[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Any Clash of Clan players here?  (Read 49458 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Any Clash of Clan players here?
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2014, 01:17:22 PM »
Hard to tell if we're l33t, or the rest of the CoC universe is awful.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2014, 02:09:37 PM »
Just giving this a bump to remind the rest of scoop of our CoC dominance.

Chi,  you in Marqtte clan?   What's your SN?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »

He's definitely not in our clan... we've been getting smoked by Asian clans lately.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »

Yea, my SN is luke

reinko

• All American
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
Yea, my SN is luke

Agree,  gotcha,  what up!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »
Giving this s bump. The MARQTTE clan is looking for a couple new players. Preferably with a town hall level 6 or up. Let us know here so we can open the clan for you.

PS: we win. A lot.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2014, 10:24:13 AM »
Installing now, how long does it take to grind up TH levels?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2014, 10:30:46 AM »
Giving this s bump. The MARQTTE clan is looking for a couple new players. Preferably with a town hall level 6 or up. Let us know here so we can open the clan for you.

PS: we win. A lot.

You allowing daughters of MU alums?  :)   She's got 1750+ score, level 89 I think.  She wants to join.  Let me know.

Edited
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:46:42 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2014, 11:41:34 AM »
Skate. Getting up to th 6 isn't awful. But it also depends if you're willing to spend money to make it go faster. CBB we've let people in who aren't MU people so I'm sure it'll be fine.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »
We're also looking for Wisconsin, DePaul, Dayton, ND and VTech only clans to trounce.
SS Marquette

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »
We're also looking for Wisconsin, DePaul, Dayton, ND and VTech only clans to trounce.

Incidentally, the other Marquette clan just got trounced by the 'Oregon Ducks' clan.

Clan wars get exponentially more difficult when you have a bunch of TH8s and TH9s on your roster.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2014, 06:19:22 PM »
u guys seem cool

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2014, 07:18:51 PM »
Benny you should clan jump :P

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2014, 09:46:11 AM »
u guys seem cool

It's only for folks that don't have the accurate Kentucky recruiting list, so you aren't eligible anyway.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »
Decided to start playing. I'll let you know when I know what I'm doing.

Any startup tips?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2014, 10:49:47 AM »
Start up tips .. my son just started playing, and admittedly, he's not dedicated to it so I've been kibbitzing on his base.

If you like it at all .. I'd suggest spending $10 and getting 1200 gems so you can get a 3rd builder.  

I would also advise .. when you are first buying a level 1 thing, like a cannon .. that you use gems for some quick upgrades.  True, you can wait 1 minute, 15 minutes, 30 minutes and get the upgrade "for free" .. but you need to set your watch to maximize that.  Instead, just spend a gem or 5 and get it done right away.   By doing this for the first bunch of stuff you have, you'll shave a week off your building time, just because you're getting things done rapidly.  

You'll be awarded a bunch of gems later anyhow, so spending about 100 of them to jump start your base isn't that big a deal.  120 gems = $1 .. The value of 1 gem is less than penny.  

For the first couple weeks, depending on how often you play .. it's kinda fun as there aren't a lot of things to worry about.  What I mean is, trophies, gold, elixir are easy to get.  There are so many bases out there that are crap, that it's easy to pillage them and fill your coffers quickly.  

Build a small base, with a fence around your TH, gold and elixir storages, mortar and cannons.   It's astonishing how my son's small base earns 100 trophies a day, as people at low levels are so bad at attacking -- and/or they don't care to win, they just want to steal stuff and know they can eventually get trophies.

One tip, realize that as your trophy count goes up, the bases you are given to attack get harder.  Don't worry about this until you get to 800+ or so.

I'd say your #1 priority is to maximize the number of troops you have.  Get a camp, two camps, and upgrade them.  Race to TH5 to get a 3rd camp.  

2nd priority is to get a lab and have it constantly researching troop upgrades, starting at archer, barb, giant.

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2014, 10:54:23 AM »
I'm at TH7 and I still don't really know what I'm doing...

starting5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2014, 12:27:11 PM »
Become a Farmer to help save resources.  Put your town hall outside your walls.  People will just come in and destroy your town hall and leave.  This decreases your trophy count but you save lots of gold and elixcir.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »
Decided to start playing. I'll let you know when I know what I'm doing.

