[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Miller Park to Become Amusement park  (Read 6460 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Miller Park to Become Amusement park
« on: April 19, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »
Are they for real?  A ski hill?!?!?!

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=740467

I thought it was bad when Brewers fans did the wave during the game because they don't watch the game.  Now they need a ski hill and water park?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:24:13 AM by TallTitan34 »

🏀

• All American
Re: Miller Park to Become Amusement park
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:31:17 AM »
It isn't already? They have restaurants, interactive games, and slides sounds like a wannabe Six Flags for a wannabe fanbase.

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »
wannabe fan base?

just like the 20-something drunk Cubs fans that don't pay attention to the game - unless a weak fly ball is hit to the outfield, which gets them to cheer like they won the World Series? 

Just making sure I know the difference between Brewers wannabe fans and Chubs wannabe fans...
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because warriors are what we really are."  - Wesley Matthews

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »
wannabe fan base?

just like the 20-something drunk Cubs fans that don't pay attention to the game - unless a weak fly ball is hit to the outfield, which gets them to cheer like they won the World Series? 

Just making sure I know the difference between Brewers wannabe fans and Chubs wannabe fans...

Have you been to Miller Park? Every fly ball is a home run to the few fans in the stands.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »
Have you been to Miller Park? Every fly ball is a home run to the few fans in the stands.

As much as I love my Brewers, the Cubs have more devoted fans.  However, Cubs fandom (and to a much stronger degree, Bears fandom) is merely child's play when compared to Packer football...

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 11:34:47 PM »
wannabe fan base?

So the "20-something" crowd in the bleachers is the entire Cubs fanbase?  Have you ever been to a Cubs game...not in Miller Park when there are 18,000 Cub fans...I'm talking in Wrigley.  Have you ever noticed how many times the crowd gets on their feet when an opposing player has two strikes?  The fans in Miller barely get up when there are two outs in the top of the ninth.

Can you imagine people in Milwaukee actually perceiving a Brewers game as a sought after sporting AND social event...especially that 20/30-something crowd?  I know, it's hard.  Although when there is absolutely NOTHING to do before or after the game other than throwing bean bags in the parking lot, tossing some brats on the smokey joe, or getting the appetizer sampler at Friday's I wouldn't really want to go either.  The comparison is laughable.

Note which team will lead the NL in road attendance this year.....and which team set another spring training attendance record...pretty fickle fans.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 12:03:30 AM »
Can you imagine people in Milwaukee actually perceiving a Brewers game as a sought after sporting AND social event...especially that 20/30-something crowd?  I know, it's hard.  Although when there is absolutely NOTHING to do before or after the game other than throwing bean bags in the parking lot, tossing some brats on the smokey joe, or getting the appetizer sampler at Friday's I wouldn't really want to go either.  The comparison is laughable.

Note which team will lead the NL in road attendance this year.....and which team set another spring training attendance record...pretty fickle fans.

If you started going to games with your dad when you were six years old and throwing a ball around in the parking lot and cooking up brats, you would understand.  It's a way of life in Wisconsin.  That's why the parking lot is so huge and full of all the antics.  That's why the parking lot is full of these "20/30 somethings" who seem to be enjoying the gameday experience and having a good time.  If they weren't having a good time they wouldn't be there.  Insulting Brewers fans for that is just like insulting French people for drinking wine, and just as shallow as the "drunk unemployed idiots" comments people make about Cubs fans.  I happen to enjoy the gameday atmosphere, it's been around all my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 12:31:31 AM »
I'm still not understanding the provocation from the Cubs fans... MANY people from Wisconsin will acknowledge that they're fickle about baseball.  I certainly am.  I have a 9 game ticket pack and make it to 25-30 Brewer games a year.  Tailgate before and after, and always stay until the end.  That still doesn't mean I live and die by what the Brewers do on a daily basis.  As I've already stated numerous times, this is NOT a baseball town.  Baseball towns understand when their team goes on a 3 game losing streak it doesn't mean you should call for the manager's head, and we're used to having every game in "our" sport mean (quite literally) ten times as much per game. For the most part, we ARE fickle baseball fans.  Fickle sports fans?  I think not... and the 5,000 people daily for a training camp practice, 72,000 for an intrasquad scrimmage, sell outs since 1961, and a season ticket waiting list longer than 50 years are there to back me up.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 02:45:41 AM »
I have no problem with tailgating.  The way I see it Brewer fans tailgate before the game and Cubs fans go to bars.  It's really no different.

