[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Finneran's wake the f up  (Read 16019 times)

Jables1604

• Team Captain
Re: Finneran's wake the f up
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2022, 12:22:16 AM »
Kolek blowing kisses towards the strident section after the final buzzer.

That dude is so unlikeable if he’s not on your team  ;D
Just got home from the game. Not sure if you could pick it up on TV but the Nova student section was all over TK from the opening tip. Literally, every single time he touched the ball they were on him.

Didn’t see him blowing kisses but I’m hoping I can find the clip somewhere.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2022, 12:31:08 AM »
It is pretty cool how he handles the point guard position, always nice passes during the game, but today I was more impressed with his D.  On Gillespie at times and was not intimidated by him. The whole team played Gillespie tough. Just think how good he could become, if he could shoot in games vs practice!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2022, 12:33:02 AM »
True.  Morsell had Justin Moore whenever they were in the game at the same time. Team defense is outstanding, Morsell is so tough on that end of the court, but the entire team deserves credit - they are connected.  Never saw defense like this under Wojo, really not since Buzz, Jimmy & Jae.  Can you imagine beating Nova on the road scoring 57, with Wojo on the sideline?
Yup, I stand corrected. After Moore's hot start, Morsell slide over and took him the rest of the game. Other than free throws after that ridiculous touch foul on Morsell, the only points Moore had were against OMax on a very long three and against Kam.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2022, 12:37:19 AM »
Saw Kolek go right up to JLew after that final triple and I wondered what the exchange was ; now I know - per postgame JSOnline article….
“Then after pulling down a rebound with 36 seconds left to cap a big defensive stand, Lewis told MU point guard Tyler Kolek that he wanted the ball”.  Lewis is a throwback…a bad bad man without much hoopla…MU RAH!!!!!
Was that Justin’s family in the crowd. Thought I saw Mr Joplin in the crowd along with Allison and Barb Kellaher. Someone said the game was over when Greg was singing the song I believe is called “I Am A Boss” coming out of the timeout with 3 minutes left.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2022, 12:53:15 AM »
Good lord, massive big win on the road and now we got to preach about the letdown after a big win. 

I nominate you as the cult master of the cult of low expectations. 

New process to respect now… the letdown after a big win will come eventually, and then we will see how the fellas respond.

You are right in a sense though-
Respecting the process with regards to not making the dance would be a huge letdown now.

Lets get it and go one step beyond, bring home a dub.

Don’t forget, Shaka needs an NCAA tourney monkey off his back too, almost as much as Marquette does.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2022, 05:28:35 AM »
Awesome win
Seem to be rolling well now.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2022, 05:51:56 AM »
loved jlew's comments in post game interview-essentially, yes this is nice but not a lot of time to sit around and celebrate this win because they've got more games to prepare for.  one at a time...what a put together young man
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2022, 06:23:48 AM »
TAMU

I have been watching MU basketball for 50+ years and this is rapidly becoming one of my all time favorite teams. I keep saying it, but we are going to be talking about this team years from now. More importantly than me loving this team/program, I am really, really loving the defense. It s not surprising they are getting big wins with the defensive performance.

FYI- this season has not exceeded my expectations, but I have a feeling they are going to.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2022, 06:26:22 AM »
  • Right off the bat, Nova made it clear the lane was closed to Kolek. His P&R drive and passing drives our offense, and he and we still found a way to get it done.
  • This is the difference between talking about defense and playing defense. It's awesome to watch a team with so many good individual defenders also playing team defense.
  • Still some bad decision making down the stretch. Tyler's three and Greg's pass to Kur stand out.
  • Justin was a star tonight. The stones to take and make that last shot, just wow. I don't think he's at BEPOY level yet, but he's in the conversation.
  • Shaka talking about his players overruling him feels so refreshing. Leadership is all about teaching the people you lead to grow into a place where you can trust their decision making. He seems like the perfect coach for this time, for this generation. Has to be the BECOY front runner, especially after starting 0-3.
  • In back to back years, Shaka won at Phog and at the Finn. Wow.
  • We're about halfway through YEAR ONE. Turn off your electronic devices, stow your tray tables, and fasten your mothereffing seatbelts because this rocket ship is taking off.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2022, 06:28:14 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2022, 06:32:16 AM »
Foul up 3? Moore was close at the end.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2022, 06:39:24 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dG2cVQSI78

Thanks for sharing the link.  Fanta is a hustler in the best sense. He has turned himself just a few years after graduating for one of the go to voices for BE content.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2022, 06:41:19 AM »
MU had OMP and Osa in on defense on Villanova's last possession.    Subtle.    Dixon wasn't on the floor, Osa and OMP are long and quick.     

Also, late in the game, Nova has the ball down low.    Kolek is face guarding Gillespie on the weak side at the foul line.     Defensive choices and adjustments.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2022, 06:48:56 AM »
Waaay understated…..KK’s mere presence under the basket.

