[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 05:58:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Report: Celtics wouldn't part with Crowder in potential Jimmy Butler trade  (Read 1328 times)

mr.MUskie

• All American

Patrick BrittonApr 13 2016, 2:25 PM
The Boston Celtics may have been willing to add a superstar at the deadline, but not at the expense of one of their most valuable players.

Boston general manager Danny Ainge pursued Chicago Bulls shooting guard Jimmy Butler prior to February's deadline, but talks fell apart after the Celtics weren't willing to include small forward Jae Crowder in a deal, league sources told CSN Chicago's Vincent Goodwill.

Crowder has been one of Boston's best two-way players this season, averaging 14.2 points per game while typically covering the opponent's top wing player. Crowder's most attractive selling point, however, is arguably his affordable contract - a deal with four years and $29 million remaining after this season.

While Butler's put together an excellent individual season in Chicago, his difficulty getting along with both teammates and coaches likely led to the Bulls' willingness to deal him.

With a number of draft picks at his disposal, it's not unrealistic to believe Ainge will re-enter trade talks with Chicago this offseason, especially after seeing the Bulls miss the playoffs for the first time since 2007-08.

MU82

• All American
Interesting article.

I wouldn't trade Crowder, either. He is a true bargain.

And who knew Jimmy would turn out to be Mr. Cranky Pants?

Mike
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
I wouldn't trade Crowder either, but the Celtics problem is he's their most valuable trade asset, both in terms of his contract value to the team, and because the Celtics have a lot of guys with expiring contracts right now. To pick up Butler or Griffin, the Celtics need to match or get close to their salaries to make a deal work, Crowder's salary at least gets them halfway there, while being an attractive asset.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
Crowder isn't going anywhere. I know that he is a valuable trade asset, especially given his contract, but he is extremely valuable to the Cs. Everybody, especially Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens, loves him

#UnleashSean

• All American
I'd love to see Butler and Crowder together.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
I'd love to see Butler and Crowder together.

next for celtics, swing a deal for wes, bring davonte back from europe and get novak from the bucks and diener out of retirement, vander coming off the bench, stevens opts to go back to college and buzz makes the trip a little north ;D...now you're talking about a team right there-Ein'a?  change the celtics name to WARRIORS-check

don't...don't don't don't don't