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 09:16:39 AM »

Your statement leads me to believe YOU'VE never been to Miller Park.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because warriors are what we really are."  - Wesley Matthews

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 09:52:53 AM »
Your statement leads me to believe YOU'VE never been to Miller Park.

I can confidently say that I've been to Miller Park more than you. Watch the next FSN broadcast, Ryan Braun pops out to shallow left, the stadium will be yelling anyway.

Is Jason Kendall getting a bobblehead this year?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 10:13:37 AM »

That's a pretty idiotic comparison.  What's the population of Chicagoland vs. Milwaukee?

And, the Brewers may crack 3,000,000 in attendance this year.  Pretty impressive when taking into account the size of the city.

Furthermore, many Cub fans have told me that they come to Miller Park to watch games because they prefer the game day experience and the friendliness of the fans at the ballpark to what's at Wrigley.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 01:25:33 PM »
I can confidently say that I've been to Miller Park more than you. Watch the next FSN broadcast, Ryan Braun pops out to shallow left, the stadium will be yelling anyway.

Is Jason Kendall getting a bobblehead this year?

Is your life really that pathetic that you have to compare how many times you've been to a ballpark with someone on an internet message board?  Wow...

How many times is Ditka going to sing during the 7th inning stretch?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 01:48:33 PM »
" As I've already stated numerous times, this is NOT a baseball town.  Baseball towns understand when their team goes on a 3 game losing streak it doesn't mean you should call for the manager's head, and we're used to having every game in "our" sport mean (quite literally) ten times as much per game."

Milwaukee's a baseball town, but it's not sure how to handle success/pace itself over 162 games. The fact that the Brewers were able to draw 2 million when they were awful, and build a new ballpark for a perennially bad team shows the level of support for baseball here.

I'm a Brewers fan, have been my entire life, and I had no idea last year how to handle it. I got way to into it early and burned out in September. I think the same can be said for a lot of the fanbase.

Expectations rose so much last year that people couldn't deal with a bad series, or a guy going into a slump, or an idiot manager... haha. Yeah, there will be a lot of bandwagon new fans, but there will be that anywhere. Success brings that.

The whole Miller Park v. Wrigley thing is apples and oranges. The two parks are great in their own way... MP has the modern amenities and tailgating scene, Wrigley is more historic and has all the bars around it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 02:31:03 PM »
Is your life really that pathetic that you have to compare how many times you've been to a ballpark with someone on an internet message board?  Wow...

How many times is Ditka going to sing during the 7th inning stretch?

I'm not comparing, don't tell me I never go to Miller Park, when I've been there more than 98% of Brewer Fans.

Ditka has sang it twice. Care to wonder about anyone else?

Brewer Great Damian Miller has been my favorite bobblehead.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 08:19:45 AM »

Miller Park usually has a lot of kids at the games.  They get excited about everything.  How is that a bad thing?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 08:38:55 AM »
They don't let kids in at Wrigley, they are too afraid of pieces of concrete breaking off of a dilapidated building and injuring a little kid.

I agree, it is a completely different atmosphere... If you have been to both, and are open minded, you would realize that.

so lets just agree that we both have pretty good teams (though we paid a little less for our players ;) ) and hope we see each other in October.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 10:06:04 AM »
and hope we see each other in October.

The only place I want to see the Cubs in October is on vacation.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 12:11:29 PM »
Baseball town

Real baseball town... ST.LOUIS

someone had to say it. 

go redbirds
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

feedback