'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: bush league Fans  (Read 13648 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: bush league Fans
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2022, 07:27:01 PM »
Totally agree. He’d be giving them first hand lessons in much more creative use of profanity.  The Bob Ross of swearing while these pups are finger painting

Gosh, woulda loved to see KO patrol the sidelines.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2022, 07:27:58 PM »
Yes he seems to go down after he jumps most the time.

British Knights, hey?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2022, 07:31:24 PM »
Goal is National Championship

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2022, 09:33:29 PM »
Gosh, woulda loved to see KO patrol the sidelines.

I was only a kid so my memory is a bit mixed, but I do remember he used to take callers into the radio show after games which was incredible when he’d go off on them.  That did not last long

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2022, 04:38:03 PM »
Are Kansas people too polite?

STUDENTS TOSSED FROM KANSAS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL GAME FOR CHANTING ‘AIRBALL’

Several students at a Kansas high school were ejected from the school’s basketball game Tuesday night for chants deemed to be poor sportsmanship.

Not an obscene chant or gesture, nor a racial remark — instead, it was a word that’s commonplace in arenas across the country: “airball.” Blue Valley Northwest High School did indeed eject students for chanting the phrase at a Blue Valley High School student-athlete, after he didn’t hit net on a free throw attempt.

“A school administrator just came up and told us it was time to go, and we needed to get out,” ejected student Chris Daniel said Thursday, via FOX4 News. “I understand what they’re trying to do and enforce the rule so it’s a friendly environment, but at the same time, I think there needs to be some change.”

You wouldn’t believe it, but there’s actually a stated rule that prohibits the chant of “airball.” Per Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) Rule 52, “airball” is one of the phrases that’s labeled as poor sportsmanship.

Jeremy Holaday, KSHSAA Associate Executive Director, explained to FOX4 News why the rule is in place and why the chant warrants an ejection.

“If you can see something’s brewing here, something as simple as yelling “airball,” can set this off to the next level, that could create even worse damage,” Holaday said. “We have to be mindful of that and stop it as soon as we can.”

The Blue Valley School District released its own statement defending the rule that’s in place.

“Students, families and our community are an important part of the “game day” experience for our high school activities and athletics. We expect that our school communities represent themselves and our schools in a positive way during these events,” the statement reads. “This includes following KSHSAA expectations around sportsmanship, as well as the common expectations for student sections that Eastern Kansas League student leaders agreed upon at a student summit this fall.”
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2022, 05:17:36 PM »
UNC was jumpin around before the opening tip

Someone tell nolonger
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2022, 05:19:41 PM »
I was only a kid so my memory is a bit mixed, but I do remember he used to take callers into the radio show after games which was incredible when he’d go off on them.  That did not last long

Yep, and Jim Irwin/Max McGee used to take calls at halftime of Packers games, as did Eddie Doucette with the Bucks.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2022, 06:04:14 PM »
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2022, 09:34:55 AM »
MU fans apparently are angels. From the Duke board.

I am a Duke grad , lifelong NC resident and lifelong Tarheel Hater. But Saturday and the treatment of Coach K was still surprising with the "F " you and absoltuely no recogniton of his greatness and the rivalrys greatness. . But then again , UNC has been on a moral decline since Dean left. Cheating , fraud - they were lucky to n ot get the NCAA death penalty.. I thought that the rivalry might bring out their better nature. - but it didnot.

When Dean Smith died, Duke held a great ceremony at half court - players , coaches and it spoke so well of the rivalry and of Coach Smith.

Todays Tarheels are the sports equivalent of a sea of Marjorie Taylor Greenes. No class or even shame about their pathetic appearance. Coach K deserved a better send off from his lifelong rival.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2022, 09:57:09 AM »
MU fans apparently are angels. From the Duke board.
Dean Smith dying versus Coach K last game. I can think of almost no similarities but, alas, the poster has drawn them as equivalents.

If I was Coach K - there would be no better send off than for a bunch of UNC fans flipping me the bird and saying F U. Means I’ve done my job.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2022, 10:10:28 AM »
Counterpoint: Coach K is an pretty boy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2022, 05:01:21 PM »
If I was Coach K - there would be no better send off than for a bunch of UNC fans flipping me the bird and saying F U. Means I’ve done my job.

Yep.

Especially given that K's the one who had the ultimate F U -- a 20-point road victory over his archrival, one that solidified Duke's standing as a high seed while edging UNC closer to bubble territory.

Even if K wanted to respond with something verbal (and why would he?), all he'd have had to say was, "Scoreboard!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2022, 07:45:41 AM »
I'm guessing you're mad cuz its a badger thing? I had no idea. Putting up a w for a win is pretty common nowadays.

I too would like clarification on why this is a problem. W means win, not Wisconsin, yeah?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2022, 10:48:01 AM »
I’d rather see the Double Bird, than the W. 

feedback