[Today at 08:33:37 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by Jay Bee
[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Duane Wilson Tweet  (Read 111101 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Duane Wilson Tweet
« Reply #400 on: April 22, 2016, 06:19:35 AM »
Sounds like a wojo whack to Wally. Good luck to him and Henry in their pursuits
Wonder how the wonder boy wojo lovers view all this. Is it time to start waxing poetic to bring back the lonesome cowboy?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #401 on: April 22, 2016, 07:31:38 AM »
There could also be some lingering resentment of Wojo and staff of the current players regarding the situation.

The original purpose of the thread focused on a non-ellenson likely commenting negatively on this very issue.

How much resentment do you think the team has if Wojo lets Wally hang around even though he won't play AND skip out on all the bball team activities that conflict with track/olympic activities meanwhile the team risks never getting to the tournament during Luke and JjJ playing career??

If Wally had been willing to commit to the team full time (give up track) I have no doubt he could have stayed on the team. He wasn't willing to do that (I wouldn't have been either) as a consequence MU made sure he could compete in his best sport and graduate with a Marquette degree debt free.

Once the initial shock and angst wears off I'm sure the team will be fine and I'm sure the Ellensons will be fine as well and we will find ourselves back in the good graces of Henry.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #402 on: April 22, 2016, 07:36:49 AM »
How much resentment do you think the team has if Wojo lets Wally hang around even though he won't play AND skip out on all the bball team activities that conflict with track/olympic activities meanwhile the team risks never getting to the tournament during Luke and JjJ playing career??

If Wally had been willing to commit to the team full time (give up track) I have no doubt he could have stayed on the team. He wasn't willing to do that (I wouldn't have been either) as a consequence MU made sure he could compete in his best sport and graduate with a Marquette degree debt free.

Once the initial shock and angst wears off I'm sure the team will be fine and I'm sure the Ellensons will be fine as well and we will find ourselves back in the good graces of Henry.

Spot on eng.  Sure it's a shock to the system.  Many of us were pretty pissed until we heard the whole story and the arrangements MU made for Wally.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2016, 08:43:49 AM »
This is really pathetic. If I slithered home and complained about being bullied at school I can just see my Phantom Driver father looking me square in the eye and telling me to grow the f#ck up.

Looks like the Ellensons are problematic people.

Keefe,

You can judge the Ellensons, that's your prerogative. But bullying is the number one cause of teen suicides in our country. Its a serious issues and it needs to be addressed with something more than "grow the f#ck up." Now I don't know that suing the school district is the best way to address it. Does seem a bit much to me but I don't know the details of the case.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #404 on: April 22, 2016, 08:59:33 AM »
I do love the maturation of MU news. Denial of the event, disparage whoever stated the event, come up with multiple other ways the event went down, justify the event when it becomes obvious it occured and finally tear apart the coach for said event once coach leaves for different job.

QFT

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #405 on: April 22, 2016, 09:10:22 AM »
With regards to da Wally heave ho by Wojo, y'all don't seem ta get it. This isn't some playin' in da sandbox, holdin' hands, and singin' kumbaya gig. Warrior hoops is big time business and da University has committed da shekels needed for da coach to be successful. This team has not been to da post season for 3 years and it stings bad. If Steve can't get it done, he'll soon be standin' in line on 12th and Vliet St. Let da man do his job. Who da fook are we kiddin' here? Wojo and the athletic director are in obvious lockstep to right this ship. Frankly, there's a lot more dead driftwood on da roster that should be purged if an upgrade in talent were available.
Athletes transfer constantly, yet da coach is expected ta stand on higher ground. Don't commitments work both ways? Besides, athletic scholarships are one year renewable. So, everythin' with regards to Wally is kosher. He got a more than fair shake and continues to do so. Da answer is real simple. Wanna be on a basketball scholarship and part of da team? Then, improve yo game, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #406 on: April 22, 2016, 11:06:44 AM »
Wonder how the wonder boy wojo lovers view all this. Is it time to start waxing poetic to bring back the lonesome cowboy?

Buzz might have cut Wally the moment Henry signed the LOI.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #407 on: April 22, 2016, 12:07:13 PM »
Keefe,

You can judge the Ellensons, that's your prerogative. But bullying is the number one cause of teen suicides in our country. Its a serious issues and it needs to be addressed with something more than "grow the f#ck up." Now I don't know that suing the school district is the best way to address it. Does seem a bit much to me but I don't know the details of the case.

+1.  I believe it's also the #1 cause of mass shootings in schools.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #408 on: April 22, 2016, 12:11:48 PM »
With regards to da Wally heave ho by Wojo, y'all don't seem ta get it. This isn't some playin' in da sandbox, holdin' hands, and singin' kumbaya gig. Warrior hoops is big time business and da University has committed da shekels needed for da coach to be successful. This team has not been to da post season for 3 years and it stings bad. If Steve can't get it done, he'll soon be standin' in line on 12th and Vliet St. Let da man do his job. Who da fook are we kiddin' here? Wojo and the athletic director are in obvious lockstep to right this ship. Frankly, there's a lot more dead driftwood on da roster that should be purged if an upgrade in talent were available.
Athletes transfer constantly, yet da coach is expected ta stand on higher ground. Don't commitments work both ways? Besides, athletic scholarships are one year renewable. So, everythin' with regards to Wally is kosher. He got a more than fair shake and continues to do so. Da answer is real simple. Wanna be on a basketball scholarship and part of da team? Then, improve yo game, ai na?
This.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #409 on: April 22, 2016, 12:13:35 PM »
+1.  I believe it's also the #1 cause of mass shootings in schools.

