[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Meet Joe Fulce - some tidbits and pics  (Read 2846 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Meet Joe Fulce - some tidbits and pics
« on: October 20, 2007, 01:24:15 AM »
No one knows much about this kid so here are some tidbits and pics of him:

For awhile, Joseph Fulce had to be wondering if he'd ever get to the Division I level. From Plano High School to Massanutten Military Academy in Virginia and now at Tyler Junior College, the slashing 6-foot-7, 180-pound swingman made college commitments twice along the way only to see things fall through. But the third time appears to be the charm for Fulce, as he's made what he feels is his final pledge and after one year at Tyler he'll be heading to the Big East Conference.

Won a 5A state championship at Plano High School in Texas before taking a post graduate year at Massanutten. Originally signed with Texas A&M in the Fall of 2005. Did not qualify academically and headed to Massanutten. Signed with New Orleans in the spring of 2007; obtained a release after a coaching change.

"Joseph is just the greatest kid in the world. His teammates absolutely love him. He could score a lot more points, but he is the ideal team player, and is totally unselfish His strengths are his versatility in that he literally can play every position. If he gets stronger, I think Joe could develop into a Scotty Pippen-type player." — Plano coach Tom Inman

From the Illinois messageboards: Say what you will about BW's recruiting, but he's certainly right on every new opportunity. Joseph Fulce is a talented 6'7" swingman who just decommitted, and he says that BW has already made him an offer. It's a little confusing from the premium story, but I think he's an '06 guy who reclassified for '07 and went to a military academy in Virginia.

SS Marquette

PuertoRicanNightmare

Re: Meet Joe Fulce - some tidbits and pics
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
He seems like a great kid and a talented ball player, but is anybody else concerned about the fact that we seem to be letting more and more kids into Marquette that can only generously be referred to as "marginal" from an academic standpoint?

Where is our AD??

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 07:57:25 AM »
Who is "more and more"?  They bounced Saunders for just that reason.  They suspended Trend until he got his act together.  I would assume Fulce will get the same assistance and scrutiny.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
He seems like a great kid and a talented ball player, but is anybody else concerned about the fact that we seem to be letting more and more kids into Marquette that can only generously be referred to as "marginal" from an academic standpoint?

Where is our AD??

One of my best friends in the world is an AD at a DI school (it's a school with football) and he has this philosophy on marginal kids.  He has no problem taking them in and giving them a chance as long as they are HIGH CHARACTER people.  If there is not past history with behavior, the law, drugs, etc then he's willing to give the kid a chance in his program.

I believe that is the correct way to go about it.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 11:16:13 AM »
I agree that is a good policy...and Marquette's success with Wade is a perfect example. I'd just rather it be the exception rather than the rule.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 02:13:09 PM »
I agree that is a good policy...and Marquette's success with Wade is a perfect example. I'd just rather it be the exception rather than the rule.

Conjecture, but, I'm guessing it's Wade, Hayward, Mbakwe, Saunders, Fulce(?). Who am I missing?

That's opposed to Hazel, Christopherson, Acker, Cubillan, James, McNeal, Burke, Matthews, Fitzgerald, Barro, Kinsella, Lott, Marcus Jackson, Diener, Novak, Chapman, Grimm, Townsend, Merritt, Blankson, Sanders, Bradley, Howard, Menard, Christian, Bell. I'm sure to be missing some.

I'm pretty sure you'll respond by limiting your pool to the last two seasons in which you mean "more and more" but with that it's still only 2 that were questioned compared to 4 admitted without question in that time frame.

It seems like "more and more" since we haven't experienced it much before during Crean's tenure but it's nothing compared to what is normal these days for other programs.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 02:26:25 PM »
blackledge and james matthews were academic risks as well...

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 05:40:03 PM »
blackledge and james matthews were academic risks as well...

I knew I was forgetting someone from this year's squad. Trend does apply. So, that's 3 to the marginal and 4 to the qualified in the past two seasons.

As for J. Matthews I always thought it was character with him moreso then academics. He got into to MU just fine. He just didn't make it past practice.

feedback