAnything kind of guy, but I'd question the value at $5 one-time.  At $5 annually, that's a rip-off!  Doesn't the phone already have a web brownser that will go to gomarquette.com for free?

Gotta pay for those new dorms, admin buildings, and rec centers somehow.   ::)  Only have to sell 20,000,000 of these to jump start that $100 million capital campaign.  Iphone users, UNITE!

LON

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »

I'm not an iAnything kind of guy, but I'd question the value at $5 one-time.  At $5 annually, that's a rip-off!  Doesn't the phone already have a web browser that will go to gomarquette.com for free?

You can get to this message board (and post) just fine through the web browser.  If I buy any app it will be ESPN radio so I can stream the broadcast of games.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 03:29:43 PM »
Per year?  I'm not aware of any other iPhone app that is not a one time fee.  That's odd

I'm just glad that Sling Media is finally on the iPhone and got the 3G clearance last week.

EDIT:  I just looked it up....is this the one from CBS Interactive?  Looks to me like it's $4.99 one time charge like all other iPhone apps, not a recurring charge.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:32:10 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 03:32:32 PM »
totally would have bought this app for $.99 per year. but $5 per year for an Iphone ap is pretty hefty for me.
It's not  SAP's BusinessOne financial management software or iRa Pro but it's still higher that most average consumer apps

reinko

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
Per year?  I'm not aware of any other iPhone app that is not a one time fee.  That's odd

MLB Radio on the iPhone is a subscription per year based service.  And it's awesome.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 03:35:50 PM »
MLB Radio on the iPhone is a subscription per year based service.  And it's awesome.

Thanks.  I have a ton of apps, but not one that is recurring. 

Besides, I'll take MLB Extra Innings package instead.   ;D

reinko

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 03:46:35 PM »
Thanks.  I have a ton of apps, but not one that is recurring. 

Besides, I'll take MLB Extra Innings package instead.   ;D

I do both, so I can get the Ueck calling my Brewer games.   ;D

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 04:06:48 PM »
I live in chicago and pay $140 for espn360 to get all the games. Id be nice if mu could get the games on the phone but I'm sure there's some restrictions on that.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 05:07:00 PM »
I have several MU "sites" on Twitter & Facebook on my Itouch.  To be honest 90% of it is stuff I am not interested in and these are free.  Why would I want to pay to get the same information?

Besides I have a shortcut to MUScoop that gets me all the Marquette info I need!! ;D

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »
Per year?  I'm not aware of any other iPhone app that is not a one time fee.

For some of these, the app will continue to open after the year, but they won't send any new data to it. So the app itself is a one-time fee ... the continued data is yearly.

I would have bought this, even for $5 a year, if it was made by Marquette. Get some IT students on it and make some money for the school. It is just a rebranded app from CBS -- I'm guessing all the schools that partner with them for their sites have the exact same thing in different colors.

Too bad. I'd been thinking about an iPhone app that incorporated this message board, some Twitter stuff (pics and scoring) and some freely available audio/video, but thought it'd be too niche. I can't imagine the market for Marquette iPhone apps is big enough for two competing apps :)
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 05:45:12 PM »
There is an app (tapatalk) that several message boards use that makes them much easier to navigate.   Unfortunately, none of those are sites I frequent. 

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 05:50:40 PM »
I hate to be negative against anything that will bring mu money, but lets be honest someone will hack the app just like every other one and 95% of the users will have it for free.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »
There is an app (tapatalk) that several message boards use that makes them much easier to navigate.   Unfortunately, none of those are sites I frequent.  

We'll see what we can do....after the first of March ;)

http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6086&postcount=5

Edit: Based on this thread, I was gonna' ask how we can better support smart-phone users.  Tapatalk looks like a good option, but if there are other suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.  I'll start a thread on the suggestions board, just in case...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?board=6.0
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:13:05 PM by rocky_warrior »

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 09:16:31 PM »
I hope that they eventually add an Android app!

MUScoop loads perfectly on my Droid Eris, by the way, though there is no way to force it to the "mobile" version.

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 10:57:16 PM »

MUScoop loads perfectly on my Droid Eris, by the way, though there is no way to force it to the "mobile" version.

+1

My droid rocks the non-mobile MUScoop. Looks and loads great.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 12:06:46 AM »
We'll see what we can do....after the first of March ;)

http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6086&postcount=5

Edit: Based on this thread, I was gonna' ask how we can better support smart-phone users.  Tapatalk looks like a good option, but if there are other suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.  I'll start a thread on the suggestions board, just in case...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?board=6.0

Dude, where's the DONATE NOW BUTTON???

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 07:55:28 AM »

According to http://www.tapatalk.com/
"Tapatalk is an iPhone, Android, Nokia mobile application for super fast and handle forum access. [...]Tapatalk supports iPhone and Android. Nokia and BlackBerry version are in the making and will be available in February 2010."

GuyIncognito

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 10:12:52 AM »
I hate to be negative against anything that will bring mu money, but lets be honest someone will hack the app just like every other one and 95% of the users will have it for free.

Those 95% would have never bought the app in the first place, so there's no loss of money.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 10:36:40 AM »
According to http://www.tapatalk.com/
"Tapatalk is an iPhone, Android, Nokia mobile application for super fast and handle forum access. [...]Tapatalk supports iPhone and Android. Nokia and BlackBerry version are in the making and will be available in February 2010."
handle = handy?  Their website looks professional so it's a bit baffling that the first sentence they hit you with would have a confusing misspelling.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 11:04:24 AM »
handle = handy?  Their website looks professional so it's a bit baffling that the first sentence they hit you with would have a confusing misspelling.

The company developing the application is based in Hong Kong.  I'd guess that they're a small upstart without the resources to hire a professional writer that has English as their first language.  A little Engrish never hurt anybody :)

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »
True.  It's no "Batard - It's burned to a crisp with all our heart."

feedback