Any startup tips?

Topper's suggestion of getting another builder is spot on... in fact, four builders is even better.  However, five builders is - IMO - unnecessary.  You should always have at least one builder upgrading collectors or storages until all of your resource buildings are level 8 or higher.

Rebuild your castle as soon as you can, and get into a clan that can help you with troops - particularly hogs (especially level 5).  Having just three or four level-5 hogs in your castle (for attacking) makes farming tremendously easier.  Before I even got a dark barracks, I was wiping out villages that were 30 levels higher than me at one point with four hogs, a few giants and a heal potion or two.

Expanding on something else Topper said, if during an attack you find yourself having already looted the village dry, end your attack instead of wiping them out... fewer stars means you won't gain as many trophies as fast which in turn means you won't face stronger competition as quickly.  Of course, you could always drop your trophy count by sending one troop and surrendering a bunch of times, or just wait for the stronger clans to attack you and drive your trophy count down.

Don't store significant amounts of gold/elixir for very long at the lower levels.  Spend as much gold/elixir as you can before you're done playing for the day.

And by all means, keep your TH on the outside of the walls.  Make it an easy target.

Pg 1 also has some more tips once you get going.  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=43944.msg621546#msg621546

🏀

• All American
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2014, 01:00:25 PM »
I'm assuming the Exilir and Gold generation is slow for the first couple days until the TH is upgraded a bit?

I've only got two builders and I don't have enough of either to keep them busy really.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2014, 01:05:28 PM »
Resource collection is negligible during the first couple weeks in comparison to what you can gain by looting other villages.

By the time the available loot seems to level off, your collectors will be at a level where they are much more meaningful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2014, 01:51:35 PM »
I'm assuming the Exilir and Gold generation is slow for the first couple days until the TH is upgraded a bit?

I've only got two builders and I don't have enough of either to keep them busy really.

Start attacking people.  Don't worry if you lose, at this point in the game, it just doesn't matter if you lose.

Don't settle for attacking a camp with 1000 in loot.  Click 10-20-30 times until you find a base with 10, 20, 30k+ of gold or elixir, whichever you need.   The bases with loot at the lower levels are so plentiful you can even skip to ones that just look easy, where the collectors are full and there's no walls or defenses to stop you.

At this point, it's not about winning the attack .. it's just about stealing loot with the least amount of dudes so you can steal some more in 5 minutes when replacement troops are ready.  Suddenly you don't have a problem with getting loot, it's that your storages aren't big enough to handle your stolen loot. -- especially if you only have 2 builders.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2014, 03:15:55 PM »

And by all means, keep your TH on the outside of the walls.  Make it an easy target.

I'm really curious how many folks do this here?  I've read this is great for farmers, get a cheap shield, but the competitive streak in me doesn't like to do it.  I'd rather make the bastards work for it and not get a free star out of it. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2014, 04:16:10 PM »
I'm really curious how many folks do this here?  I've read this is great for farmers, get a cheap shield, but the competitive streak in me doesn't like to do it.  I'd rather make the bastards work for it and not get a free star out of it. 

I just started doing it.

Option 1: Design a defensive base that makes people work for it.  I've tinkered with a bunch of different base styles and concluded: You WILL get raided, often by people who are way more powerful than you and they will steal a bunch of your stuff.   Clearly, if some dude is TH10 and maxed out giants, valcs, hogs .. you do not stand a chance.

Option 2: Leave TH exposed and they get 5-10 of your trophies, but most of the time leave your loot untouched.  You can get those trophies back by attacking someone else that's left their TH exposed. 

Now that I'm at TH8, every upgrade is super expensive .. just had to get to 2.25m elixir to upgrade my archers .. I farmed for hours and then took a break.  Sure enough, I got 350k stolen from me.  Ouch.  Had someone just grabbed my TH, I would have been fine.  Now I'm leaving it out in the open if I have a lot of loot.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2014, 04:58:48 PM »
Started attacking, getting better, need better loots. I'll be clan worthy soon.

Are there any other platforms to play on?

feedback