* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: McEwen  (Read 29084 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: McEwen
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2020, 10:25:59 PM »
Koby's stat line for tonight:

0 for 2 field goals. His three point attempt hit the top of the backboard, not an airball. 
4 turnovers
4 fouls.

He has made one outside shot in his last four games, the only one being a three against KSU late in the game.  One shot.

Last nine games:

Field goals: 12 for 59 (20%)
Threes:        5 for 35 (10%)
Turnovers: 27
Fouls:        28

Some have said look beyond his scoring, even at his "swagger".  Right.    Two fouls tonight in 50 seconds, screwed up the lineup rotation, defensive responsibilities went elsewhere and didn't show up again.  Zero points, 4 turnovers and 4 fouls.  With MU getting absolutely nothing from three players playing the five, Koby needs to get it together or this season going to be real long.

Numbers don’t lie. McEwen is awful.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2020, 10:26:02 PM »
Koby's stat line for tonight:

0 for 2 field goals. His three point attempt hit the top of the backboard, not an airball. 
4 turnovers
4 fouls.

He has made one outside shot in his last four games, the only one being a three against KSU late in the game.  One shot.

Last nine games:

Some have said look beyond his scoring, even at his "swagger".  Right.    Two fouls tonight in 50 seconds, screwed up the lineup rotation, defensive responsibilities went elsewhere and didn't show up again.  Zero points, 4 turnovers and 4 fouls.  With MU getting absolutely nothing from three players playing the five, Koby needs to get it together or this season going to be real long.

The utter lack of confidence, which is understandable at this point, is going to make a quick turnaround very difficult. It's a shame, because our ceiling is much lower without him playing well.

Those shooting numbers are almost impossibly bad the last 9 games. Ouch. Puts so much more pressure on Markus with him offering nothing. Hope he can regain his confidence, because he is so much better than he is playing right now. Confidence is such an amazing intangible.

panda

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2020, 10:26:51 PM »
...the guy shot the ball twice today.  Not sure I'd call that a "black hole."

“Koby's stat line for tonight:

4 turnovers
4 fouls.

Last nine games:

Some have said look beyond his scoring, even at his "swagger".  Right.    Two fouls tonight in 50 seconds, screwed up the lineup rotation, defensive responsibilities went elsewhere and didn't show up again.  Zero points, 4 turnovers and 4 fouls.  With MU getting absolutely nothing from three players playing the five, Koby needs to get it together or this season going to be real long.”

This...C’mon wades be better.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2020, 10:27:32 PM »

The utter lack of confidence, which is understandable at this point, is going to make a quick turnaround very difficult. It's a shame, because our ceiling is much lower without him playing well.

Those shooting numbers are almost impossibly bad the last 9 games. Ouch. Puts so much more pressure on Markus with him offering nothing. Hope he can regain his confidence, because he is so much better than he is playing right now. Confidence is such an amazing intangible.

You’re sure he’s not really this bad huh, ok. Not sure what that’s based from. He’s a mid major player

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2020, 10:28:49 PM »
“Koby's stat line for tonight:

4 turnovers
4 fouls.

Last nine games:

Some have said look beyond his scoring, even at his "swagger".  Right.    Two fouls tonight in 50 seconds, screwed up the lineup rotation, defensive responsibilities went elsewhere and didn't show up again.  Zero points, 4 turnovers and 4 fouls.  With MU getting absolutely nothing from three players playing the five, Koby needs to get it together or this season going to be real long.”

This...C’mon wades be better.

AKA "I don't know what the term 'black hole' means when discussing basketball."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2020, 10:32:30 PM »

You’re sure he’s not really this bad huh, ok. Not sure what that’s based from. He’s a mid major player

Pretty sure he's capable of far better than 20%/10% shooting, but given the complete loss of confidence at this point he has to be a mess emotionally. Tough to get over that hump; it'd be nice to see him get a couple easy buckets to get some good vibes going. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2020, 10:33:41 PM »
AKA "I don't know what the term 'black hole' means when discussing basketball."

Can you clarify?  I didn't mention any reference to a blackhole.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2020, 10:35:43 PM »
Can you clarify?  I didn't mention any reference to a blackhole.

I was quoting panda, who called Koby a "black hole" on offense, and then when I pointed out he took a whopping two shots tonight he quoted your post and said "this."

Koby is bad offensively right now.  He is not a black hole.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2020, 10:35:48 PM »
Pretty sure he's capable of far better than 20%/10% shooting, but given the complete loss of confidence at this point he has to be a mess emotionally. Tough to get over that hump; it'd be nice to see him get a couple easy buckets to get some good vibes going. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

I wouldn’t even play him. Let Symir develop. He’s a work in progress, but he’s flashed ability at this level.
Plus, I stopped kidding myself in November that this season had any hope to it

nyg

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2020, 10:38:06 PM »
I was quoting panda, who called Koby a "black hole" on offense, and then when I pointed out he took a whopping two shots tonight he quoted your post and said "this."

OK, just re read.  Koby's a mess and I'll continue with his stats until it ends for reference only because his slump is something very strange for a BE starting player. 

panda

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2020, 10:38:12 PM »

I would say not scoring at all and turning the ball over at a high rate would be a black hole. I guess I’m wrong in regards to your personal understanding of the phrase. Sorry carry on!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2020, 10:39:14 PM »
I would say not scoring at all and turning the ball over at a high rate would be a black hole. I guess I’m wrong in regards to your personal understanding of the phrase. Sorry carry on!

Yes, that's my point.  That's not a black hole.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »
OK, just re read.  Koby's a mess and I'll continue with his stats until it ends for reference only because his slump is something very strange for a BE starting player.

He’s a starting in BE only because MU and Wojo are headed for a terrible season. Go back to the Mountain West

panda

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2020, 10:48:40 PM »
Yes, that's my point.  That's not a black hole.

Lol I don’t care what you think

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2020, 10:52:39 PM »
Lol I don’t care what you think

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+a+black+hole+in+basketball&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Google is your friend. A “black hole” on a basketball court is a guy who never passes the ball, shoots it every time he gets it. Koby is not that and was definitely not that tonight.

panda

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2020, 10:58:46 PM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+a+black+hole+in+basketball&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Google is your friend. A “black hole” on a basketball court is a guy who never passes the ball, shoots it every time he gets it. Koby is not that and was definitely not that tonight.

Dude just pulled out a google search for black hole. Get a life man.

Black hole = negative influence = Koby

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2020, 11:00:03 PM »

Wrong

A black hole means the ball goes in and never comes out?  This has been a term for basketball for a long time.  You are simply wrong with your terminology.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2020, 11:03:59 PM »
Arguing over the semantics of what is a black hole and not focusing on the actual topic is classic. Koby has been horrid besides a couple halves

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2020, 11:06:12 PM »

See Jim rome’s Take on “pick up basketball guy”. Funny chit

Black hole is a guy who doesn’t pass

panda

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2020, 11:08:49 PM »
He stinks out loud. How’s that for a straightforward description.

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2020, 12:47:45 AM »
I promise to never get excited about a transfer again. I don't care if the player sitting out is the best player in practice.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2020, 06:49:40 AM »
Koby lost his game. Must have left it in Utah. He's a big liability on this team.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2020, 07:17:39 AM »

Pretty gutsy searching that on Google.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2020, 07:52:56 AM »

Sorry but when you are talking basketball, that is simply not what it means.  Just admit that you were mistaken and move on.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow