[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT: Yahoo Article states Favre rethinking retirement  (Read 3231 times)

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
OT: Yahoo Article states Favre rethinking retirement
« on: April 03, 2008, 06:45:01 PM »
I figured I'd bring this to everyone attention. If he comes back with another team who'd be the bigger douche, TC or Brett? Tough call for me, but I'd give the nod to Brett especially after that tearful press conference.

Report: Favre re-thinking retirement
4 hours, 47 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (TICKER) —Brett Favre could be having second thoughts about retirement.

According to a Los Angeles Times report, the former Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, is contemplating a comeback with another team.

Citing NFL sources, the Times reported Thursday that Favre has been quietly talking with teams about their interest in trading for the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player.

On March 4, Favre, who played with the Packers for 16 seasons, announced his retirement during an emotional press conference at Lambeau Field.

However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union.

Favre’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, told the Times he was not aware of his client’s possible interest in resuming his career.

“That’s news to me,” Cook said. “I don’t think it has anything to do with anything. He’s retired, period, point blank.”

During his press conference, Favre denied he retired because the Packers did not make a more aggressive attempt to sign wide receiver Randy Moss.

However, Favre’s decision came one day after the New England Patriots re-signed Moss to a three-year contract worth $27 million.

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: OT: Yahoo Article states Favre rethinking retirement
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
"News" out of nothing. He's done.

feedback