[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: From 1-17 to Champions  (Read 6158 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
From 1-17 to Champions
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:28:47 AM »
Hate him, love him, frack him, whatever, that's quite a feat.

From 1-17 to Champions of the Big Ten in a few years.  Lots of crow being eaten around the Midwest

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130303/SPORTS0601/303030047/IU-Insider-From-1-17-Big-Ten-champs-s-been-quite-ride-

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Re: From 1-17 to Champions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 06:42:20 AM »
Hate him, love him, frack him, whatever, that's quite a feat.

From 1-17 to Champions of the Big Ten in a few years.  Lots of crow being eaten around the Midwest

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130303/SPORTS0601/303030047/IU-Insider-From-1-17-Big-Ten-champs-s-been-quite-ride-

I've never been one to publicly bash Crean on this site.  I've watched and read all the comments over the years about Crean and how he left MU.  My oldest is a sophomore at I-4, so I've got no reason to rip Indiana.

But Chicos, Damn!  You like to stir the pot! 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 08:05:52 AM »
Crean is my hero.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 08:46:12 AM »
Joanie is my hero.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »
I've never been one to publicly bash Crean on this site.  I've watched and read all the comments over the years about Crean and how he left MU.  My oldest is a sophomore at I-4, so I've got no reason to rip Indiana.

I don't mind when he sticks up for his guy, but does he really have to troll like this?  I mean trolling the anti-Crean type is like fishing with dynamite.  You catch a lot, but it really isn't all that sporting.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 08:50:14 AM »

I thought this was an IU board....I keep seeing posts about IU all the time, especially when they lose so I figured for sure it was an IU board. 

leever

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 09:02:17 AM »
I thought this was an IU board....I keep seeing posts about IU all the time, especially when they lose so I figured for sure it was an IU board. 

I almost hate to admit it, but you have some valuable input on any number of topics.

If the topic is IU, that's the exception.

I need a selective ignore button that would automatically screen out any of your comments on IU or your beloved idol Crean.

Please give it a rest.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 09:04:44 AM »
Amazing what a big man will do for a program.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 09:26:42 AM »
The Hoosiers might even get to as many wins as they had the year before TC took over (14-4).

Wow, simply amazing!

This warning does not look like it had much of an effect:

All I know is we've had a lot more inane IU chatter around here since you've been back, and if that doesn't stop you might have to go away again.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »
The Hoosiers might even get to as many wins as they had the year before TC took over (14-4).

Wow, simply amazing!

This warning does not look like it had much of an effect:

Without the cheating and in a tougher Big Ten now than then.

I just remember the last few years the wonderful posts here of how he would be fired by now, that they would never win, that there wasn't a 5 year plan (like I said there was because I had some close associates of Fred Glass), etc.  I do miss the wonderful posts from a few folks here that this is all they did, literally, post when IU lost.

Leever, notice I put it in the SuperBar, where it belongs.  Notice also how I did nothing different than anyone else when they start their IU threads, of course the difference is that here they win the Big Ten title and there are maybe 7 or 8 responses.  IU loses on the road to Illinois, there is a 40 response thread within hours.  The psychology of our fans is clinical at times.

I'm sure IU will lose in the NCAA tournament, I suspect 10 to 15 people have already written the post here on Scoop and ready to launch it.  Pretty funny stuff.

4Ever...they signed one of the best PG's in the country, that's what has made them go from pretty good last year, to very good this year.  Their guards sucked last year, the difference has been the guards.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 02:41:24 PM »
4Ever...they signed one of the best PG's in the country, that's what has made them go from pretty good last year, to very good this year.  Their guards sucked last year, the difference has been the guards.

I'd say the PG had less to do with their improvement this season compared to the explosion of Oladipo. Probably some advanced stats (PER, etc) out there to back that up, I just wouldn't know where to find them.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 03:05:23 PM »
I almost hate to admit it, but you have some valuable input on any number of topics.

If the topic is IU, that's the exception.

I need a selective ignore button that would automatically screen out any of your comments on IU or your beloved idol Crean.

Please give it a rest.

+1

Chicos, you bring A LOT to this board, in all sincerity I'd rather not see you banned again. But this gets old

Give the IU and Crean stuff a rest
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:07:18 PM by Victor McCormick »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »
+1

Chicos, you bring A LOT to this board.

+100000

Everybody give it a rest.

There is no new ground being covered. We all know what everybody thinks.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 03:39:53 PM »
+100000

4Everbody give it a rest.

