[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz's Players In Top Form for S16 game  (Read 8844 times)

Not A Serious Person

• All American
Buzz's Players In Top Form for S16 game
« on: March 28, 2019, 03:26:10 PM »
Ty Outlaw will play for Virginia Tech after being charged with marijuana possession

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-virginia-tech-ty-outlaw-marijuana-20190328-story.html

Virginia Tech forward Ty Outlaw will play Friday night against Duke in the Sweet 16 after being cited for marijuana possession last week, the team announced Thursday.

Hokies coach Buzz Williams and Outlaw addressed the situation after the team practiced at the East regional site, Capital One Arena in Washington.

"Ty took a drug test by an outside agency yesterday before we left. And the test was negative," Williams said. "So maybe sometimes what scrolls across TV may not actually be the whole story or what is published on Twitter in an ironically efficient pace, may not be the whole story. So Ty's handled everything perfect. He's been transparent not only with me but with all the authorities involved. And I think it will play itself out."
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Buzz's Players In Top Form for S16 game
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 03:29:26 PM »
Ty Outlaw will play for Virginia Tech after being charged with marijuana possession

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-virginia-tech-ty-outlaw-marijuana-20190328-story.html

Virginia Tech forward Ty Outlaw will play Friday night against Duke in the Sweet 16 after being cited for marijuana possession last week, the team announced Thursday.

Hokies coach Buzz Williams and Outlaw addressed the situation after the team practiced at the East regional site, Capital One Arena in Washington.

"Ty took a drug test by an outside agency yesterday before we left. And the test was negative," Williams said. "So maybe sometimes what scrolls across TV may not actually be the whole story or what is published on Twitter in an ironically efficient pace, may not be the whole story. So Ty's handled everything perfect. He's been transparent not only with me but with all the authorities involved. And I think it will play itself out."

Discussed elsewhere.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 03:29:50 PM »
Someone fetch a fainting couch! Marijuana?!?!

THE HUMANITY

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 03:30:57 PM »
I mentioned this elsewhere, but this is an eligibility issue. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 03:33:31 PM »
Someone fetch a fainting couch! Marijuana?!?!

THE HUMANITY

He broke the law and was arrested.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 03:37:49 PM »
Thank goodness someone started another Buzz thread.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 03:40:08 PM »
Thank goodness someone started another Buzz thread.

Does anyone know where Cheeks stands on Buzz?  I hadn't heard yet.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 03:45:45 PM »
You mean...the kid had a small amount of something I can walk down the street in Bellevue and purchase freely?

I don't buy weed but I have always found the laws against marijuana to be ridiculous.

You know that many of the Founding Fathers not only grew it but rather enjoyed an afternoon toke? Thomas Jefferson extolled the virtues of weed  in more than one correspondence.

Marijuana became verboten beginning in the '20's when it was viewed as the mind altering substance of choice of blacks and Hispanics. Much of the hysteria around weed was actually a proxy for anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

So Ty Outlaw got busted for weed? Who cares. It's now legal in 33 states.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 03:47:58 PM »
You mean...the kid had a small amount of something I can walk down the street in Bellevue and purchase freely?

I don't buy weed but I have always found the laws against marijuana to be ridiculous.

You know that many of the Founding Fathers not only grew it but rather enjoyed an afternoon toke? Thomas Jefferson extolled the virtues of weed  in more than one correspondence.

Marijuana became verboten beginning in the '20's when it was viewed as the mind altering substance of choice of blacks and Hispanics. Much of the hysteria around weed was actually a proxy for anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

And he would be declared ineligible had he been randomly drug tested by the NCAA.  That's why Buzz did the third party test - so questions of his eligibility were addressed immediately. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 03:50:35 PM »
My understanding is that cops came to his apartment, smelled weed, and came back with a search warrant the next day. This all occurred while he was with the team in San Jose.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »
Awesome.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 03:55:14 PM »

And he would be declared ineligible had he been randomly drug tested by the NCAA.  That's why Buzz did the third party test - so questions of his eligibility were addressed immediately.

Lock 'em all up! Goddam hippies!

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 03:58:52 PM »

It's just a little crush....

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2019, 03:59:26 PM »

"TJ possessed it, so it shouldn't be illegal" usually isn't the best argument......

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2019, 03:59:42 PM »

You're one of those guys that only bums it off other folks, eh?  ;D

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2019, 04:06:34 PM »
You're one of those guys that only bums it off other folks, eh?  ;D

Bogart. Humphrey Bogart. People call me Humphrey. But you can call me Bogart.

Back in the day, these guys were the tits

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 04:08:43 PM »
My understanding is that cops came to his apartment, smelled weed, and came back with a search warrant the next day. This all occurred while he was with the team in San Jose.

Wait a minute...this is BS. Weed is legal in Cali

fjm

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 04:11:26 PM »
Who the fuggin cares? You all buy Va Tech jerseys recently? Cause it sure seems like it.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 04:11:49 PM »
Don’t fail me now.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2019, 04:15:34 PM »
I give them a good shot to beat Duke.  Duke is mostly freshmen, they aren’t scared of Duke, have beaten them a bunch of times in the last few years, albeit at home.

Game in DC, should have plenty of Tech fans there and those that hate Duke will be cheering for Hokies.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 04:17:25 PM »

Very good coach, very big a hole, revealing character, etc.  Would do well at schools where BBall is secondary and he can maneuver. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »
Buzz Williams doesn’t coach Marquette.  He left on his own accord
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »
Who cares. Should be legal

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 04:23:45 PM »
Who cares. Should be legal

Maybe, but it isn’t in many places. We don’t get to pick and choose which laws, unless you have a friend in Crook County that can get you off.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 04:34:08 PM »
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:10:48 PM by Waldo Jeffers »