[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rose tears knee cartilage again  (Read 6216 times)

mr.MUskie

• All American
Rose tears knee cartilage again
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:48:28 PM »
Derrick Rose has suffered another major knee injury.

Rose reported to practice Tuesday with pain in his right knee and a subsequent MRI exam revealed a tear in his right medial meniscus. Rose will require surgery, and there is no timetable for his return.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Rose tears knee cartilage again
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:04:20 PM »
Didn't rest enough this year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 10:16:37 PM »
My dad is gonna have a field day with this one.

brandx

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 10:23:39 PM »

Why?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:27:37 PM »
I said over a year ago that he has a muscular degenerative disease.  Lay off him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 10:40:40 PM »
Does someone do his rehabilitation for him...a proxy?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 10:45:02 PM »
Why?

He can't stand him. Thinks he's extremely selfish.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 10:45:47 PM »
Wow. A lot of surgeries on these knees. I wouldnt be surprised if he undergoes OATS if the knee is bad enough. He'd be out 18+ months if so and would at least have to consider hanging em' up.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 10:49:14 PM »
I feel bad for Rose.

I don't know him, I'm not a Bulls fan (though my son is) and I admit to poking fun at his fragility in the past. But all I can think is that this just sucks for him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
I would like to know if this happened over the all star break. He was playing his best basketball, then reported back to the team late and looked like a different guy.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 09:41:28 AM »
The Bulls certainly better pony up for JFB now.  He really could become the face of that franchise, if he isn't already.  They can not afford to lose him.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 09:45:49 AM »

Few things are as selfish as major knee injuries  ::)

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 09:54:37 AM »
Does someone do his rehabilitation for him...a proxy?

Wow.  That was extremely unfunny.  Well done.

Does he know about the charity work all over the South Side he does with no fanfare or press?  Or the MANY funerals of kids slain on the South Side that he's attended?  Not to mention of all the times to say he's selfish or weak, immediately after an injury is the worst.

Not personally attacking your Dad, just the embodiment of the Rose criticism that has gleefully begun to flow again.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 09:55:52 AM »
Rough day for Chicago sports yesterday.

Hopefully Kane's injury isn't major.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 10:24:20 AM »

Hopefully Kane's injury isn't major.

Looks pretty ominous to me. I'm guessing broken collar bone. They're saying 6-10 weeks this morning. Not good.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 10:28:05 AM »
Rose has not always said the most intelligent things during interviews but the criticism of him has been way over the top at times.  By all accounts, he seems like a good guy and a good teammate and has worked hard to come back.  While he clearly wasn't the same player he seemed to be improving and had played in 30 of the last 31 games or so.  It's just unbelievable.    

I feel for him as a human being and as a big Bulls fan this really blows.  Also, the Bulls will absolutely not let Butler go.

Hoping for the best for Kane as well as I thought the Hawks had a better shot at the finals and a championship than the Bulls.  What a sh*tty night for Chicago sports.  

brandx

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 10:53:05 AM »

I'm not a fan either - but why get mad at a guy who gets hurt?

He was never right after the 1st surgery, and deep down, he knew it. Do you really think he didn't want to get back on the floor? Ballers gotta ball. It was his life.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 10:58:53 AM »
I'm not really a fan, but beating on a guy who just tore up his knee is wrong. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 12:02:38 PM »
I'm not really a fan, but beating on a guy who just tore up his knee is wrong. 

Agree.  Tough break for the guy.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 12:10:22 PM »
Bulls are in a tough spot now.  They need to sign a PG immediately. Not to mention: Rose could very well hang them up for good, Noah is in the final year of his contract and hasn't been the same since his knee surgery, Pau is 35, Hinrich/Dunleavy are on the downswing of their careers. This and maybe next year was the Bull's championship window. Gonna have to blow it all up again soon.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 12:22:59 PM »
Fear the deer y'all.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 12:26:37 PM »
Fear the deer y'all.

Fear the deer y'all.
There fixed it for ya.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »
Fear the deer y'all.
There fixed it for ya.

Not this year, but fear the deer y'all.

I'd say the Bucks are more likely to win an NBA title in the next 10 years than the Bulls are in the next 10 years.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 12:58:10 PM »
Derrick Rose is the Bill Walton of the new millenium.
Have some patience, FFS.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »
What is the point in making a post about what your Dad thinks on a message board?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 01:17:53 PM »
What is the point in making a post about what your Dad thinks on a message board?

My dad isn't going to like that comment.

brandx

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 01:18:11 PM »

Annoying?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 01:25:43 PM »

I would have gone with "the next Penny Hardaway."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 01:30:46 PM »
It was a rough evening for Chicago sports.  And seeing that these are the only two Chicago sports teams that I actively cheer for.......

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 01:50:20 PM »

Cause its a message board...He's still mostly just mad about taking a year and a half after the ACL tear. Mostly because one of his players came back in 6 months.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 02:29:31 PM »
Cause its a message board...He's still mostly just mad about taking a year and a half after the ACL tear. Mostly because one of his players came back in 6 months.

