[Today at 12:43:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MU82
[Today at 12:22:29 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo Benefits From The Scandal  (Read 8865 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Wojo Benefits From The Scandal
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:35:58 PM »
Wojo makes out well in the college basketball scandal. First because he is squeaky clean, his recruiting pitch , which is already good, becomes even better. Second, because he is squeaky clean, he becomes a very attractive candidate to replace some of the soon to be displaced big time coaches. For example, I think he is going to be a prime candidate for the Arizona job. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:49:32 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Wojo Benefits From The School
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 11:41:56 PM »
Wojo makes out well in the college basketball scandal. First because he is squeaky clean, his recruiting pitch , which is already good, becomes even better. Second, because he is squeaky clean, he becomes a very attractive candidate to replace some of the soon to be displaced big time coaches. For example, I think he is going to be a prime candidate for the Arizona job.

Wojo is happy in place Hermie

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 11:42:10 PM »
I'd be shocked if it's anyone but Damon Stoudamire at UA.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 11:43:34 PM »

He would be walking into a stained program that might be on probation for a long time, while his program here is about to take off next year and a few beyond. Yes, he could be a candidate, but don't think that is in the cards.  Have you been to Tucson, there is a reason why people pay money to athletes to go there.  Ha ha.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 11:49:00 PM »

Nope.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
Re: Wojo Benefits From The Scandal
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 12:00:14 AM »

Little early for pretty much all of this.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 12:11:08 AM »

Doesn't have the neck for the Arizona job.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 12:12:12 AM »

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:17:21 AM by jesmu84 »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 12:12:59 AM »
There is no Arizona job for a while.
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 12:31:37 AM »

We all know that is what you are hoping for. Just clearing room for Saint Stan and the second coming of Kostas!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 05:22:15 AM »

What you’re saying is Wojo has no shot at top 20 guys.  Therefore programs like AZ that don’t care about anything except wins will not call.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 05:33:41 AM »
There is no Arizona job for a while.

Don’t be so sure about that.  AZ has to self-sanction to reduce penalties, and given the Louisville/Bowen precedent, I would not be surprised if Ayton ALREADY played his last minute of college basketball the season (career).

When current NBA players are tweeting this, you’re in deep doo-doo

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22559284/sean-miller-arizona-christian-dawkins-discussed-payment-ensure-deandre-ayton-signing-according-fbi-investigation

Milwaukee Bucks guard Jason Terry, who played at Arizona under coach Lute Olson from 1995 to '99, tweeted that it's time to for the Wildcats to "clean house."

@APlayersProgram BearDown it's time to clean house and bring home our own bloodlines to carry on Lutes Legacy. We have too much pride, too much tradition to allow outsiders to tear down what we built.

— Jason Terry (@jasonterry31) February 24, 2018

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 06:08:14 AM »
Arizona will let him go for cause and self-sanction.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 06:17:37 AM »
Basketball as a whole loses because of this. Wojo may (emphasis) be clean, but this is a bruise on college basketball. We all knew or suspected it was there; now it's impossible to not address.

Just hope the NCAA actually does something tangible to address the real root cause

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 07:02:22 AM »
He would be walking into a stained program that might be on probation for a long time, while his program here is about to take off next year and a few beyond. Yes, he could be a candidate, but don't think that is in the cards.  Have you been to Tucson, there is a reason why people pay money to athletes to go there.  Ha ha.
U of A isn't a nice campus?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 07:08:56 AM »
Jason Terry would be a fantastic coach.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 07:11:59 AM »
Hermie may be on to something - Wojo’s specialty is rebuilds. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »
Befour any y'all get wood over Wojo, let's bee certain der's no trail ta him two, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 07:30:50 AM »
I don't think Arizona will want a coach with a single post season game on his record. I don't think a coach like wojo will want  a program like Arizona state.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 07:50:18 AM »
Arizona will let him go for cause and self-sanction.

Yes, and according to that ESPN article, Arizona still has to pay him 10 Million, if I read it correctly.  Other coaches will say "i had no idea this was happening" and it has already started and without some evidence, those coaches may have a chance.  Miller is caught on tape with direct conversations about payment with a federally charged subject, he is gone.  Have to prove that Ayton actually accepted the money and just not talk.  Sure they have subpoenaed bank records, etc. and if the media leaks on this investigation continue, we should hear too.  Who is leaking this stuff to the media is just unreal. 

As far as Wojo being a candidate for Arizona and soon "displaced", I don't see it. 

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 07:55:40 AM »
Crean to AZ

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 08:09:16 AM »

WhyTF would Wojo go to AZ when there are HC openings at Duke, UNC, KU, UK, and Moo U?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 09:04:26 AM »
WhyTF would Wojo go to AZ when there are HC openings at Duke, UNC, KU, UK, and Moo U?

I have an feeling he would never be offered or take a job at UNC
Maigh Eo for Sam

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 09:19:05 AM »
Mods change thread title.

Very misleading.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »
Basketball as a whole loses because of this. Wojo may (emphasis) be clean, but this is a bruise on college basketball. We all knew or suspected it was there; now it's impossible to not address.

Just hope the NCAA actually does something tangible to address the real root cause

Cynics will say only one-and-done and first rounders get paid (which is true) and Wojo only had one (Henry) so far and he did not get caught. Besides he took Wally so “something was up.”