'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU fans become a cliche  (Read 5667 times)

tower912

• All American
MU fans become a cliche
« on: March 24, 2014, 05:26:53 PM »
Gentlemen, this board has just become that which it takes such joy in poking fun at.    Take a break.   Take a shower.   Eat something.   Go become re-acquainted with your spouse and children.   Accept that you just fell prey to an internet version of 'telephone'.    Clearly, there is a reason this wasn't picked up nationally.   Clearly, there is a way to go until anything is official.  MU will get a coach.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

willie warrior

• All American
Re: MU fans become a cliche
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 05:28:48 PM »
Gentlemen, this board has just become that which it takes such joy in poking fun at.    Take a break.   Take a shower.   Eat something.   Go become re-acquainted with your spouse and children.   Accept that you just fell prey to an internet version of 'telephone'.    Clearly, there is a reason this wasn't picked up nationally.   Clearly, there is a way to go until anything is official.  MU will get a coach.   
Agreed. Even though Tower is hoping that Buzz is still in play.

The longer this dance goes on, the more it looks that Shaka Con may be playing MU. If so, move on.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 05:30:29 PM »

NEVER! 
/refresh, refresh, refresh
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

brandx

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 05:31:07 PM »

The longer this dance goes on, the more it looks that Shaka Con may be playing MU. If so, move on.

Why - cuz he's not on our schedule?

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 05:31:21 PM »

Beginning to feel a bit like Manti Te'o right now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 05:45:32 PM »
No national pick up.   No official announcement from MU.    A (actually accurate but completely unrelated) tweet from a student.   'Confirmation' from other students.   And it becomes the most attention ever paid to a end of season banquet announcement.    That pain you feel on the inside of your jaw is a really big hook that you chomped on.     Like your parents told you when you were little and you may have repeated to your children.   

We will be there when we get there.   Now quit nagging.    And don't hit your sister.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 05:54:42 PM »
For some perspective, the Buzz to VT word heated up about a day in advance, with the first word being some message five days prior.  We're only at hour...six?  Though I'm also thinking our humiliating Snopes entry may come before a new coach.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »
This board has shined like never before! Creativity, sarcasm, GIFs, photoshops, minimal personal attacks.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 06:19:51 PM »

....says the sanctimonious clown with over 6300 posts on this board.
We Are Marquette

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 06:22:26 PM »
OK, maybe a few more personal attacks than I originally figured!  :D

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
....says the sanctimonious clown with over 6300 posts on this board.

I prefer....keeping my head when all other around me are losing theirs.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 07:58:14 PM »

I actually did just this. Left my computer at 4:30 ET to umpire some Little League baseball. By the time I finished, got home, shaved, showered, ate dinner and got back on the computer, it was 8:30 p.m.

And if anything, it's more crazy now than when I left!

Is Dukiet available?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback