[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ray Rice let go by Ravens  (Read 93596 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Ray Rice let go by Ravens
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2014, 09:51:04 AM »
I'm figurin' there's a lawsuit yet to be filed. Can't deny a dude a right to make a livin' without charges bein' filed and due process, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2014, 09:58:58 AM »
Goodell interview left door open for rehabilitation, I thought.  My guess is Rice goes through some program and the door is open for a CHANGED and remorseful player. His problem is that the league is awash with running backs and last year he was nothing special.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »
I'm figurin' there's a lawsuit yet to be filed. Can't deny a dude a right to make a livin' without charges bein' filed and due process, hey?

Depends on the CBA language.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »

State of NJ convicted him already and even gave him an "out" to expunge the crime from his record?  How much more due process do you want?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »
does this help explain things a little?  i doubt it, but it does shed a little light on who you are.  any preferential treatment here or what?  i'm all ears though...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/10/judge-prosecutor-who-let-ray-rice-walk-tossing-book-at-single-mom/
don't...don't don't don't don't

brandx

« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »
does this help explain things a little?  i doubt it, but it does shed a little light on who you are.  any preferential treatment here or what?  i'm all ears though...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/10/judge-prosecutor-who-let-ray-rice-walk-tossing-book-at-single-mom/

Not too surprising.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2014, 01:27:23 PM »
Ray Rice is a bad human being and a threat to society. He should be in jail.

And I'm a softy who believes in second chances.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
This thread...holy hell.

For the record, Greg Hardy was just given harsh discipline by the NFL league office, immediately, for a serious violation of it's policy that can harm the league forever.

Hardy was sent a fine and notice last week for violating the league's uniform policy for the facepaint he wears in game.

Roger Goodell's NFL...wear socks too high, pay a heavy fine, immediately. Beat the living hell out of your wife/girlfriend...ehh, we'll try to get to it. Even then, we really don't care. But don't forget to buy pink jersey's all October!

Think about what you said....it's EXACTLY why Goodell and the higher ups at the league never saw the video.  Goodell will give suspensions to players for pretty minor stuff, but only 2 games for this?  No way, not if he had seen the video.  Not a chance in hell.  That's why idiots that say he saw the video are absolutely not using common sense.

There is also due process, which you should know the league has to follow.  This is why the league didn't react until Rice was convicted and took his plea.   People don't like, is what it is.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2014, 01:48:08 PM »

My understanding is he took a plea deal that first time offenders routinely take.  I'd want to know who wasn't denied a similar plea deal for a first time offender.  This article is comparing a case involving a fire arm, so not apples to apples comparison.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »
Think about what you said....it's EXACTLY why Goodell and the higher ups at the league never saw the video.  Goodell will give suspensions to players for pretty minor stuff, but only 2 games for this?  No way, not if he had seen the video.  Not a chance in hell.  That's why idiots that say he saw the video are absolutely not using common sense.

There is also due process, which you should know the league has to follow.  This is why the league didn't react until Rice was convicted and took his plea.   People don't like, is what it is.

Huge difference...they had PLENTY of opportunity to see it or get access to it. Willful ignorance is NOT a good stance here.

It's hypocritical to say due process (which happened, albeit handled terribly by NJ), and then not seek out the video.

Only reason it moved from 2 games to indefinite is because the league reacted to common sense public outrage. Total joke, can NOT have it both ways.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »
My understanding is he took a plea deal that first time offenders routinely take.  I'd want to know who wasn't denied a similar plea deal for a first time offender.  This article is comparing a case involving a fire arm, so not apples to apples comparison.

i understand chico, but she was essentially legally carrying and volunteered the info that she was carrying.  otherwise, no real laws broken except she was a few miles out of bounds. nothing violent occured.  i'm in agreement with you however re:goodell not having all the facts in front of him in order to properly penalize ray.  yes, he did hit her, but the violence of it was not as appreciated as was made apparent on the tmz video.  for all of you expressing your outrage now, fine, but where was the same amount of outrage last spring or for the 2 cases pending.  bottom line, a man doesn't hit women
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2014, 02:55:43 PM »

Yup. But the Ravens could have acted on their own if they wanted. I believe the Patriots got rid of Hernandez before the conviction

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2014, 03:37:04 PM »
Huge difference...they had PLENTY of opportunity to see it or get access to it. Willful ignorance is NOT a good stance here.

It's hypocritical to say due process (which happened, albeit handled terribly by NJ), and then not seek out the video.

Only reason it moved from 2 games to indefinite is because the league reacted to common sense public outrage. Total joke, can NOT have it both ways.

