[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: This won't help recruiting  (Read 6530 times)

bma725

• All American
This won't help recruiting
« on: September 13, 2008, 12:33:08 PM »
SATURDAY, Sept. 13, 2008, 12:15 p.m.
By Annysa Johnson
Student held in stabbings at Water St. bar

A 20-year-old Marquette University student from Park City, Ill., is in police custody after being accused of stabbing two other college students in a downtown bar early today, Milwaukee police said.

The victims, also 20, were taken to a hospital, one with wounds to the arm and face near her eye, the other to the neck and throat. One of the victims is also a Marquette student; the school of the other was not immediately available.

"By the grace of God she missed her carotid artery," Police Capt. Michael D. Young said.

All three women and a witness were ticketed for underage drinking.

The bar, Sullivan's Tavern at 1225 N. Water St., will also be cited for serving minors, according to Young. He said police have begun an investigation into the tavern, which is up for a license renewal before the city on Sept. 22, but he did not know whether it had previous problems with underage drinking.

According to police, the women, all of whom appear to know each other, were at Sullivan's around 1 a.m. when one of the victims bumped into the suspect. An argument ensued and the suspect left but came back with a knife, Young said.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=9/13/2008&id=46120

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: This won't help recruiting
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 01:16:24 PM »
I was shocked by how rough Water st. had gotten in just the last few years since I've been out of Milw.  This doesn't help.  Or maybe it will start the crackdown.

LON

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 01:23:07 PM »
The same owners of the former Corner Bar own Sullivan's.  They are F'd in the A for sure since they had to sell that place for allowing underagers.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 01:41:29 PM »
I was shocked by how rough Water st. had gotten in just the last few years since I've been out of Milw.  This doesn't help.  Or maybe it will start the crackdown.

It's not just Water Street.  Unfortunately the downtown bar scene has gotten rougher as a whole.  Water is generally the worst, in part because it's the most crowded, but 3rd St and Milwaukee St have their moments as well.  It seems like everywhere you go downtown there's either a fight or somebody getting arrested.  North Ave and Brady St are better but still have their issues.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »
The same owners of the former Corner Bar own Sullivan's.  They are F'd in the A for sure since they had to sell that place for allowing underagers.

is that the same guys that used to own o'danny's and oak barrel?

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 08:40:10 AM »
It's not just Water Street.  Unfortunately the downtown bar scene has gotten rougher as a whole.  Water is generally the worst, in part because it's the most crowded, but 3rd St and Milwaukee St have their moments as well.  It seems like everywhere you go downtown there's either a fight or somebody getting arrested.  North Ave and Brady St are better but still have their issues.

Huh? Are you some kind of kitten that those areas are too rough for you? My lord, it is a city. Water St. is not rough. Things happen. It's really not bad. And to even think that North or Brady are bad is laughable.
But I like to throw handfuls...

bma725

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:18:52 PM »
Huh? Are you some kind of kitten that those areas are too rough for you? My lord, it is a city. Water St. is not rough. Things happen. It's really not bad. And to even think that North or Brady are bad is laughable.

I didn't say it was too rough for me, I said it was rougher than it used to be.  Water street now compared to 5 years ago is a totally different scene.  Why do you think MPD set's up a mobile command unit there every Friday and Saturday?  It's not the underage drinking, they could have busted a ton of people for that years ago.  It's because the last few years have seen a change in the type of crowd that hangs out on Water St.  Several bar owners asked for more MPD presence last year, because they couldn't handle the crowds and the fighting that was happening and it was hurting their business.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 10:14:22 PM »

Yes, times are tough all across America - restaurants are being Taken over in Northern Cal. However, this event seems a bit bizarre - 3 MU co-eds caught in some stabbing incident - seems a bit off.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 09:18:43 AM »
What from I have heard about this incident is that the 3 girls were acquiantinces (sp??) of each other, and the one who stabbed them was not angry because she was 'bumped' into, but rather because one of the stabbee's was grinding with the stabbers boyfriend.

It is alarming that all involved parties are MU students.

Second stabbing on Water in the last month. Previous stabbing was behind brothers during HD 105.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 11:14:33 AM »
I doubt it will have any effect on recruiting.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 01:27:52 PM »
The latest on this story  http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=9/16/2008&id=46229 :

MU student charged in stabbing

Jessica Cody
A 19-year-old Marquette University student police accused of stabbing two other college students in a N. Water St. tavern was charged today with two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety while armed.

Jessica Cody stabbed the two 20-year-old women about 1 a.m. Saturday at Sullivan's Tavern, 1227 N. Water St., according to a complaint.

Witnesses told police Cody pulled out a dark handled switchblade-like knife while arguing with one of the women and then slashed at her face, according to the complaint.

A bouncer confronted Cody outside the bar, according to the complaint. He told police Cody said: "Yeah, I (expletive) stabbed her. What the hell are you going to do about it?"

The victim suffered a five to six inch laceration on her upper right arm and two one-inch lacerations to her left eye.

A second woman was injured when she tried to separate Cody and the victim, according to the complaint.

The second woman suffered a slice wound that extended from the back of her left shoulder, across the left side of her neck and down the front of her chest.

All three women were ticketed on suspicion of underage drinking.

Cody's photo in JSonline:

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 01:33:30 PM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 01:42:11 PM »
I doubt it will have any effect on recruiting.

than it would be accurate to say "this won't help recruiting"

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 01:59:02 PM »
The latest on this story  http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=9/16/2008&id=46229 :
Cody's photo in JSonline:

This is the picture of the victim.  Wow.  She was a couple inches away from losing her eye.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:52:55 PM by Wareagle »

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 06:52:24 PM »
http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails.do;jsessionid=15ED1FB5E1DFE7DF8CA5B94EA6129E2C.render1?caseNo=2008CF004692&countyNo=40&cacheId=E0189482C2C47A8AEED0F07292553160&recordCount=12&offset=3&mode=details&submit=View+Case+Details

Here's the case detail on CCAP.  Since it's a class F felony, it's up to $25,000 fine and 12 1/2 years on each charge.

However, knowing how the Milwaukee County courts work, she'll probably get 5 years max and be out in 3 on good behavior. 
The General has taken on a new command.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 05:58:15 PM »
What?  No way.  You can kill someone via drunk driving, and all you get in Milwaukee County is 6 months work release and some probation!

feedback