[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[May 10, 2024, 03:33:49 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Utah nurse arrested  (Read 16527 times)

fjm

• All American
Re: Utah nurse arrested
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2017, 09:20:41 AM »
As a nurse in the ED here in Milwaukee, I can say I have never had this situation with any MPD officers. But I can easily see how the lines can get blurred and the officers begin to request more than they are granted.

Pakuni

• All American

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2017, 09:57:55 AM »
Nurses in need of arrest?

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/05/denver-health-medical-center-nurses-suspended-admired-genitals/

Interesting deflection/attempt at equivocation.

I'd love to hear your opinion on the original post/situation

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2017, 10:17:49 AM »

Why are you assuming the nurses were female?

Because the hospital spokesperson stated that four of the nurses were back at work the fifth no longer works there though she was not terminated. That one she is enough to validate my post that it's not just guys.
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2017, 11:20:18 AM »
As a nurse in the ED here in Milwaukee, I can say I have never had this situation with any MPD officers. But I can easily see how the lines can get blurred and the officers begin to request more than they are granted.

Chick jr. works on a med/surg floor at St. Luke's, and she told me she is asked by cops all the time for information that is covered by HIPPAA, like why the patient is in the hospital, or when they are going to be released.  And they usually get pissed when she lets them know that she can't divulge that kind of info.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 04:09:39 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2017, 12:19:30 PM »
As long as doctors who do the same kind of thing are treated the same way.  I don't recall the exact incident, but I have heard of a case (and by a case I mean a legal case) where a surgeon actually called other doctors into a surgery room to check out the naked body of a young woman under anesthesia.  And you know that kind of thing happens more often than anyone would care to admit.  Because men.

Doctors should be fired immediately in the same way, and in my opinion charged with sexual assault. 

And the "because men" thing is uncalled for.  I didn't even pay enough attention to whether the nurses were men or women.  I don't care, they should be fired regardless.  Doctor or Nurse regardless of whether they are men or women, trans, intersex...anything should be fired immediately for such actions.

And in my experience, women are as bad as men in these types of scenarios, so pretending that it's a "because men" issue is applying gender stereotypes when they are uncalled for. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2017, 12:30:54 PM »
Doctors should be fired immediately in the same way, and in my opinion charged with sexual assault. 

And the "because men" thing is uncalled for.  I didn't even pay enough attention to whether the nurses were men or women.  I don't care, they should be fired regardless.  Doctor or Nurse regardless of whether they are men or women, trans, intersex...anything should be fired immediately for such actions.

And in my experience, women are as bad as men in these types of scenarios, so pretending that it's a "because men" issue is applying gender stereotypes when they are uncalled for.

I can assure you it was 100% tongue in cheek.  Chick is anything but sexist in that regard.  You'll just have to trust me.  So let's leave it at that.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 12:32:25 PM by jsglow »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2017, 12:37:31 PM »
I can assure you it was 100% tongue in cheek.  Chick is anything but sexist in that regard.  You'll just have to trust me.  So let's leave it at that.

I believe you, as it seemed very unusual from her.  I was actually wondering if someone else had posted it. 

I apologize for not taking it tongue in cheek immediately.

One of the crazy things I learned later in life is how many times the people most sexist against women are other women.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 12:39:40 PM by forgetful »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2017, 01:14:35 PM »
I'm sure its largely tongue in cheek, but as a man, the "because men" thing isn't uncalled for, and its not "sexist." The worst thing to happen to women is men. Let's not lose the forest from the trees on that, fellas, lest we devolve back into the "not all men" run a couple years ago.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2017, 01:35:36 PM »
The worst thing to happen to women is men.

Except for that small detail about becoming extinct without them.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2017, 04:08:49 PM »
Except for that small detail about becoming extinct without them.

Maybe not...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/scientists-claim-can-create-babies-7441572

You guys better start being nicer to us, because you are becoming more and more irrelevant.

Have some patience, FFS.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2017, 04:34:01 PM »
I'm sure its largely tongue in cheek, but as a man, the "because men" thing isn't uncalled for, and its not "sexist." The worst thing to happen to women is men. Let's not lose the forest from the trees on that, fellas, lest we devolve back into the "not all men" run a couple years ago.

