[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Which meme is better?

Hoopaloop
36 (40%)
Respect the Process
54 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: Changing Coaches Regional Round of 32 7 vs 2  (Read 2823 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Changing Coaches Regional Round of 32 7 vs 2
« on: June 01, 2015, 10:04:27 AM »
Recap of the previous round:
In an absolutely gem of a first round game, Hoopaloop made up a play out of nowhere to defeat the Warrior's Nickname on a last second shot.  Makes one wonder if the Nickname meme will continue to decline after losing in the opening round last year as a 3 seed.  In the other match-up, showing absolutely no respect for Available a Week Later; Respect the Process, this tournaments darling, crushed the competition.  Here's the question, will Hoopaloop be respect by their opponent, and will Respect the Process be surprised by whatever fictio....plays are drawn up by Chico....Hoopaloop.

Hoopaloop

This is one of the more controversial memes in Scoop history and is relatively difficult to explain.  Hoopaloop was a poster that popped up during some of Chico's occasional absences from Scoop for bad behavior.  This poster came to stir the pot as much as Chicos did leading to speculation that Hoop WAS Chicos.  Oh hilarity ensued.  Eventually it was "revealed" that the poster known as Hoop and Chicos "knew" each other and Hoop let Chicos borrow his log-in to post, because he just can't quit you Scoop.  Hoop disappeared shortly after Chico's re-instatement, but not before they mutually supported each others arguments for a while.  This event also spawned the beer summit meme.  This is why the internets are the best.

Respect the Process

The origins seem to harken back to the hiring process of Buzz Williams, and was initially more of a catch phrase.  The phrase didn't reach full blown meme until March 2014 during the Shaka Smart affair.  At that time MU was searching for a new head coach, with a lot of attention paid to Shaka Smart, including rumored secret meetings.  Used essentially to tell people to calm down if they didn't know all the details
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Changing Coaches Regional Round of 32 7 vs 2
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 10:34:22 AM »
Man, this is a great matchup.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 10:49:47 AM »

Agreed. While Hoopaloop will likely lose traction with time (just like Mbakwe) it's fresh enough for most members to remember, and when it all came out in the wash was brilliant to watch. And Respect the Process seems to get referenced 2-3 times per day around here still.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 11:06:24 AM »

I disagree. Hoopaloop is a Blue Blood. This match up is North Carolina vs Baylor.

Death on call

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:26:26 AM »
I disagree. Hoopaloop is a Blue Blood. This match up is North Carolina vs Baylor.

Respect the process

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 12:15:50 AM »
Agreed. While Hoopaloop will likely lose traction with time (just like Mbakwe) it's fresh enough for most members to remember, and when it all came out in the wash was brilliant to watch. And Respect the Process seems to get referenced 2-3 times per day around here still.

Respect had a resurgence this past year with all the changes.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 12:24:52 AM »
I smell fix...

Death on call

MUMBA

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 07:37:26 AM »
"respect the process" has now transitioned to my workplace, where it is building considerable meme-momentum.  Budget cuts?  Respect the process.  Personnel hijinx? Respect the process.  New entre in the cafeteria?  Respect the process. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 11:13:29 AM »
I smell fix...

Sure that isn't zoomie BO they think of as cologne?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 12:03:49 PM »

Hoopaloop is no doubt a blue blood, but I think you're underestimating RTP.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 09:04:40 PM »
Hoopaloop is no doubt a blue blood, but I think you're underestimating RTP.

I think this long time blue blood meme was tarnished by the investigation by the NCAA into a phantom professor who taught the Hoopaloop Studies curriculum. Apparently, this was Internet coursework that was delivered via DTV University. 

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 10:07:04 PM »
I think this long time blue blood meme was tarnished by the investigation by the NCAA into a phantom professor who taught the Hoopaloop Studies curriculum. Apparently, this was Internet coursework that was delivered via DTV University. 

I probably shouldn't reveal this info, but there is actually a mural of Hoopaloop on the wall of the phantom students association and resource center, of which said professor is director.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 07:32:09 AM »
Hoopaloop hasn't been the same since their legendary coach had to retire following the Beer Summit fiasco.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 08:48:32 AM »

Hoopaloop is a blue blood, that can't be denied. But their over emphasis on traditionals and guard play has left them slow afoot and weak on the front line. And like North Carolina, their off court shenanigans are in the process of being exposed - must respect that process. Short, slow and squirmy is no way to win the Meme Tournament. They're goin' down.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:21:41 AM by Lennys Tap »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 10:27:33 AM »
Hoopaloop is a blue blood, that can't be denied. But their over emphasis on traditionals and guard play has left them slow afoot and weak on the front line. And like North Carolina, their off court shenanigans are in the process of being exposed - must respect that process. Short, slow and squirmy is no way to win the Meme Tournament. They're goin' down.

Not to mention Hoopaloop's cheating is responsible for the whole Ners conference getting put on probation.

feedback