[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 05:58:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1125532 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #9975 on: March 16, 2021, 10:19:33 AM »
My man, I don't know where to start with you.  Lockdowns worked.  Look no further than Southeast Asia.  Look no further than Spain or Italy.  It was only when the lockdown measures are removed that the virus crept up again.

The articles you linked... the first is from October (5 months ago) and is written by Andrew Mark Miller.  Check out his background a second, and then try to take the guy seriously.  He writes some of the most biased articles for the most biased rag in DC.  Furthermore, he quoted a guy from the WHO... and we ALL KNOW how you feel about the WHO based on your posting history... but now they matter?  Examine why you feel this way now.  Furthermore, that gentleman says his comment was taken out of context.  He goes on to explain that lockdowns shouldn't have been the PRIMARY measure for tackling the virus.  He never said that they don't work.

The second article is from September (6 months ago)  and is an opinion piece authored by a big bank guy who idolizes John Galt.  He also was among the deadest wrong about the financial collapse in 2008.

And you see neither of these articles as problematic?  Seriously?

The funny thing is that he started with “finally some cooler heads are starting to prevail” as though this is current information.

Maybe five or six month old articles work in dentistry, but they obviously don’t in a fast-moving pandemic.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9976 on: March 16, 2021, 10:40:24 AM »
there is tons of data and stories from many different authors from many different publications.  the differences between lockdown and non lockdown are not that stark.  meaning, is/was it worth it? 

this one from december 2020

https://www.aier.org/article/lockdowns-do-not-control-the-coronavirus-the-evidence/

newsweek january 14, 2021

"Astudy evaluating COVID-19 responses around the world found that mandatory lockdown orders early in the pandemic may not provide significantly more benefits to slowing the spread of the disease than other voluntary measures, such as social distancing or travel reduction."

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-lockdowns-have-no-clear-benefit-vs-other-voluntary-measures-international-study-shows-1561656
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9977 on: March 16, 2021, 10:49:24 AM »
I’m in line at the DMV right now. 2 unmasked mouthbreathers in front of me, a smoker behind me.

Or as rocket would say: nirvana!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9978 on: March 16, 2021, 11:40:03 AM »
My man, I don't know where to start with you.  Lockdowns worked.  Look no further than Southeast Asia.  Look no further than Spain or Italy.  It was only when the lockdown measures are removed that the virus crept up again.

Italy is on wave 3 now and Europe is a sh!tshow.  SE Asia, yes.  Europe, not so much.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9979 on: March 16, 2021, 12:32:12 PM »
Italy is on wave 3 now and Europe is a sh!tshow.  SE Asia, yes.  Europe, not so much.

Yeah, that is exactly my point.  Spain and Italy locked down, which stopped the spread.  Then they opened back up early, and this is the result.

SEA went hard, and stayed until it was over.  They're doing just fine.  Imagine defending what the USA and Europe are doing.

From the very start of this, I said lock her all down hard for a month and we are in the clear.  A proven method demonstrated by SEA and Aus/NZ.  But we're too big of babies.  We want to cry about 'muh freedums'.  So we get what we got, a sh!t show.  A year of everyone's lives wasted instead of a month. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9980 on: March 16, 2021, 12:38:11 PM »
there is tons of data and stories from many different authors from many different publications.  the differences between lockdown and non lockdown are not that stark.  meaning, is/was it worth it? 

this one from december 2020

https://www.aier.org/article/lockdowns-do-not-control-the-coronavirus-the-evidence/

newsweek january 14, 2021

"Astudy evaluating COVID-19 responses around the world found that mandatory lockdown orders early in the pandemic may not provide significantly more benefits to slowing the spread of the disease than other voluntary measures, such as social distancing or travel reduction."

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-lockdowns-have-no-clear-benefit-vs-other-voluntary-measures-international-study-shows-1561656

It's the internet.  You can find a bunch of shills who will say anything, and someone who will publish it.  Who is writing the article, where it is published, and why they are pushing their information is very important to the validity of the article.  Just because someone put something on the internet doesn't mean it is valuable.