That's pretty ridiculous. Not all ACL tears are created equal. Not everyone heels at the same rate. Rose may have been ready to play 1-2 HS games a week after 6 months, but that's vastly different than being ready to play 82 NBA games over 180 days.

The Bulls botched his recovery time table from the beginning and, intentionally or not, made him out to be the bad guy because they were upset that Derrick was heeding the advice of his brother and BJ Armstrong, both of whom were upset with the Bulls' front office.

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 04:04:13 PM »

Your father sounds like a reasonable sports fan....

also, is your father coaching Adrian Peterson?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:08:51 PM by JuniorCardigan »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 04:05:59 PM »

If your dad is that dense, he shouldn't be coaching.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 04:32:51 PM »

If your dad is that dense, he shouldn't be coaching.

4 regionals in 5 years, 3 straight sectional championships and a final 8 appearance begs to differ but you know youre right. Also, my freshman year in high school, one of the seniors tore his ACL in an open gym for volleyball but came back to play by the end of the season. ACL recovery is not a year and a half process. He was absolutely selfish, between him and BJ Armstrong, sitting out that entire season was absolutely ridiculous. Nobody blames him for the injury, but Im going to school for PT and there is nothing that shows an ACL injury should take that long.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 04:33:37 PM »
4 regionals in 5 years, 3 straight sectional championships and a final 8 appearance begs to differ but you know youre right. Also, my freshman year in high school, one of the seniors tore his ACL in an open gym for volleyball but came back to play by the end of the season. ACL recovery is not a year and a half process. He was absolutely selfish, between him and BJ Armstrong, sitting out that entire season was absolutely ridiculous. Nobody blames him for the injury, but Im going to school for PT and there is nothing that shows an ACL injury should take that long.

If he doesn't understand that different people heal at different rates, he shouldn't be coaching.  Dangerous.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 04:35:17 PM »

If he doesn't understand that different people heal at different rates, he shouldn't be coaching.  Dangerous.

Yes but not a year and a half. Waiting that long actually hurts your rehab because your muscles atrophy. 6-12 months for ACL. Not 18.

brandx

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 04:41:50 PM »
Yes but not a year and a half. Waiting that long actually hurts your rehab because your muscles atrophy. 6-12 months for ACL. Not 18.

You might be in over your head on this one.

He waited that long to play again. But, he was rehabbing shortly after the surgery. It's not like he was laying around doing nothing for 17 months and then decided he better get his butt in gear.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 04:50:18 PM »
Fear the Deer Baby!

4th and State

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »
Rose was cleared by doctors in Feb/March for his ACL, but chose to sit out the rest of that season and playoffs....not trying to hate on him, but that's not exactly coming off as a team player in that situation.

Curious how the decision to opt for the "repair" as opposed to the "shave" came about.  Have to assume that's what the doctors recommended, but if it comes out that it was Rose's decision, as well, would not be a good look.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 07:28:02 AM »
Just sent my dad a copy of this entire thread.   I don't want to alarm you guys, but, he's pissed, so probably best if we just end it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 08:45:15 AM »
Rose was cleared by doctors in Feb/March for his ACL, but chose to sit out the rest of that season and playoffs....not trying to hate on him, but that's not exactly coming off as a team player in that situation.

This was the key.  Some of you might recall that a flu bug hit the Bulls during the playoffs.  There were guys literally blowing chunks into a bucket on the bench, getting some water, and going back in.  Jimmy was playing 48 minutes EVERY night.  Rose publicly said he wasn't playing because his 'muscle memory hadn't returned'.  That forever colored my opinion.

That's one of the things I love about this year's Marquette team.  Do you think for a moment Juan was even 50% last night?  And don't you think he knows his entire game is based on out hustling the other guy because from a basketball skills perspective he's just not that good?  But his lil' bro Sandy needs a rest so goddamn it he's going to gut it out for a few minutes a half even though we suck and aren't going anywhere or have much of a chance to win.  I cheer for kids like that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 09:38:51 AM »
Just sent my dad a copy of this entire thread.   I don't want to alarm you guys, but, he's pissed, so probably best if we just end it.

Post of the week!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 11:08:03 AM »

Go f**k yourself, I brought in an opinion from an outside person like so many of you do yet I get criticized? Ridiculous.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 11:13:16 AM »

Nice.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2015, 11:17:22 AM »
That's one of the things I love about this year's Marquette team.  Do you think for a moment Juan was even 50% last night?  And don't you think he knows his entire game is based on out hustling the other guy because from a basketball skills perspective he's just not that good?  But his lil' bro Sandy needs a rest so goddamn it he's going to gut it out for a few minutes a half even though we suck and aren't going anywhere or have much of a chance to win.  I cheer for kids like that.

I like this and agree 100% about Juan.  I root for that kid always because you just know he is giving it his all, regardless of his talent level.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2015, 11:56:06 AM »
Surgery complete and Rose expected back in 4 to 6 weeks (although you never know with his past history - and I don't mean that in a critical manner).  Probably the best case scenario he and the team could have hoped for. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2015, 12:00:21 PM »
Surgery complete and Rose expected back in 4 to 6 weeks (although you never know with his past history - and I don't mean that in a critical manner).  Probably the best case scenario he and the team could have hoped for. 

