[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Podcast question line  (Read 5483 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Podcast question line
« on: July 22, 2013, 08:39:23 AM »
Well we're in the throes of summer and getting tantalizingly close to a return of MU basketball but not quite there.  My podcast partner and I are planning yet another scintillating Scrambled Eggs podcast, but we're lazy so we're looking for listener help.  We want to get a list of questions from the audience to debate back and forth around MU basketball, Marquette in general, and if they're good even non-basketball questions.  Mostly we are going to focus on MU basketball so throw out suggestions in this thread.

What are things you want debated, we won't settle them most likely but I'm sure we'll get into a few fights.  I could dig through all the threads in here, but I'd like to get the ones that are the most pressing/interesting/urgent right now.

Things we won't debate:
Crean vs Buzz
Who can and can't wear Indiana shorts
Why wings of gold are better than wings of lead
Whether the KSU scrimmage loss cost 1 or 2 seed lines in the NCAA tourny.

So what do you want debated?  Feel free to tweet topics to @mooof23 or @JoeMcCann3
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Podcast question line
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 10:04:10 AM »
Todd Mayo and/or Juan Anderson could both be interesting topics. Maybe just call it "returning juniors".

We've all seen some flashes, but the overall performance has been average.

Do you expect Todd to be a starter and double digit scorer? Can he shoot over 35% from 3pt? Maybe 40%?

Will Juan play more than 10min? 15min? What does he need to do to be an effective SF?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:28:37 AM »
What I would like to see debated is the whole issue of the downtown arena in Milwaukee, specifically from MU's perspective.  A podcast would be perfect (though you may need to enlist another person or two) since there are too many paths of discussion for any meaningful debate within a single Scoop thread, namely:

1) Should MU support any bid Milwaukee makes for a new downtown arena, even if it's widely unpopular and unsupported by the general public?
2) Should MU commit or contribute any capital towards the cost of a new downtown arena?
3) If money were no object, is MU better off being a tenant in an NBA arena or having its own on-campus arena?
4) Is there any tangible value to MU in having an NBA team in Milwaukee?  If so, how would that be affected by MU and the Bucks not being co-tenants in the same arena?
5) If the BC is not replaced and the Bucks skip town, how many years before MU has to look at options other than the BC?  IOW - How long before the BC becomes obsolete for MU (or is it already obsolete for a program like MU)?
6) What combination of factors/events would have to occur to justify MU building an on-campus arena at any (reasonable) expense?
7) Where would you build an on-campus arena?  How many would it seat?  What about parking/access?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 10:52:33 AM »
How is this team going to manage minutes at 2 guard spot?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:29:34 AM »
I'd like to see

1. An in-depth discussion previewing this year's incoming freshman class, what position you see each of them playing, how many minutes and what impact they will have.

2. A Big East preview breaking down each of the teams and predictings on standings

3. Debate on who the biggest in-conference rivals will now be

4. Game by game predictions of MU's schedule

You guys on iTunes yet?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 12:45:06 PM »
Good stuff so far.

I'm planning to attack the iTunes stuff this week so hopefully the next one would be on iTunes.  We use Podbean to host the pod, they have an android app feature that supposedly allows you to download the pod and listen directly through your android phone, so I'm going to take a look at that as well.  I've got some other platform ideas I'm kicking around but just have to find time between now and the beginning of the season to implement.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 01:32:35 PM »
Duane vs. Derrick at the starting PG spot...both at the beginning of the season and the end.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 01:36:11 PM »
Ranking your favorite Keefe life experiences.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 02:33:34 PM »
Maybe interview Keefe?

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »
What I would like to see debated is the whole issue of the downtown arena in Milwaukee, specifically from MU's perspective.  A podcast would be perfect (though you may need to enlist another person or two) since there are too many paths of discussion for any meaningful debate within a single Scoop thread, namely:

1) Should MU support any bid Milwaukee makes for a new downtown arena, even if it's widely unpopular and unsupported by the general public?
2) Should MU commit or contribute any capital towards the cost of a new downtown arena?
3) If money were no object, is MU better off being a tenant in an NBA arena or having its own on-campus arena?
4) Is there any tangible value to MU in having an NBA team in Milwaukee?  If so, how would that be affected by MU and the Bucks not being co-tenants in the same arena?
5) If the BC is not replaced and the Bucks skip town, how many years before MU has to look at options other than the BC?  IOW - How long before the BC becomes obsolete for MU (or is it already obsolete for a program like MU)?
6) What combination of factors/events would have to occur to justify MU building an on-campus arena at any (reasonable) expense?
7) Where would you build an on-campus arena?  How many would it seat?  What about parking/access?

