[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nova in Final Four  (Read 8832 times)

AlumKCof93

• All American
Nova in Final Four
« on: March 26, 2016, 10:05:11 PM »
Way to go Nova! You guys deserve it
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Nova in Final Four
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 10:08:20 PM »
Just great!! My second favorite Big East team. So happy for them and Wright.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 10:15:09 PM »
Nova does it with tough, hard nose kids, got to love it, they are warriors!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 10:25:49 PM »
I was impressed by how they bounced back after losing their lead.  Just when it looked like KU was going to take control, Nova came back with a 10-0 run.  Good defense all night, and clutch FT shooting down the stretch.

I'd love to see them win it all.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 10:30:25 PM »
I was impressed by how they bounced back after losing their lead.  Just when it looked like KU was going to take control, Nova came back with a 10-0 run.  Good defense all night, and clutch FT shooting down the stretch.

I'd love to see them win it all.

My wife would too, because she'd win the (for entertainment purposes only) MUScoop bracket challenge.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 10:35:33 PM »
My wife would too, because she'd win the (for entertainment purposes only) MUScoop bracket challenge.

I have both Oklahoma and Nova in the FF...but the other side of my bracket is so awful that I'm long gone (X and Michigan State were my other FF teams).

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 10:36:10 PM »
Mark Miller is pumped about this!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 10:39:17 PM »
Guards game

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 10:57:59 PM »
My second favorite Big East team.

After DePaul?

Death on call

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 10:58:30 PM »
First Final Four team of the new Big East.  That is huge as the new Big East gets its footing on the national landscape.  The conference really needed a school to breakthrough in the tournament.  Good regular seasons and high seeds become meaningless in late March /early April.  It's who's left standing in the Final Four.

Really hope they finish the job next weekend in Houston.  Congrats to them, nothing but respect for Jay Wright and his program.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 11:54:56 PM »
Nova vs. Oklahoma has the potential to be an all time great game.  Buddy Hield vs. the Nova Guards.  Will be great basketball. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 12:04:37 AM »
If Nova wins it all or losing to Virginia I'm bringing home the bacon
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 12:53:13 AM »
If Oklahoma wins it all, I'd win the scoop bracket challenge (and some other pools as well). But I will cheering like hell for Villanova in Houston next weekend.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 12:55:02 AM »
I'm a big Nova fan for the next week

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 02:22:13 AM »
#freethrowsmatter
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

nyg

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 06:53:40 AM »
#freethrowsmatter

Yes, 18 for 19 will work any night.

I thought the kid Bridges was outstanding last night.  With Jenkins having an off night and in foul trouble, Bridges played with a purpose.  He had 6 points, 3 rebounds and 5 steals.  The steals were a result of his defensive effort because of his length.  Even though he is a slim 6ft 7, his arm length is just unreal for his height.  Wish MU had such an option coming off the bench.

Nova going to have its hands full with Oklahoma, who spanked them big time earlier in the year.  But a defensive effort on Hield (good luck with that) and Cousins from the outside, might just do it. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 08:22:42 AM »
Yes, 18 for 19 will work any night.

I thought the kid Bridges was outstanding last night.  With Jenkins having an off night and in foul trouble, Bridges played with a purpose.  He had 6 points, 3 rebounds and 5 steals.  The steals were a result of his defensive effort because of his length.  Even though he is a slim 6ft 7, his arm length is just unreal for his height.  Wish MU had such an option coming off the bench.

Nova going to have its hands full with Oklahoma, who spanked them big time earlier in the year.  But a defensive effort on Hield (good luck with that) and Cousins from the outside, might just do it.

Nova played Oklahoma in Hawaii on December 7 at the Pearl Harbor classic.  Nova was 4 for 32 in threes!  Doubt they will have a game plan even close to this next week.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »
If Nova wins it all or losing to Virginia I'm bringing home the bacon

Patrick Cudahy goes for 'bout $5.99/lb. Better ta just make bacon, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 10:08:14 AM »
Keep stackin' those fat tourney credits, Wildcats.
Make it rain!

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 10:51:48 AM »
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...south-regional

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — This is a triumph for Villanova basketball, obviously. The Wildcats bore the majority of the load in this circumstance, the majority of the pressure and the expectation and the criticism. This Final Four belongs to them. Just not exclusively.

It belongs in some small way to Philadelphia, a city that has remained devoted to its basketball community, the Big Five, for longer than many similar towns would have bothered.

It belongs to those who understand the appeal of football but don’t believe it is the only collegiate athletic endeavor worthy of interest and attention.

And it belongs to all of Villanova’s brothers and sisters in the Big East. The new Big East.*The commissioner of that conference, Val Ackerman, was courtside Saturday night at KFC Yum! Center, a couple rows behind the Wildcats’ bench and one behind Danny Gavitt, whose father founded the league that now is populated exclusively by private schools — that do not field BCS football team — from Providence to Omaha.*The Big East 

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 11:18:38 AM »
Really needed this. Anything else Nova does now is gravy.  We can put to rest the argument that the Big East is one notch lower that the power 5 football conferences. 

As was mentioned, the new Big East got to the final four before the PAC-12.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 11:32:35 AM »
Nova played Oklahoma in Hawaii on December 7 at the Pearl Harbor classic.  Nova was 4 for 32 in threes!  Doubt they will have a game plan even close to this next week.
And, OK went 14-26 in treys in that game.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 11:33:27 AM »

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — This is a triumph for Villanova basketball, obviously. The Wildcats bore the majority of the load in this circumstance, the majority of the pressure and the expectation and the criticism. This Final Four belongs to them. Just not exclusively.

It belongs in some small way to Philadelphia, a city that has remained devoted to its basketball community, the Big Five, for longer than many similar towns would have bothered.

It belongs to those who understand the appeal of football but don’t believe it is the only collegiate athletic endeavor worthy of interest and attention.

And it belongs to all of Villanova’s brothers and sisters in the Big East. The new Big East.*The commissioner of that conference, Val Ackerman, was courtside Saturday night at KFC Yum! Center, a couple rows behind the Wildcats’ bench and one behind Danny Gavitt, whose father founded the league that now is populated exclusively by private schools — that do not field BCS football team — from Providence to Omaha.*The Big East
Villanova's Final Four doesn't belong to MU.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2016, 12:33:55 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hAMQE5QT10o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hAMQE5QT10o</a>

Death on call

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2016, 12:35:22 PM »
Villanova's Final Four doesn't belong to MU.

Actually, part of it doe$.