First article bases its data from a guy named Ivor Cummins.  Check his twitter for his credentials, and a ton of insanity.

As for the second article, you included the first paragraph, but the last two paragraphs are very important to the article.

"The study was conducted by researchers affiliated with Stanford University, and was co-authored by Jay Bhattacharya, a professor of medicine and economics who has been a vocal opponent of coronavirus lockdowns since March.

Bhattacharya was also among a group of scientists who wrote The Great Barrington Declaration, a controversial statement that encouraged governments to lift lockdown restrictions to achieve herd immunity among young and healthy people, while focusing protections on the elderly."

Res ipsa loquitur

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9981 on: March 16, 2021, 12:42:30 PM »
I think part of Europe's problem these days is poor vaccine distribution and vaccine reluctance around the negative reports over AZ.  If I am reading the data correctly, the US has vaccinated three times as many per capita, and the UK four times.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 12:44:24 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9982 on: March 16, 2021, 12:59:15 PM »
I think part of Europe's problem these days is poor vaccine distribution and vaccine reluctance around the negative reports over AZ.  If I am reading the data correctly, the US has vaccinated three times as many per capita, and the UK four times.

You are reading the data correctly, and vaccination rates are definitely an issue in the EU.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9983 on: March 16, 2021, 03:18:34 PM »
It's the internet.  You can find a bunch of shills who will say anything, and someone who will publish it.  Who is writing the article, where it is published, and why they are pushing their information is very important to the validity of the article.  Just because someone put something on the internet doesn't mean it is valuable.

Kinda like when guru excitedly posted the link of Witch Doctor Demon Seed talking gibberish at the WH as "proof" that hydroxy was the greatest thing since penicillin. Ah, memories.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9984 on: March 16, 2021, 04:04:52 PM »

First article bases its data from a guy named Ivor Cummins.  Check his twitter for his credentials, and a ton of insanity.

As for the second article, you included the first paragraph, but the last two paragraphs are very important to the article.

"The study was conducted by researchers affiliated with Stanford University, and was co-authored by Jay Bhattacharya, a professor of medicine and economics who has been a vocal opponent of coronavirus lockdowns since March.

Bhattacharya was also among a group of scientists who wrote The Great Barrington Declaration, a controversial statement that encouraged governments to lift lockdown restrictions to achieve herd immunity among young and healthy people, while focusing protections on the elderly."

Res ipsa loquitur
Facts will not sway those that are reality-proofed.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9986 on: March 16, 2021, 05:33:13 PM »
https://www.france24.com/en/france/20210316-france-investigating-new-coronavirus-variant-detected-in-brittany

Brittany variant.

Unfortunately, not very surprising. The virus is running roughshod over the EU right now. Plenty of opportunities to replicate and mutate.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9987 on: March 17, 2021, 03:56:28 AM »
i think we need to scrutinize some of these so called "guru's" and/or "experts" a little more.  just because they've been around for so long doesn't necessarily equate to being right.  as a matter to the contraire,  my fear is they develop agendas or fall behind the research.  one interesting matchup had the late dr kary mullis discuss his concerns about dr anthony fauci BEFORE the pandemic.  dr kary mullis received a nobel prize in chemistry for the development of the pcr test

https://roundtablereport.com/?p=6582

reinko

• All American
« Reply #9988 on: March 17, 2021, 05:31:30 AM »
i think we need to scrutinize some of these so called "guru's" and/or "experts" a little more.  just because they've been around for so long doesn't necessarily equate to being right.  as a matter to the contraire,  my fear is they develop agendas or fall behind the research.  one interesting matchup had the late dr kary mullis discuss his concerns about dr anthony fauci BEFORE the pandemic.  dr kary mullis received a nobel prize in chemistry for the development of the pcr test

Anytime your news source has not been updated in 3 months (literally the site has not been updated in months, and all the articles written by the same guy), plus use the person referenced believes there is no connection between HIV and AIDs ya might be on a bit of thin ice.

