[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Was: Israel is at War; Now: Scoopers diagnose your anti-Semitism  (Read 119281 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Israel is at War
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2023, 07:27:52 PM »
I also think the idea of peaceful negotiation is hilarious

This is analogous to Giannis surrendering when I drive to the hoop. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2023, 07:41:21 PM »
Many countries, including Brazil, China, Russia, South Africa, and NATO member Turkey, consider Palestine a State/Country. Which means, to those nations (including Iran who supplies them weapons), Hamas is the Palestinian military force.

I apologize for my ignorance if I’ve been mistaken, but is this true? It was not my understanding that recognizing Palestine also automatically meant recognizing Hamas as the equivalent of a state military entity.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2023, 08:52:11 PM »
Where are the Palestinians supposed to go and how are they supposed to get out?

They had an agreement for a country and Yasser Arafat said it wasn't good enough and walked away. 
They would have been a country.  You take what you can get and go forward.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2023, 09:18:15 PM »
They had an agreement for a country and Yasser Arafat said it wasn't good enough and walked away. 
They would have been a country.  You take what you can get and go forward.

Right.

But what about now? Like, right now, when Israel told them to leave before they bomb everything

MU82

• All American
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2023, 09:41:37 PM »
My brother is an Orthodox Jew; he and his wife live outside of Tel Aviv. He messaged me and our brother a few hours ago to say they are OK and hunkered down, and they feel they are safe.

So that’s where my thoughts mainly have been today.

As for macro issues … I am disappointed this has become a “Israel or Ukraine” thing for so many American politicians.

Putin supports Iran. Putin recently justified his invasion of Ukraine by making antisemitic comments. Putin hates Jews, as well as democracy. Putin would love to wipe America off the face of the earth.

It’s amazing that some are saying Ukraine - and democracy - isn’t worth defending.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2023, 09:50:31 PM »
My brother is an Orthodox Jew; he and his wife live outside of Tel Aviv. He messaged me and our brother a few hours ago to say they are OK and hunkered down, and they feel they are safe.

So that’s where my thoughts mainly have been today.

As for macro issues … I am disappointed this has become a “Israel or Ukraine” thing for so many American politicians.

Putin supports Iran. Putin recently justified his invasion of Ukraine by making antisemitic comments. Putin hates Jews, as well as democracy. Putin would love to wipe America off the face of the earth.

It’s amazing that some are saying Ukraine - and democracy - isn’t worth defending.

I'm glad your family is okay.  Keep strong and your head up. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2023, 09:52:39 PM »

Glad to hear they are ok, Mike.  My SIL/BIL’s close friends were in Tel Aviv for the holiday and a bar mitzvah.  They were holed up in hotel stairwells and their flight back to the US was cancelled. Then they went radio silent for hours. Their 2 daughters are my nieces respective best friends, so that compounded to the worry.  Luckily they were able to get a flight to Dubai early hours of the morning and made it out, thankfully.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2023, 10:37:51 PM »
Glad to hear they are ok, Mike.  My SIL/BIL’s close friends were in Tel Aviv for the holiday and a bar mitzvah.  They were holed up in hotel stairwells and their flight back to the US was cancelled. Then they went radio silent for hours. Their 2 daughters are my nieces respective best friends, so that compounded to the worry.  Luckily they were able to get a flight to Dubai early hours of the morning and made it out, thankfully.

Wow, good to hear they got out safely, Wags.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2023, 11:16:28 PM »
I apologize for my ignorance if I’ve been mistaken, but is this true? It was not my understanding that recognizing Palestine also automatically meant recognizing Hamas as the equivalent of a state military entity.

I don't think there is an official answer for this. But none of the countries that recognize Palestine as a country consider Hamas a terrorist organization.

Pakuni

• All American

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2023, 07:26:18 AM »
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-correspondent-fact-checks-claims-about-6-billion-released-by-us-to-iran/

It's a very strange thing on the American right, that everything that happens negatively somewhere around the world, always has its roots in a bad decision made by the Biden administration.

