[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Soccer Streaming on the Internets  (Read 6278 times)

reinko

• All American
Soccer Streaming on the Internets
« on: November 18, 2009, 12:16:24 PM »
Anyone have some sites they would be willing to share?  Been looking for one for the Ireland/France game this afternoon.

Thanks

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
Re: Soccer Streaming on the Internets
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 12:22:21 PM »
wasn't the ireland france game last wednesday?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:33:18 PM »
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football

click on link that says mediaplayer and it will load on your computer's media player. Otherwise i would suggest checking out Ustream or iraqgoals.net.  Chances are the links won't be in english but the video streams should be pretty good quality.

Greece and Ukraine are playing on ESPN 2 now. Greece just took 1-0 lead.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:43:56 PM by muwarrior87 »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 12:43:05 PM »
wasn't the ireland france game last wednesday?

First leg was last Saturday, Les Bleus won 1-0, return leg in Paris this afternoon.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 03:29:40 PM »
France won 1-0 on Saturday, right now Ireland is 1-0 in the 68th, anyone know if at aggregate they are tied, what happens?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 03:33:50 PM »
Extra time, and if still level, penalties.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »
France scores in the first period of extra time. Henry handled the ball and played it to Gallas, who tapped it in.

Ireland got screwed big time. Can still go through with another goal though.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »
France scores in the first period of extra time. Henry handled the ball and played it to Gallas, who tapped it in.

What handball?!?  ::)  L E S   B L E U E S!!!!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 04:33:54 PM »
Sure hope you're kidding. It was clear. It's a shame, as a neutral, to see a decision like that make the difference. Should have gone to penalties.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 04:34:09 PM »

+1. Not only was it blatant, but intentional based on the motion of his arm.  Not to say they couldn't have still won on penalties but Ireland royally F'd in the A.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 04:37:15 PM »
+1. Not only was it blatant, but intentional based on the motion of his arm.  Not to say they couldn't have still won on penalties but Ireland royally F'd in the A.

Henry has a killer crossover.

http://twitpic.com/q14pa
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:52:19 PM by MUfan12 »

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 06:42:42 PM »
Henry has a killer crossover.

http://twitpic.com/q14pa

Just got a new facebook picture for a week or so...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »
As a big Les Bleus fan, obviously not the way I wanted it to go down.  But them are the breaks.  On to a first round knockout in the WC 2010. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 04:32:53 PM »
Full disclosure once again, France Fan.

Alright, all this crybabying about cheating, fraud, replaying games, corrupt FIFA officials needs to end.  For being so "tough" the Irish are acting like a bunch of children.  Firstly, handball is an infraction, not cheating.  And the fact people are ready to kill Henry for his "dishonorable act" is laughable.  Was it against the rules?  Yes.  Is it up to Henry to stop the play, and say, my bad, it touched my hand.  Of course not.  Could he do anything about it on the pitch to stop?  No.  The official didn't call it, tough nuggets.  Players play, officials officiate.  Pretty simple concept.

The call to replay the game, or minutes of it, or I actually read one opinion that France should be disqualified is equally ridiculous.  I did read in once instance where FIFA replayed a game or a portion of one because a PK that didn't happen, and another Arsenel game back in 1998.  But the point still refers back that it was a horribly missed judgement call.

If it makes the Irish feel better to call conspiracy, go right ahead.  Maybe they should have taken care of business at home, or scored on that breakway in the 2nd half of the 2nd game. 

Lastly, in any other sport do people complain about replaying portions after a bad call?  When umpires miss calls in baseball, players missing bases, the next day do politicians get on there high horse and declare that the game must be replayed?  Do the players get villianized? 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 05:01:23 PM »
I tend to agree. Had Henry dived and drawn a penalty (like that bastard Anelka tried to do) then the calls about cheating would be more justified.

And when will the cries for replays go away? Any time a bad penalty is given, everyone cries for a replay. Until they decide to add an official on the goal line, or use replay, this will be part of the game.