• All American
« Reply #9989 on: March 17, 2021, 07:50:51 AM »

Yes.  The experts are the ones with agendas.  ::)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9990 on: March 17, 2021, 08:07:13 AM »

"It was Fauci, Your Honor, he's the one that did it!"

Fauci has becomes the right's Emmanual Goldstein, someone they can focus all the anger and blame on to distract from the disaster the was Drumpf's months and months failure of a response to COVID. What simpletons.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #9991 on: March 17, 2021, 08:12:06 AM »
I’m just glad the anti-govt folks are back to criticizing the govt instead of setting policy in the middle of the pandemic. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9992 on: March 17, 2021, 12:06:25 PM »
I’m just glad the anti-govt folks are back to criticizing the govt instead of setting policy in the middle of the pandemic.

+1. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9993 on: March 17, 2021, 12:37:34 PM »
"It was Fauci, Your Honor, he's the one that did it!"

Fauci has becomes the right's Emmanual Goldstein, someone they can focus all the anger and blame on to distract from the disaster the was Drumpf's months and months failure of a response to COVID. What simpletons.

I think you're guilty of selective memory, TS.

Clearly, you don't remember that it was Fauci who told the Mad King to encourage his terrorists to "LIBERATE" a bunch of states that hadn't met the Mad King's own guidelines, it was Fauci who told him to mock those who wear masks, it was Fauci who told him to hold numerous deadly super-spreader events (RIP Herman Cain).

Damn that Fauci!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9994 on: March 17, 2021, 07:32:48 PM »
Anytime your news source has not been updated in 3 months (literally the site has not been updated in months, and all the articles written by the same guy), plus use the person referenced believes there is no connection between HIV and AIDs ya might be on a bit of thin ice.

tell me what "your news source" you are referring to?  i have multiple, but that's ok, most of the "other" news sources are keeping the unwashed right where they want them.  hopefully many of us will be able to look back on this as a learning experience.  those who have not learned, well, God help them and us

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9995 on: March 17, 2021, 07:34:46 PM »
  tell me what "your news source" you are referring to?  i have multiple, but that's ok, most of the "other" news sources are keeping the unwashed right where they want them.  hopefully many of us will be able to look back on this as a learning experience.  those who have not learned, well, God help them and us

omg

(hint: he spelled it out in his post, and replied to a post of yours that had a link)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9996 on: March 17, 2021, 07:36:55 PM »
Cases have risen by more than 10% over the last week in 14 states. Not a good trend, especially from the perspective of the development of new variants. Mask up and get vaccinated when you can.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-03-17-21/h_21d7c6af222cd1621a4262c3bd0278ac

Covid-19 cases are rising by more than 10% in 14 states this week compared to last week, with half of those states rising by more than 20%.

While nationally the number of new cases has continued to decline – though at a much slower rate over the past three weeks compared to late January and February – the trend is not down for all states.

One month ago, on Feb. 17, there were only 3 states showing increases of 10% or more (North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska).

Michigan cases are increasing the fastest, at more than 50% this week compared to last, with Delaware (39%), Montana (34%), Alabama (31%) and West Virginia (29%) in the Top 5.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #9997 on: March 18, 2021, 04:36:35 AM »
Is it just me or trusting 2 of the top people during the aids epidemic to run the show was a bad idea?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9998 on: March 18, 2021, 07:55:28 AM »
Other than discouraging mask use (let the record show that it was Fauci who announced initially that masks were of no value), having Fauci and Birx as the face of covid was the greatest error Trump made in handling the pandemic, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #9999 on: March 18, 2021, 07:57:29 AM »
Other than discouraging mask use (let the record show that it was Fauci who announced initially that masks were of no value), having Fauci and Birx as the face of covid was the greatest error Trump made in handling the pandemic, hey?

Yes we know at the very beginning he discouraged it.  Once the evidence suggested it would be valuable, he changed his tune.  Like in April of last year if memory recalls.

It's not Fauci's fault that MAGA morons weren't smart enough to heed his advice.

feedback