collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013-14 NHL thread  (Read 69119 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: 2013-14 NHL thread
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2014, 10:11:22 AM »
Go Wild! Hawks have to be a little nervous
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »

Good game by the Wild, and Bryz did what he had to do in the third. As a Hawks fan, I'm chagrined to see Cooke back in the lineup.
That said, the Hawks played really poorly. Mistakes by everyone on the ice, but particularly the d-men. Rozival was terrible, Seabrook was terrible, even Keith made some mistakes.
Way too much time and space for the Minne forwards. Wild players were putting up tents and campstoves in front of Crawford. He got hung out to dry several times.
You can overcome bad games by a couple guys, but that was too much.
Better find that next gear on Sunday, Hawks!

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2014, 09:12:24 PM »

Really not nervous at all. By far the least talented team left in the playoffs and its not even close. Hawks fin their stride and win the next two going away. I say the hawks are +6 in goals the next two games.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2014, 07:28:26 AM »
Chicos--waiting for your guys--close it out tonight.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2014, 07:42:27 AM »
Surprised only at how well the Wild kept it close last night, but the outcome, of the series anyway, was never in doubt.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2014, 08:33:55 AM »
After a pretty brutal effort in game 4, the Hawks did what they do best in the playoffs. Make adjustments and close out the series when given the opportunity.

It's kinda funny that the league forced Q's hand into putting his most effective lineup by sitting Bollig down for his stupid hit on Ballard. It'll be interesting to see if Q keeps Regin and Nordstrom in the lineup. The bottom of the lineup is a lot more flexible with those two in, and it made a big difference in games 5 and 6.

Corey Crawford. Not sure what more he needs to do for people to see how valuable he is for this team. He gave up some soft goals in this series, but was absolutely nails when they needed him in these last two games.

Halfway there. Let's go Hawks!
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

reinko

• All American
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2014, 08:58:39 AM »
Expect Krejci to break out his playoff scoring slump tonight, will net 2, B's win 4-1.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2014, 09:43:35 AM »
I'm glad the Rangers won last night, I hate Pittsburg

Oh and how about them Grand Rapids Griffins going for the second straight Calder Cup. Make it happen boys
Bring back FFP!!!

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2014, 09:47:08 AM »
After a pretty brutal effort in game 4, the Hawks did what they do best in the playoffs. Make
Corey Crawford. Not sure what more he needs to do for people to see how valuable he is for this team. He gave up some soft goals in this series, but was absolutely nails when they needed him in these last two games.

Agreed. Crow has been the Hawks overall best player in the first two rounds.
Best player in the last three games has been Marcus Krueger -- he's had some serious jump.
Versteeg also seems like he really responded to his benching.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2014, 09:57:39 AM »
Expect Krejci to break out his playoff scoring slump tonight, will net 2, B's win 4-1.

Gawd, I hope you're right.  Been waiting all series long.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »
After a pretty brutal effort in game 4, the Hawks did what they do best in the playoffs. Make adjustments and close out the series when given the opportunity.

It's kinda funny that the league forced Q's hand into putting his most effective lineup by sitting Bollig down for his stupid hit on Ballard. It'll be interesting to see if Q keeps Regin and Nordstrom in the lineup. The bottom of the lineup is a lot more flexible with those two in, and it made a big difference in games 5 and 6.

Halfway there. Let's go Hawks!

I am guessing one of them will sit once Shaw comes back.

I think the hawks really missed them in this series as a presence in front of the net!

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »
I am guessing one of them will sit once Shaw comes back.

I think the hawks really missed them in this series as a presence in front of the net!

No question that they missed Shaw. He doesn't look like much but his game is perfectly suited for the playoffs. He is gritty with plenty of skill to go along with it, and is an enormous pain in the ass for the other team to deal with. What they missed most was his willingness to go to the dirty areas to score.

I think Nordstrom sits when Shaw gets back. Fine with me, just so long as Bollig is done playing. I am a bit concerned that Shaw's injury might keep him out for the whole conference final. He still isn't skating.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2014, 01:27:55 PM »
No question that they missed Shaw. He doesn't look like much but his game is perfectly suited for the playoffs. He is gritty with plenty of skill to go along with it, and is an enormous pain in the ass for the other team to deal with. What they missed most was his willingness to go to the dirty areas to score.

I think Nordstrom sits when Shaw gets back. Fine with me, just so long as Bollig is done playing. I am a bit concerned that Shaw's injury might keep him out for the whole conference final. He still isn't skating.

Yea, I think the injury is much worse than theyre letting on. Ideally they would bench Nordy and keep Reign with Versteeg and Kruger ans those 3 have played so well together. That way you can put the Bickell, Smith and Kane as well as the Hossa, Toews and Sharp line back together.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2014, 02:23:05 PM »
Chicos--waiting for your guys--close it out tonight.

I think it goes 7 and it's up for grabs.  I hate playing the Kings, their defense is so damn frustrating.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2014, 10:41:05 PM »
2-1 after 2.  Palmieri goal was HUGE and best wrap around (glad certain of the posters don't follow the hockey thread) I've ever seen, especially after Gibson let in that weak goal.  Could have been floodgates...

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2014, 11:18:55 PM »
The end of that game  :o :o :o

As a Hawks fan, bring on another 60 minute emotion filled roller coaster please!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2014, 06:42:56 AM »
Lucic is a penis.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2014, 08:59:52 AM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:01:29 AM by MDMU04 »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2014, 09:05:59 AM »
Wha-wha-wha... huh... what's going on???  What time is it?  Ahh geez and dang it... someone wake me up about 5 minutes before that little weasel Bettman steps onto the ice.  I hope he slips & cracks his head open and ends up spending 7 hours in the ER waiting room at Rush.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2014, 12:39:35 PM »
I'm glad the Bruins are out of it as they are just a great overall team, but I have no interest in trying to beat Lundqvist in the finals either.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »
I'm glad the Bruins are out of it as they are just a great overall team, but I have no interest in trying to beat Lundqvist in the finals either.

Lot of good goalies left, and yes I include Crawford in that statement.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/statshome.htm?navid=nav-sts-league#

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2014, 05:20:49 PM »
Good start, but will not fee comfortable against this team until 4th win. 

So glad no Avs and no Bruins. 

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »

So glad no Avs and no Bruins. 

Agreed.  On paper we're the best team.... most complete team at least.  Obviously anything can happen but it's certainly lined up pretty nicely so far.
Nice job all around today.  Kings looked outmatched but I expect a lot more from then in Game 2.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2014, 01:23:40 AM »
I never want to see Brandon Bollig suit up ever again for the Blackhawks. He is brutally awful and it shows each and every time he is on the ice. I dont know what Q sees in him because literally nobody else that I know who follows the Hawks wants him in the lineup. He is a liability on the ice and to say there isnt a better options is ludacris. Q is getting Buzz level type bad by still playing him, the difference is thdre are enough other guys to pick up the slack. For the love of god, no more Brandon Bollig, ever.

End Rant.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2014, 09:59:16 AM »
That was the first Hawks playoff game I turned off.  I almost turned it off after the 4th goal which was just lazy and inexcusable, and then finally did after the 5th.  What a lazy and uninspired 3rd period.  It was honestly embarrassing.

That being said, this team has responded very well from tough losses so far in the playoffs, and Q seems to right the ship rather quickly, so it will be interesting to see how they come out on Saturday.  I expect inspired play from the opening drop.

feedback