'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Providence Game Thread  (Read 18304 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Providence Game Thread
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2018, 05:02:54 PM »
CTWarrior

I debated a number of the younger folks on how much JJJ and Luke would be missed. I was laughed at for my comments. Trust me, there were folks on here that still believe in the tooth fairy and felt this would be an up year.

Hold on.

You thought they were going to miss JJJ and Luke?  And that people who thought they were going to be better this year also believe in the tooth fairy?

Yet you are complaining that they aren't better this year?   ?-( ?-( ?-( ?-( ?-( ?-( ?-( ?-(

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2018, 05:05:09 PM »
CTWarrior

I debated a number of the younger folks on how much JJJ and Luke would be missed. I was laughed at for my comments. Trust me, there were folks on here that still believe in the tooth fairy and felt this would be an up year.

I think we have some good pieces for next year. The three freshmen look promising along with Sam, Markus and Morrow. The missing piece is a point guard. If Wojo does not land one we will be struggling again.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2018, 05:05:33 PM »
Sultan,

I told several on here in PM under 500 this year. At least thought they would competitive at home. My expectations were low and they have not been met to this point. I would be happy if we could say they are a well coached team. IMO, that would be a lie.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2018, 05:08:56 PM »
I think we have some good pieces for next year. The three freshmen look promising along with Sam, Markus and Morrow. The missing piece is a point guard. If Wojo does not land one we will be struggling again.

I agree that next year's team is in near desperate need of a point guard.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2018, 05:19:43 PM »
I probably let some of the early wins  (including UW) give me false hope that they could finish over .500 In league and make the tournament.  The fact is that they are young, small and terrible defenders.

Howard is the PG next year. Bringing in a Frosh would be a disaster and another lost season. With Morrow and Joey Hauser, they will be able to defend and still score baskets. A few extra games in a post season tournament will help for 2018-19.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2018, 06:33:36 PM »
I probably let some of the early wins  (including UW) give me false hope that they could finish over .500 In league and make the tournament.  The fact is that they are young, small and terrible defenders.

Howard is the PG next year. Bringing in a Frosh would be a disaster and another lost season. With Morrow and Joey Hauser, they will be able to defend and still score baskets. A few extra games in a post season tournament will help for 2018-19.
Yes...the top mantra here is....we will be better next year...folowed by....we will be realy good next year....followed by that always safe ass coverer....we will be really good in two years.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2018, 07:13:56 PM »
Yes...the top mantra here is....we will be better next year...folowed by....we will be realy good next year....followed by that always safe ass coverer....we will be really good in two years.

I don't remember anyone saying last year that we would be better this year. I certainly wasn't.

We will be better next season. And the season after that.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2018, 08:17:31 PM »
Next year is a long way off and anything can happen and probably will

feedback