Yep. Any study can tell you that the VAST majority of sex crimes (which is what the nurses committed) are perpetrated by men. And I've heard the "boys will be boys" excuse trotted out as a serious defense plenty of times.

But yes,  women can commit sex crimes too.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2017, 04:36:39 PM »
Yep. Any study can tell you that the VAST majority of sex crimes (which is what the nurses committed) are perpetrated by men. And I've heard the "boys will be boys" excuse trotted out as a serious defense plenty of times.

Hey TAMU, I see that you're about to get new marching orders from the boss.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2017, 04:39:13 PM »

Having represented hospitals, docs and nurses for decades, I can assure you it's fairly common for police ask for more than they're entitled to - blood samples, Protected Health Information, whatever. I get that, and don't blame them for trying in the heart of the moment. But other than expressing frustration, they typically back off once they are given a clear, firm no.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2017, 04:41:30 PM »
Maybe not...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/scientists-claim-can-create-babies-7441572

You guys better start being nicer to us, because you are becoming more and more irrelevant.

Moderators, please IMMEDIATELY move this to the Doom thread!  :o

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2017, 04:44:11 PM »

These nurses should be appropriately punished and all, but I'm wondering what statutory authority you're looking at to classify ogling a naked corpse as a sex crime?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2017, 04:57:54 PM »
Hey TAMU, I see that you're about to get new marching orders from the boss.

Not really. She implied that she would rescind the 2011 letter. All that does is takeaway guidance, it doesn't change the law (making the situation even worse). Just like rescinding DACA didn't change anything for Marquette or TAMU (both schools statements made me very proud) rescinding the 2011 letter won't change a thing for me and I doubt it will change much for most universities.

New marching orders would require a new DCL offering different guidance. Devos has no interest in in changing the system. She is merely pandering to her base.
TAMU

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2017, 05:03:48 PM »
These nurses should be appropriately punished and all, but I'm wondering what statutory authority you're looking at to classify ogling a naked corpse as a sex crime?

My guess is it probably falls under a disorderly conduct umbrella, i.e. not a sex crime per se (at least not something that's going to get you on a registry), just a misdemeanor.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2017, 05:05:31 PM »

Was it just ogling, I thought I had read there was touching involved. I don't know the exact statue but there's something along the lines of inappropriate contact with corpse.
TAMU

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2017, 05:14:11 PM »
Was it just ogling, I thought I had read there was touching involved. I don't know the exact statue but there's something along the lines of inappropriate contact with corpse.

Article just talks about "viewing" the genitals, so I doubt there is a "sex crime" involved.

My guess is that they might be facing suspension or revocation of their licenses by the nursing board (most states allow that for "unprofessional conduct").

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2017, 06:02:30 PM »

Doesn't matter.  It is 4th degree sexual assault whether they directly touched the person or not.  They touched the body bag with the intention of degrading or humiliating the individual or for the purpose of arousing or gratifying themselves. 

4th degree sexual assault does not require direct contact with the body, it can be through clothing/coverings.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2017, 06:10:02 PM »
Doesn't matter.  It is 4th degree sexual assault whether they directly touched the person or not.  They touched the body bag with the intention of degrading or humiliating the individual or for the purpose of arousing or gratifying themselves. 

4th degree sexual assault does not require direct contact with the body, it can be through clothing/coverings.

Under Colorado law (where this occurred)?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2017, 06:19:02 PM »
Under Colorado law (where this occurred)?

Colorado does do it differently, but the Nurses still did commit a crime.  The crime is defined as "unlawful sexual contact" not 4th degree assault. 

All that is required is that a person's privates were examined without permission in a manner inconsistent wth legitimate medical examination. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2017, 06:25:26 PM »

Not disagreeing with you, but define VAST.  Most recent estimates put the percentage of crimes committed by women between 11-30% of all sex crimes.  The 30% is likely too high as it relies heavily on statistics involving incarceration. 

Those numbers go up significantly each year as the stigma regarding men being assaulted decreases.  The corollary to the "boys will be boys" line, is that the women/female was doing the man/boy a favor...because they should be somehow grateful to be assaulted. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2017, 07:38:29 PM »
Maybe not...

Chick, I know you don't need us now - Was talking about tens or hundreds or thousands of years ago. Horrible as we are, I think even Burrow will begrudgingly concede we were once necessary for the preservation of the species.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:20:02 PM by Joeys Tap »