You keep saying they had plenty of opportunities to see this.  You sure about that?  So many people have been wrong about this the last few days, you sure you want to go down that path?

They asked law enforcement and law enforcement said NO.  Legally, they are not entitled to it.  They asked his attorney, Diamondstein, he said no.  What you are suggesting is they should have broken the law to see a video.  Is that "willful ignorance" or them just acting within the confines of the law?

I disagree vehemently with your last statement.  Not a doubt in my mind. If they had seen that video in the elevator, there never would have been a 2 game suspension.  The video means everything.  Not a chance in the world it would have been 2 games and I've heard that directly from our contacts we deal with.  There is no reason for them to have done only 2 games if they had seen the video or even understood to what degree it shows....zero upside.  I'm not having it both way, they didn't see the video, if they had they wouldn't have done a 2 game suspension....instead, you're having it both ways.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2014, 03:39:19 PM »
Yup. But the Ravens could have acted on their own if they wanted. I believe the Patriots got rid of Hernandez before the conviction

Yup, they could have.  Difference is that the fiance of Ray Rice said it was an argument, they were drunk, she attacked him, etc.  The victims of Hernandez apparently weren't able to meet with the Patriots to make such a case.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2014, 03:44:25 PM »
Yup, they could have.  Difference is that the fiance of Ray Rice said it was an argument, they were drunk, she attacked him, etc.  The victims of Hernandez apparently weren't able to meet with the Patriots to make such a case.

Not gonna lie, I had a good laugh there.

I wonder if anybody who agrees Ray Rice should be out of the NFL is going to pay for Mayweather's next fight

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »
BREAKING: NFL HAD ACCESS TO THE VIDEO 3 MONTHS AGO, per the AP.

Take that Chicos.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2014, 03:59:26 PM »
Let me rephrase that...NFL HAD ACCESS TO THE VIDEO IN APRIL.

APRIL!!!!!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2014, 04:02:19 PM »
You keep saying they had plenty of opportunities to see this.  You sure about that?  So many people have been wrong about this the last few days, you sure you want to go down that path?

They asked law enforcement and law enforcement said NO.  Legally, they are not entitled to it.  They asked his attorney, Diamondstein, he said no.  What you are suggesting is they should have broken the law to see a video.  Is that "willful ignorance" or them just acting within the confines of the law?

I disagree vehemently with your last statement.  Not a doubt in my mind. If they had seen that video in the elevator, there never would have been a 2 game suspension.  The video means everything.  Not a chance in the world it would have been 2 games and I've heard that directly from our contacts we deal with.  There is no reason for them to have done only 2 games if they had seen the video or even understood to what degree it shows....zero upside.  I'm not having it both way, they didn't see the video, if they had they wouldn't have done a 2 game suspension....instead, you're having it both ways.

I stand by every single word.

brandx

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2014, 04:16:20 PM »
BREAKING: NFL HAD ACCESS TO THE VIDEO 3 MONTHS AGO, per the AP.

Take that Chicos.

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) β€” A law enforcement official says he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee to an NFL executive three months ago, while league officers have insisted they didn't see the violent images until this week.
The person played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."

brandx

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
'We Asked For Video. We Asked For Anything That's Pertinent. But We Were Never Granted That Opportunity...'

Roger Goodell on Monday.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »
I never thought I would say this, but I have zero interest in watching the NFL until Goodell is gone. Buck stops with him, even as he is employed by the owners.

He must go right now. RIGHT. DAMN. NOW.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2014, 04:28:42 PM »
'We Asked For Video. We Asked For Anything That's Pertinent. But We Were Never Granted That Opportunity...'

Roger Goodell on Monday.

Goodbye, Roger.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2014, 04:30:09 PM »
Here's a question, should Ray Rice be allowed to play football again?

Donte Stallworth killed somebody and wasn't banned from the NFL. Numerous examples of players committing assault and being allowed to play, etc.

Also, Mark Schlereth (and I dislike the guy) said this is either the ultimate cover-up (which I'm starting to doubt), or the ultimate in complete lack of due diligence. If TMZ can acquire the second video, why can't some of the former FBI guys working security for the NFL?

Which one is it now?

brandx

« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2014, 04:30:51 PM »
I never thought I would say this, but I have zero interest in watching the NFL until Goodell is gone. Buck stops with him, even as he is employed by the owners.

He must go right now. RIGHT. DAMN. NOW.

If this allegation is true, he may be gone before Sunday.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2014, 04:33:23 PM »
"Ignorance is not an execuse".

-Roger Goodell, in the formal letter to the New Orleans Saints organization for punishment on the Bounty Scandal