Like everything in the world revolved around American politics.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2023, 08:01:47 AM »
I never thought I'd meet someone dumber then AOC. Then you come and post here.

you met AOC?  umkay keep going shawny
don't...don't don't don't don't

Pakuni

• All American

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2023, 08:20:58 AM »
The money hasn't been released.
I know, reading is hard.

To be fair, that article is written for at least a 10th grade reading level

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2023, 08:26:18 AM »
I know, reading is hard.

So with the their said intentions to use the money once released “however they want”, I think it’d be in our best interest to freeze that money back up.

Yesterdays attack is believed to have been months in the making so they negotiated this agreement with us knowing full well that just a few weeks later they would be launching the region into chaos. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2023, 08:40:09 AM »
Bcrape.  You believe Blinken and whatever you want.
Not that you'll ever admit that you were wrong, but even Fox "news" says you are wrong.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

HutchwasClutch

• All American

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2023, 08:54:19 AM »
So with the their said intentions to use the money once released “however they want”, I think it’d be in our best interest to freeze that money back up.

Yesterdays attack is believed to have been months in the making so they negotiated this agreement with us knowing full well that just a few weeks later they would be launching the region into chaos.

Stick to being wrong about Covid
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2023, 08:56:05 AM »

That guy can say whatever they want. Doesn't make it true or possible.
The fact is, the money is being moved from one restricted account in South Korea to another restricted account in Qatar. Spending from that account will be limited to humanitarian purposes, and the U.S. maintains oversight of that.
Contrary to the false narrative you and others are pushing, nobody is cutting Iran a $6 billion check and saying "live it up."

The reality is Iran has, and will continue to, fund terrorism. This does nothing to change that either way.
But sure, blame America.

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/iran-hostage-deal-clarifying-6-billion-transfer

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2023, 08:59:16 AM »
I know, reading is hard.

Great.  So you can feel self righteous at this moment, but ultimately we know Iran isn’t so stupid to release 5 American hostages in exchange for access to $6B for humanitarian purposes only as the narrative has been shoved at everyone. They’ll make sure that’s used for plenty of cold blooded and ruthless killing as their president told Lester Holt. 

But hey, take a victory lap that you’re right this day and never mind what’s in the future as a result of this incompetence by the people who make decisions for ol’ Joe.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2023, 09:02:23 AM »
Great.  So you can feel self righteous at this moment, but ultimately we know Iran isn’t so stupid to release 5 American hostages in exchange for access to $6B for humanitarian purposes only as the narrative has been shoved at everyone. They’ll make sure that’s used for plenty of cold blooded and ruthless killing as their president told Lester Holt. 

But hey, take a victory lap that you’re right this day and never mind what’s in the future as a result of this incompetence by the people who make decisions for ol’ Joe.

Who is at fault for what happened yesterday?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2023, 09:04:13 AM »
Who is at fault for what happened yesterday?

Again, according to the American right, its Joe Biden.  He's at fault for everything that goes wrong in the world today because the world revolves around the American political narrative.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2023, 09:04:28 AM »

"Narrative has been shoved at everyone" is a weird way of saying "truth," but sure. You're obviously completely ignorant about this subject.

And why is it you guys always take the word of guys like Putin and Iranian mullahs over our intelligence community or, in this case, the U.S. Treasury?
Blame America!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 09:06:00 AM by Pakuni »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2023, 09:05:07 AM »
That guy can say whatever they want. Doesn't make it true or possible.
The fact is, the money is being moved from one restricted account in South Korea to another restricted account in Qatar. Spending from that account will be limited to humanitarian purposes, and the U.S. maintains oversight of that.
Contrary to the false narrative you and others are pushing, nobody is cutting Iran a $6 billion check and saying "live it up."

The reality is Iran has, and will continue to, fund terrorism. This does nothing to change that either way.
But sure, blame America.

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/iran-hostage-deal-clarifying-6-billion-transfer

What f’ing alternative universe do you like that Iran is really content to surrender 5 of our people in exchange for funds that can only be used for humanitarian purposes?!  That goes against everything we know to be true about how evil Iran’s leaders have shown themselves. 

And no, this isn’t blaming America, this is blaming a stupid and incompetent presidential administration with a senile figurehead.