Co-sign on all of this.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »
You guys on iTunes yet?

If you go to the SE page - http://scrambledeggs.podbean.com/ - and scroll down, on the right hand side, there's a "subscribe in iTunes" button. Works just fine for me.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

NoCheese

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
If the major football conferences leave the NCAA, where does that leave the NON-Bball schools and MU?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 04:54:54 PM »
If you go to the SE page - http://scrambledeggs.podbean.com/ - and scroll down, on the right hand side, there's a "subscribe in iTunes" button. Works just fine for me.

I want it in the podcast app on my iPhone.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 07:38:02 PM »

These are all OUTSTANDING questions.  I would certainly listen to such a discussion.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »
Maybe interview Keefe?

How long is this podcast???

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »
How long is this podcast???

Not nearly that long.

We may not have room for Keefe's biography but if it is popular enough we may have a recurring the public speaks portion of the podcast

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 01:13:33 PM »
I want it in the podcast app on my iPhone.

You're the first person I know that uses that app.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 04:45:25 PM »
You're the first person I know that uses that app.

I didn't know there was an app

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 05:06:54 PM »
BTW "Downcast" is by far the best podcast app on iOS, in my opinion.

Tried a few times to search on there and subscribe to u guys but so far unsuccessfully.

Haven't struck out like that with any other podcasts... would listen regularly if I could get it on that app.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 02:33:38 AM »
I didn't know there was an app

If you want to download podcasts from the iTunes Store on the go, you HAVE to use the Podcasts app, and then your podcasts aren't available in the music player, even if you created a playlist for them.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 09:14:05 AM »
If you want to download podcasts from the iTunes Store on the go, you HAVE to use the Podcasts app, and then your podcasts aren't available in the music player, even if you created a playlist for them.

Using the app is fairly easy. You don't have to use your desktop or iTunes at all.

You go in, search a podcast, subscribe, and you're done. It gets pushed to your iPhone everytime a new cast is released. You listen to it in the app.

Not really sure why you percieve it as difficult or not user friendly. Its the only way I listen to podcasts, and I know lots of people who operate the same way. And if I can't find this cast in there, I'm not gonna listen to it. I'm lazy. I'm not going to go looking for it somewhere else. Just thought I'd let the podcast author know, because it sounds like he's going to have good content so he'll want to get it out to as many people as he can.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 10:59:29 AM »
Using the app is fairly easy. You don't have to use your desktop or iTunes at all.

You go in, search a podcast, subscribe, and you're done. It gets pushed to your iPhone everytime a new cast is released. You listen to it in the app.

Not really sure why you percieve it as difficult or not user friendly. Its the only way I listen to podcasts, and I know lots of people who operate the same way. And if I can't find this cast in there, I'm not gonna listen to it. I'm lazy. I'm not going to go looking for it somewhere else. Just thought I'd let the podcast author know, because it sounds like he's going to have good content so he'll want to get it out to as many people as he can.

And this is the beauty(some might say frustration) of multiple delivery platforms...you can deliver the same content via different methods that various people like without too much back office effort.

I just need to get in the lab and focus on getting all the platform stuff done then we'll be good to go.  Plan is to have everything rolled out before fall semester starts.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 02:14:47 PM »
And this is the beauty(some might say frustration) of multiple delivery platforms...you can deliver the same content via different methods that various people like without too much back office effort.

I just need to get in the lab and focus on getting all the platform stuff done then we'll be good to go.  Plan is to have everything rolled out before fall semester starts.
godspeed - looking forward to tuning in
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 02:30:52 AM »
Not really sure why you percieve it as difficult or not user friendly.

I do a lot of driving, so I use a playlist to keep podcasts playing instead of having to start a new one after the old one stops. The Podcasts app disables the playlists.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

feedback