'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: FS1 lacking distribution with 3 major carriers (and others)  (Read 21061 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: FS1 lacking distribution with 3 major carriers (and others)
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 03:52:02 PM »
I've been happy with my UVerse bundle, but I've also heard a lot of complaints.

Looking to move in the near future and disappointed I'll have to try something different since they won't service the new area

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
If you talk to enough people you will find that people hate each and everyone of the options for TV.  I've had DTV, comcast, TWC and Fios.  I've found Fios to be the most reliable, best picture and similar cost.  Had recently re-evaluated switching back to DTV (which I've had horrendous experiences with), cost wise Fios is better for us at least, and it will have FS1.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »
Ray Donovan on Showtime...very good. 

Yep ... and we can't watch that, either!

As for Dexter not being quite as good, that's probably true. But I still love the Dexter/Deb dynamic. Plus, there's only a few episodes to go and I want to see them, dammit!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2013, 09:06:59 PM »
They sent something out about CBS, and thought we were losing it at the same time as NBC. Still there, apparently...but regardless, TWC is still a let-down. Their start over feature only seems to work for NBC (off the air now) and both Dexter and Ray Donovan are off the menu. And Starz without on demand is a weak replacement.

I might have to look into DirecTV, though I'm not even sure I am eligible to get it. Our condo complex has a contract with TWC that prevents us from using other cable providers, which shuts out AT&T, though I'm not sure if it applies to satellite.

I believe you are a big soccer fan....not sure if you like the EPL, but we will be carrying at least 368 of the 380 games and quite possibly all 380.  No one else will carry as many.  Looking forward to it, those games start August 17th as well.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2013, 09:09:54 PM »
Yep ... and we can't watch that, either!

As for Dexter not being quite as good, that's probably true. But I still love the Dexter/Deb dynamic. Plus, there's only a few episodes to go and I want to see them, dammit!

Yeah, I realized they pulled down Showtime, but I think your CBS locals are good.  I suspect they'll have a deal fairly soon.  I would be stunned if TWC isn't willing to do the Showtime part, but CBS is just leveraging that and holding the whole thing hostage.  When we did our deal it was Smithsonian (owned by CBS), CBS Sports Network, Showtime and CBS O & O all wrapped into one.  I'm sure with TWC they are doing the same thing.  Not fun.  We have a major one coming up in a few months and a GIGANTIC one coming up middle of next year.   Not looking forward to either one.