Multiple times, Nova had the ball under the basket and refused to shoot when KK was simply in a nearby zip code. 

KK.’s presence stopped probably 10 shots. Same impact as a blocked shot, but it won’t show up in the box.

tower912

• All American

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2022, 06:55:05 AM »

Multiple times, Nova had the ball under the basket and refused to shoot when KK was simply in a nearby zip code. 

KK.’s presence stopped probably 10 shots. Same impact as a blocked shot, but it won’t show up in the box.

+1. Kur led the team in +/- last night with 15. Although an imperfect measure, that gives us an idea of his impact.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2022, 06:58:56 AM »
Kur has been the difference all season when he plays enough minutes. He is a game changer and makes the other defenders better. He is a major part of the team success, and we need him on the court as many minutes as possible.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2022, 07:25:44 AM »
Under Wojo, Marquette basketball became a Big East bottom feeder and completely lost its casual fan base.  I’m not sure if Shaka can undo all that in a single season, but it seems like he’s gonna give it a f*ckin’ whirl.

CrowdOf5

• Starter
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2022, 08:14:25 AM »
Just got home from the game. Not sure if you could pick it up on TV but the Nova student section was all over TK from the opening tip. Literally, every single time he touched the ball they were on him.

Didn’t see him blowing kisses but I’m hoping I can find the clip somewhere.

https://twitter.com/joshlepak/status/1484003802940387334?s=21

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2022, 08:20:17 AM »
  • Right off the bat, Nova made it clear the lane was closed to Kolek. His P&R drive and passing drives our offense, and he and we still found a way to get it done.
  • This is the difference between talking about defense and playing defense. It's awesome to watch a team with so many good individual defenders also playing team defense.
  • Still some bad decision making down the stretch. Tyler's three and Greg's pass to Kur stand out.
  • Justin was a star tonight. The stones to take and make that last shot, just wow. I don't think he's at BEPOY level yet, but he's in the conversation.
  • Shaka talking about his players overruling him feels so refreshing. Leadership is all about teaching the people you lead to grow into a place where you can trust their decision making. He seems like the perfect coach for this time, for this generation. Has to be the BECOY front runner, especially after starting 0-3.
  • In back to back years, Shaka won at Phog and at the Finn. Wow.
  • We're about halfway through YEAR ONE. Turn off your electronic devices, stow your tray tables, and fasten your mothereffing seatbelts because this rocket ship is taking off.

Watched Glory Road a few days ago. New coach and essentially a new team. Haskin listened to his players as well and was the perfect coach for his time. We all know how that turned out. I find the parallels fascinating.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2022, 08:22:23 AM »

I have said multiple times that it was his best game. Each of our Closing 5 had a significant effect on this game, an effect so large that we couldn't have won without it. Lewis, Elliott and Morsell stood out in pretty obvious ways, but Kuath had a huge impact.

Kur has been the difference all season when he plays enough minutes. He is a game changer and makes the other defenders better. He is a major part of the team success, and we need him on the court as many minutes as possible.

I'll disagree with you that he has been "the difference." I'll agree that he has had a major impact when he has played well.

There is a reason Shaka hasn't given Kuath big minutes in most games; Shaka has correctly felt Oso could be a difference in many of them, and Oso has delivered fairly often. Oso simply delivers in different ways than Kur does. I totally trust Shaka in his deployment of his bigs, and I think our coach has done an outstanding job apportioning playing time to them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2022, 08:35:15 AM »
Another thing.

For so much of this season I have mostly been hyped about the future. With Shaka steering the ship and the potential that I have seen from everyone one of our young guys are a reason for that.

But its awesome to win games like these right away because last nights game alone showcased we may have 4 very key guys to replace. Our clear cut 4 best guys last night may not be here next year.

2 are obviously gone forsure. Justin ain't hurting his stock. And no one knows what 6th year Greg has planned

Bringing in Kur and Daryl for 1 year is proving to be brilliant like most expected. They set the culture and leadership example while also being plenty good enough to help a team win right now.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2022, 08:39:06 AM »
+1. Kur led the team in +/- last night with 15. Although an imperfect measure, that gives us an idea of his impact.

He was also at his very best when the game was on the line in the final minutes.  Dixon became flummoxed to say the least.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2022, 08:41:45 AM »
Not that it matters much but I thought Catalon and Spanarkel did a real nice job with the broadcast. They weren't screaming, weren't spewing stupid catchphrases. They were there to help guide viewers through the game and add a little insight rather than try to be the show. Most times I barely noticed them; as is the case with refs, that's a good thing IMHO.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2022, 08:45:11 AM »
The rematch should be very interesting. Did we take them out of their game or did they just have a bad shooting night. The next game with them will answer that.

feedback