There is no new ground being covered. We all know what everybody thinks.

Fixed.  Just look two threads down from this one to see the point (and it isn't just you two, as you know). 

Please.  Stop.  Everyone. 

I fear that the board will have to shut down if we play them in March.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 07:28:04 PM »
Fixed.  Just look two threads down from this one to see the point (and it isn't just you two, as you know).  

Please.  Stop.  Everyone.  

I fear that the board will have to shut down if we play them in March.

Agreed.

Now ND bashing, that's different

;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:22:32 AM by real chili 83 »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »
He's no Pat Skerry. Will a "Round of 32!" banner be raised for this season?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 09:30:39 AM »
+1

Chicos, you bring A LOT to this board, in all sincerity I'd rather not see you banned again. But this gets old

I suspect you will be bashing others on the IU stuff?   ::)

Look, part of this is an I told you so, and I'm freely admitting it.  A lot of folks bashed me pretty good for the 5 year plan comments and saying they would be back on top of the college mountain at this time period.  Of course these jags (not Rocky, he's been a standup guy about this)  are TOTALLY silent now, yet they still post here constantly.  Petty? Yes it is, but I don't really care.  I'll defend my alma maters, all three of them.  I also don't like to be told I'm wrong when I knew I was 100% right.   ;)

But yes, I'll give it a rest, but I expect others to give it a rest as well.  
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:03:27 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »
I'd say the PG had less to do with their improvement this season compared to the explosion of Oladipo. Probably some advanced stats (PER, etc) out there to back that up, I just wouldn't know where to find them.

Oladipo has been huge, no doubt.  Proves the point, he's a guard and guards drive college basketball.  They now have two solid guards and a third good guard shooter, plus a capable backup in Remy.  Last year they were a disaster at guard. Oladipo was not ready, Hulls playing PG was a joke.  That's been the major improvement of this team, the guard play.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 10:34:47 AM »
Amazing what a big man will do for a program.

If you've actually watched any of Indiana you'd know that although Zeller is talented this Hoosiers team is driven, and succeeds, due to its wing play and guard depth. It's why they win games even when Zeller is disappointing individually.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 11:15:29 AM »
If you've actually watched any of Indiana you'd know that although Zeller is talented this Hoosiers team is driven, and succeeds, due to its wing play and guard depth. It's why they win games even when Zeller is disappointing individually.

Zeller is talented? Kind of an understatement for the guy projected to go between 2 and 5 in this year's upcoming draft. That said IU can beat you a lot of ways. Zeller's inside game and the slashing ability of Oladipo and Farrell open up the perimeter for outstanding 3 point shooters (Hulls, Watford, Sheehey). Offensively, Indiana is the most complete team in college basketball. On defense, Oladipo is great and Zeller blocks shots. The rest of the team's D is only ordinary and their only weakness. #1 overall seed and the tourney favorite as of today.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 11:19:20 AM »
Gotta agree with Lenny.    IU's best game beats other team's best game, so they are the favorite right now.    IMO, Zeller is underutilized offensively.    They have lots of weapons that can attack out of that 3 man weave, but put Zeller in Buzz's offense and he averages 20.    Defensively, Oladipo and Zeller carry the rest.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »
Some of Zeller's underutilization falls on his own shoulders. He has to want the ball more in the post. Many times he makes one feeble attempt at a post up, then curls around for a weak side screen. Has to get stronger in his legs.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 11:11:12 PM »
Zeller is talented? Kind of an understatement for the guy projected to go between 2 and 5 in this year's upcoming draft. That said IU can beat you a lot of ways. Zeller's inside game and the slashing ability of Oladipo and Farrell open up the perimeter for outstanding 3 point shooters (Hulls, Watford, Sheehey). Offensively, Indiana is the most complete team in college basketball. On defense, Oladipo is great and Zeller blocks shots. The rest of the team's D is only ordinary and their only weakness. #1 overall seed and the tourney favorite as of today.

It would be an incredible disappointment if I4 were to not take the NCAA Crown. The most talented team in college basketball.

Death on call

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 09:22:30 AM »
If Crean doesn't multiple NCAA championships in a row, it'll prove he's a bad coach and a bad person.

I can't wait.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 09:38:50 AM »
If Crean doesn't multiple NCAA championships in a row, it'll prove he's a bad coach and a bad person.

I can't wait.

I assume in your rush to provide "clever" hyperbole you omitted the word win.

Have your boy TC help with your preparation and that won't happen. If you need to make an in post adjustment though, I suggest getting help elsewhere.