Just think.  All of those suicides and mass shootings could have been avoided if those kids' dads had simply told them to Man Up.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #410 on: April 22, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »
I can't stand bullies but it's hardly a new phenomenon. People killing themselves in droves BECAUSE of it or actually KILLING others as a manifestation of it seems to be. Over protective parents could be part of both problems.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #411 on: April 22, 2016, 01:28:31 PM »
I can't stand bullies but it's hardly a new phenomenon. People killing themselves in droves BECAUSE of it or actually KILLING others as a manifestation of it seems to be. Over protective parents could be part of both problems.

I've wondered that myself. I think parenting definitely plays a role in why kids react differently to bullying than they did before. I think the more guilty party is the rise of the internet, cell phones, and social media. It used to be that you could escape your bullies in your own home. Now, kids have no quarter as their bullies can reach them at all times in front of a much larger audience.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2016, 01:36:29 PM »
I've wondered that myself. I think parenting definitely plays a role in why kids react differently to bullying than they did before. I think the more guilty party is the rise of the internet, cell phones, and social media. It used to be that you could escape your bullies in your own home. Now, kids have no quarter as their bullies can reach them at all times in front of a much larger audience.

I agree with your analysis, TAMU.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #413 on: April 22, 2016, 01:38:45 PM »
Keefe,

I spent my first three years in a Japanese school and I can assure you that I know about bullying. Ijime is a very real issue in Japan - a society that demands strict conformity. As an American kid I stood out like a sore thumb.

When I whinged about it to my father he instructed me to figure out who was the lead sled dog and stand up to him. Once I did that everything was fine.

Effectively, my father told me to stop crying about it and to take action - in effect 'shut up and grow a pair.' His advice was spot on.

Kids need to sort things out for themselves. Suing the school district is weak.

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #414 on: April 22, 2016, 01:42:13 PM »
Keefe,

The one time one of my kids was being bullied at school by a physically larger student, I went to the principal.  When she didn't do anything I told her that I was going to go to the next school board meeting and publicly comment on her inability to handle the situation.

It was handled.  15+ years later my kid is a fine, well adjusted young adult.  Sticking up for your kid when they need an advocate isn't "helicopter parenting."

(This has nothing to do with the Ellensons.)

Charley Farley

• Walk-On
« Reply #415 on: April 22, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »
It is the offseason, and we seem to be recruiting a lot of bodies. That being said, Duane Wilson tweeted:

"It's a real shady business man."

"It is not yet time for the message to come true, but that time is coming soon;the message will come true."

Not sure if this is anything to read into or not.

What if the shady business here is not the dismissal of Wally, but actions from the Ellensons camp that may have been the straw that broke the camels back?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #416 on: April 22, 2016, 02:30:50 PM »
What if the shady business here is not the dismissal of Wally, but actions from the Ellensons camp that may have been the straw that broke the camels back?

Good grief. Do you really have that much trouble sleeping at night?  You know how this went down. Everybody does. Just admit it to yourself and move on.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #417 on: April 22, 2016, 02:55:13 PM »

Are you serious?    Should this be in teal?    The only thing more unlikely than you contemplating bringing back buzz would you contemplating voting for Hillary. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #418 on: April 22, 2016, 03:57:42 PM »

I don't just agree with you TAMU, I lived through it with my daughter. Best solution is to know your children, be vigilant and to pick your battles. It's a bad problem, I agree, particularly with girls. But good parenting and knowing your children makes a world of difference.

Being VERY tough with and taking no crap from a school helps too.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #419 on: April 22, 2016, 04:41:43 PM »
I don't just agree with you TAMU, I lived through it with my daughter. Best solution is to know your children, be vigilant and to pick your battles. It's a bad problem, I agree, particularly with girls. But good parenting and knowing your children makes a world of difference.

Being VERY tough with and taking no crap from a school helps too.

+1

There is no one size fits all answer.  Usually, the right answer is to help your kids work through it, but there are situations where especially aggressive/violent bullies or poor school discipline can require intervention.  Our daughters got through most issues growing up, but we did have one incident where a kid who had been threatening our daughter told her he had a knife in his locker.  In that case, we knew that just telling our daughter to "be tough" wasn't good enough, so we went to school officials.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #420 on: April 22, 2016, 05:57:33 PM »
I definitely agree you have to gauge your situations. when my son was in Cub Scouts we were on a camping trip and, while I was putting up a recalcitrant tent , my son came up crying that someone had taken his cap and wouldn't tell him where it was. I told him to "man up" and "convince" the perpetrator that that was not a healthy course to take. son came back  wearing his cap and a big smile.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #421 on: April 22, 2016, 07:17:47 PM »
Uthoff was from Iowa.  How many Iowa players has Wisconsin gotten since?

Are you hinting that our Rice Lake connection is kaflooey now?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #422 on: April 22, 2016, 10:11:18 PM »

You Norwegian, bro?

williewarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #423 on: April 23, 2016, 08:20:24 AM »
You Norwegian, bro?
Nah--sounds more like a Chicago Bear fan, or a close relative to Ditka. Da Bears!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #424 on: April 23, 2016, 08:30:21 AM »
Nah--sounds more like a Chicago Bear fan, or a close relative to Ditka. Da Bears!

Or Minnesotan.  Uff da!