collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Fastest Way To Wreck a Company ...  (Read 10546 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Fastest Way To Wreck a Company ...
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2019, 06:35:13 PM »

And I'll bring up Ballmer.  The best thing that ever happened to Microsoft in the last two decades was Ballmer buying Clippers and leaving Microsoft.  Getting him out of there made them relevant again.

Ballmer did not leave Microsoft to buy the Clippers.

He was nudged out the door in Feb 2014, after years of lackluster performance. The lackluster performance had nothing to do with him buying the Clippers, who weren't even on the market until after Donald Sterling made his fateful racist remarks in April 2014 and was forced to sell.

But yes, it did end up being fortuitous for Microsoft, as his successor, Satya Nadella, is a genius who realized that the cloud was the future.

It might end up being fortuitious for the Clippers, too. They were perennial underachievers -- and often laughingstocks -- under Sterling. They are legit NBA title contenders this season, as Ballmer brought in both Leonard and George.

Oh ...

And AAPL is almost $200 higher now than it was when you were telling us to run from it in the $90s.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2019, 06:56:54 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2019, 08:25:47 PM »
Wages certainly aren't up any significant amount.

so how much is a significant enough amount for you?  when was the last time they even went up a "significant amount"?  you'd be complaining if they were hanging you with a new rope
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2019, 06:50:17 AM »
Oh, you people with your facts and data and information! Heisy is not interested! He has a political axe to grind so he'd like you to focus on that please.

He wants you to understand that a Democratic hedge fund manager is terrible, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, so please just focus on that part of the presentation and don't dig too much into the actual facts.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 06:54:35 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2019, 07:12:55 AM »
so how much is a significant enough amount for you?  when was the last time they even went up a "significant amount"?  you'd be complaining if they were hanging you with a new rope

Wages, when adjusted for inflation, by some measures finally reached pre-2008 levels earlier this year.  It's been a very slow recovery.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2019, 07:48:28 AM »
So is this why Mark A won't pry the wallet open to find the Crew an arm?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2019, 08:56:10 AM »

Wages, when adjusted for inflation, by some measures finally reached pre-2008 levels earlier this year.  It's been a very slow recovery.

Inflation has been low, wage growth has to be put in perspective.  Tech has also replaced some jobs, etc.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2019, 12:44:49 PM »
Inflation has been low, wage growth has to be put in perspective.  Tech has also replaced some jobs, etc.

Inflation has been low.  But over the past ten years, the CPI has gone up 20%.  If wages have largely just risen to 2008 levels, that means everything is relatively more expensive. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2019, 08:20:30 AM »
Inflation has been low.  But over the past ten years, the CPI has gone up 20%.  If wages have largely just risen to 2008 levels, that means everything is relatively more expensive.

So raising the minimum wage wasn’t good enough?  Might as well just pay everyone $50/ hour...that ought to do it, no what the...might as well make it $100...ya wanna know when everything was stagnant and stayed stagnant at best was thru 2016.  Any movement up now, as it has, is going to be gradual, but it’s the first appreciable move up in a while

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2019, 08:25:26 AM »
Oh, you people with your facts and data and information! Heisy is not interested! He has a political axe to grind so he'd like you to focus on that please.

He wants you to understand that a Democratic hedge fund manager is terrible, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, so please just focus on that part of the presentation and don't dig too much into the actual facts.

So much billionaire love here.  Must be a republican convention.

You are all invited to my wine cave.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2019, 10:15:27 AM »
So raising the minimum wage wasn’t good enough?  Might as well just pay everyone $50/ hour...that ought to do it, no what the...might as well make it $100...ya wanna know when everything was stagnant and stayed stagnant at best was thru 2016.  Any movement up now, as it has, is going to be gradual, but it’s the first appreciable move up in a while

???  The Federal minimum wage hasn't changed since 2009.  WTF are you talking about?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2019, 02:01:12 PM »

I don’t think I have mentioned anything about minimum wage. I have simply mentioned that wages haven’t kept up with inflation.

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2019, 02:02:14 PM »
So much billionaire love here.  Must be a republican convention.

You are all invited to my wine cave.

Probably should have just stayed away and taken the L.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2019, 03:42:35 PM »
???  The Federal minimum wage hasn't changed since 2009.  WTF are you talking about?

you view everything thru the federal gov't?  if they didn't do it, it didn't happen??  scary!  thank God the feds haven't touched it!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2019, 05:08:34 PM »
Allegis Group, owned by Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Biscotti, has seen its revenues grow 113 percent over the past decade.

Wasn’t Allegis the name for United Airlines’ holding company in the 1980s, when United owned the airline, Westin Hotels and Hertz? I think so.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2019, 05:22:54 PM »
Allegis Group is a privately held staffing firm.  Mostly goes under the name Aerotek. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2019, 08:15:21 PM »
I don’t think I have mentioned anything about minimum wage. I have simply mentioned that wages haven’t kept up with inflation.

*Some* wages haven't kept up. While others have soared. See workers vs execs

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2019, 07:03:20 AM »
you view everything thru the federal gov't?  if they didn't do it, it didn't happen??  scary!  thank God the feds haven't touched it!
Fail

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2019, 07:15:37 AM »

It should have been indexed to cost of living from day one. 

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2019, 07:30:18 AM »

Brother Fluffy, you obviously weren't alive in the 1960s and 1970s. We'd of killed for this kind of inflation back then.

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2019, 07:35:50 AM »
Brother Fluffy, you obviously weren't alive in the 1960s and 1970s. We'd of killed for this kind of inflation back then.

I was alive and understand completely what you are talking about.  But that's not really relevant to my point at all. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2019, 11:56:42 AM »

I see more Seattle restaurants announced closure in WSJ article this past week....tough economic times up there?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2019, 01:08:00 PM »

Article today from Axios, wages up highest in 10 years

https://www.axios.com/wage-increases-workers-2019-high-low-skill-5208fb9f-20c2-486a-b572-fc20737546f3.html

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2019, 02:14:29 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2019, 03:43:00 PM »
I see more Seattle restaurants announced closure in WSJ article this past week....tough economic times up there?
Restaurants sometimes close?  Stunning!