You're right, if Keane didn't have an awful first touch Ireland would have won. Still doesn't change the fact Ireland was screwed big time by allowing the goal. Should have had the chance to decide it in penalties.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 06:32:33 PM »
I don't know if re-playing the game would be the right thing to do, but it is not unprecedented.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3192421

It happened in basketball last year and it happened in soccer in 2005.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/germany2006/news/newsid=27212.html

Again, I realize Henry is not the first person ever to get away with cheating nor will he be the last. It just leaves a terrible taste in the mouth of soccer fans. And if I was an Irish fan, I would be beyond furious. The world cup is once every four years. They haven't made it since 1994, and one handball literally knocked them out. I think they have every right to say whatever they please against FIFA, France, Henry, or my mother for that matter. What a shame.   

reinko

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 07:10:14 AM »
I don't know if re-playing the game would be the right thing to do, but it is not unprecedented.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3192421

It happened in basketball last year and it happened in soccer in 2005.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/germany2006/news/newsid=27212.html

Again, I realize Henry is not the first person ever to get away with cheating nor will he be the last. It just leaves a terrible taste in the mouth of soccer fans. And if I was an Irish fan, I would be beyond furious. The world cup is once every four years. They haven't made it since 1994, and one handball literally knocked them out. I think they have every right to say whatever they please against FIFA, France, Henry, or my mother for that matter. What a shame.   

http://goal.com/en-us/news/67/world-cup/2009/11/20/1636477/roy-keane-ireland-dont-deserve-a-replay-against-france

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »
They should not replay the game.  Ireland got screwed, but too bad for them.  Soccer is very much a game where the players constantly try to deceive the refs, either by taking dives to draw pk's or in this instance using a handball, this btw doesn't even come close to Maradona's hand of God infraction, which happened in the WC, not a qualifier and that game wasn't replayed.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »
Full disclosure once again, France Fan.

Alright, all this crybabying about cheating, fraud, replaying games, corrupt FIFA officials needs to end.  For being so "tough" the Irish are acting like a bunch of children.  Firstly, handball is an infraction, not cheating.  And the fact people are ready to kill Henry for his "dishonorable act" is laughable.  Was it against the rules?  Yes.  Is it up to Henry to stop the play, and say, my bad, it touched my hand.  Of course not.  Could he do anything about it on the pitch to stop?  No.  The official didn't call it, tough nuggets.  Players play, officials officiate.  Pretty simple concept.

ball to hand is an infraction. Hand to ball, twice, is cheating.  That's not to say I want a replay for the Irish, they had their chances and blew it. Keane had a few opportunities towards the end of regulation that he could have slotted away...he hasn't been capable of making those plays consistently since 2007. As a Spurs fan, I know.  :-[

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 11:35:55 AM »
Henry says he wants a rematch.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 08:43:35 PM »
Henry says he wants a rematch.

Of course he does. He knows it won't happen.

MKEblue

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 04:28:12 PM »
Not exactly in tune with this thread but I'm assuming that the few people who have commented on this thread are the few soccer fans on this board? Well you can add another cause I live for soccer. Been a die-hard Chelsea fan for five years now. I've been over to England to see EPL games live and I just absolutely love it. I pretty much watch soccer every weekend and the two sites I check most are Muscoop and soccernet. I'd love to talk some soccer whenever as I'm sure you have all found out that real soccer fans in this country are hard to find.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »
The game is FOOTBALL not HANDBALL. The goal should have been disallowed

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 11:09:24 PM »
Not exactly in tune with this thread but I'm assuming that the few people who have commented on this thread are the few soccer fans on this board? Well you can add another cause I live for soccer. Been a die-hard Chelsea fan for five years now. I've been over to England to see EPL games live and I just absolutely love it. I pretty much watch soccer every weekend and the two sites I check most are Muscoop and soccernet. I'd love to talk some soccer whenever as I'm sure you have all found out that real soccer fans in this country are hard to find.

Ahh. So you love a team that has one of the richest men in the world owning them and throws money at players worse than the Yankees.  Good for you.  ;)

77champs

• Walk-On
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 11:22:38 PM »
Ahh. So you love a team that has one of the richest men in the world owning them and throws money at players worse than the Yankees.  Good for you.  ;)

Ha yes exactly. I mean if you buy pretty much every player there is, eventually one of them has to start pruducing for you ;) To be honest Roman has seen better days, its all about Man City throwing the money around now.

-GoMarq (just on differnt acount)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:24:40 PM by 77champs »