[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

If MU loses in the next round, how do you rate the season?

Sweet 16 = good season
238 (95.2%)
Disappontment
12 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 247

Author Topic: If MU loses in the next round, how do you rate the season?  (Read 5563 times)

Daniel

• All American
Re: If MU loses in the next round, how do you rate the season?
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2013, 08:54:56 PM »
It has already gone beyond what most of us realistically expected in November. But let's pass the test!  Win the next one!  Go Marquette!

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2013, 09:18:09 PM »
Not only has the season been great so far, but from just a pure sports entertainment value perspective, these first two tournament games have been fabulous because of all the nervous tension which is what makes certain games so memorable.

Sure, it would have been easier on the heart and acid reflux had Marquette won these first two games by 10-plus points, but they wouldn't have been as exciting or memorable either. That i can barely breathe from tension feeling during a close game late is what makes sports so much fun to follow IMO.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2013, 06:56:57 AM »
Is this the dumbest post on Scoop yet, or what???

Guys, we're playing Miami Thursday night for a chance to ruin His Eminance The Tanned One's season.

We have just won two of the most spectacular games of the NCAA tournament.

We're four games away from our second national championship.

Quit asking fatalistic questions!

To paraphrase Barbara Bush in 2000 when asked about the Presidential race, "My basketball team will be national champions. That's all there is to it."

Davante, I'll be there smiling with you when you get on Vander's shoulders and cut the net down in Atlanta!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2013, 03:11:32 PM »
Have you ever prayed for anyone? Have you ever wished someone luck?

Positivity is contagious. So is negativity. Thus I prefer to only express positive thoughts about the future.

You obviously may choose to live your life however you choose. Best of luck to you.

If Marquette lost this season every time I said: "Crap! We're gonna lose this game!" we'd have been about 10-21 and obviously wouldn't have been in the position for me to say multiple times last week: "Crap! We're gonna lose this game!"

So I'd say everybody should thank me because my negative energy clearly inspired the team to victory.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »
There are 347 Division I schools and 331 of them are not playing for the big one. Seeing as how there are now so few competitors, why not keep winning? My concern is that the first two tournament wins were so damn easy that the guys might have lost their edge a bit.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »
If Marquette lost this season every time I said: "Crap! We're gonna lose this game!" we'd have been about 10-21 and obviously wouldn't have been in the position for me to say multiple times last week: "Crap! We're gonna lose this game!"

So I'd say everybody should thank me because my negative energy clearly inspired the team to victory.

Somebody else like me!  I've taken to yelling "No!" often when we shoot 3s, at first because I genuinely didn't like the shot but now because we seem to hit a higher percentage of 3's when I yell, "No!"  I save it for important 3s, though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:21:57 PM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
Somebody else like me!  I've taken to yelling "No!" often when we shoot 3s, at first because I generally didn't like the shot but now because we seem to hit a higher percentage of 3's when I yell, "No!"  I save it for important 3s, though.

I do that too sometimes. But I am even more likely to yell "No!" whenever a wide-open guy on the other team shoots a 3!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
Well, we didn't lose so the point is moot.

BUT - we were picked 7th in the BE and now we're among the last EIGHT standing - the answer is obvious!