[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Washington DC area Alumni  (Read 3494 times)

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
Washington DC area Alumni
« on: March 18, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »
Anyone from the DC / NoVA area willing to offer me a little insight in life out there?  I've been living in the midwest my entire life (MU '08) and just got offered a job in NoVA.  I have no family out there, and have only been out there for the job interviews.  Any insight into places to live, how much to expect in rent, traffic comparisons (I'm used to Chicago traffic), etc. would be extremely helpful.  I've been looking at places in the Arlington, Alexandria area just to get a price range as I've heard that's really the place for young professionals out there.  I would be based in McLean, VA, but it's a consulting job.

MU_Grad02

• Walk-On
Re: Washington DC area Alumni
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »
Traffic in McLean is going to be a nightmare most likely.  All the roads that lead to 66 and the Beltway so traffic gets backed up there pretty easily.  But depending on the hours you work, you can get around some of it.
Arlington is a great place for young people.  The nightlife is great and there are a lot of fun bars and restaurants. Rent is going to be pricey, but if you are working in McLean, you dont really need to live by the metro so you can find cheaper places in Arlington when you start looking away from the metro.

feedback