See ya in 10 months, Derrick.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »
See ya in 10 months, Derrick.

You seem like a pretty level-headed poster most of the time yet you seem to have an intense dislike of Rose for some reason.  Seems strange. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2015, 01:19:25 PM »
You seem like a pretty level-headed poster most of the time yet you seem to have an intense dislike of Rose for some reason.  Seems strange. 

It's just a joke. I like to mess around with Chicago sports fans. 80% of the time I'm messing around (at least partially) when it comes to commenting on Chicago sports. Rose is somewhat soft for my liking but part of it is that he's a Chicago athlete who has a lot of talent.

Off topic slightly but I was just thinking about how in the recent past (say 5-7 years) Milwaukee's baseball team has been the better organization and had some exciting years while Chicago's (NL) baseball team HS been in the basement, and Chicago's basketball team has been a consistently top 5 organization in the East while the Bucks have been mostly, in my mind, in the worst place possible for an NBA team (stuck consistently fighting for a spot to be swept out of the first round of the Playoffs. Now Milwaukee's baseball team is heading downhill fast and Chicago's is full of young, exciting talent and could take over as the better team as early as this season, while the opposite is true of the basketball teams (although MKE may still be a year and a half away from passing Chicago up).

At any rate, the Bears still suck.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2015, 01:56:28 PM »
It's just a joke. I like to mess around with Chicago sports fans. 80% of the time I'm messing around (at least partially) when it comes to commenting on Chicago sports. Rose is somewhat soft for my liking but part of it is that he's a Chicago athlete who has a lot of talent.

Off topic slightly but I was just thinking about how in the recent past (say 5-7 years) Milwaukee's baseball team has been the better organization and had some exciting years while Chicago's (NL) baseball team HS been in the basement, and Chicago's basketball team has been a consistently top 5 organization in the East while the Bucks have been mostly, in my mind, in the worst place possible for an NBA team (stuck consistently fighting for a spot to be swept out of the first round of the Playoffs. Now Milwaukee's baseball team is heading downhill fast and Chicago's is full of young, exciting talent and could take over as the better team as early as this season, while the opposite is true of the basketball teams (although MKE may still be a year and a half away from passing Chicago up).

At any rate, the Bears still suck.

Got it, and as you probably figured out, I'm a Chicago sports fan (aside from the White Sox).

The Bears sure do still suck but I do like the staff they've built and I'm curious to see how the new GM (Pace) attacks the rebuild.  As a Bears fan that has had to live through both Favre and Rodgers for the last 20+ years it is a bit frustrating, to say the least.

As for the Bulls, it has been a frustrating 3+ years.  I really do believe if Rose had remained healthy we would have beaten the Heat one of those years.  That's neither here nor there now.  I would just like to feel like we have a fighting chance in the playoffs this year and unfortunately we need Rose for that to be a reality, even if he'll never be the player he was.  The Bucks have some intriguing talent in Parker and the Greek.  We'll see how it all plays out and if guys are willing to stay. 

I'm an absolute die hard Cubs fan so to say I am excited for what's coming is a massive understatement.  The Brewers gave it their best shot for a while but the window may have passed for now. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2015, 03:01:01 PM »
I suppose one factor to consider is that each sport has either a relatively level playing field or not.  NFL: absolutely level.  Packers one of the top 3-4 franchises over the past 25 years.  Baseball:  Nothing is more tilted between the haves and the have nots.  Milwaukee has been very successful over the past 8-10 despite significant limitations.  I'd argue that no team in sports under performs worse than the Cubs given their advantages.  Maybe that'll change.  But 100+ years of horrible history should temper one's expectation.  They are the Cubs after all.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2015, 03:13:34 PM »
  I'd argue that no team in sports under performs worse than the Cubs given their advantages. 

Come on.  No team?  I assume you mean teams with money in "desirable" cities.  If so, you could argue the Dodgers in baseball.  The Knicks come to mind. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »
I suppose one factor to consider is that each sport has either a relatively level playing field or not.  NFL: absolutely level.  Packers one of the top 3-4 franchises over the past 25 years.  Baseball:  Nothing is more tilted between the haves and the have nots.  Milwaukee has been very successful over the past 8-10 despite significant limitations.  I'd argue that no team in sports under performs worse than the Cubs given their advantages.  Maybe that'll change.  But 100+ years of horrible history should temper one's expectation.  They are the Cubs after all.

Not to turn this into a Cubs discussion but the last 100+ years will have nothing to do with where they go today moving forward.  You can argue if a complete tear down was really the way to go (I absolutely think it was) but I have full confidence this front office will ultimately win a World Series. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2015, 06:46:58 PM »
Not to turn this into a Cubs discussion but the last 100+ years will have nothing to do with where they go today moving forward.  You can argue if a complete tear down was really the way to go (I absolutely think it was) but I have full confidence this front office will ultimately win a World Series. 
This high horse the Brewer fans are on due their "success" is laughable. Since their World Series appearance in 1982...you know, more than 30 years ago (!)...they've made the playoffs twice. Congrats!!