[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamal  (Read 18978 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Jamal
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2019, 11:00:11 PM »
He is earning them.    For a while, he was a turnover machine.    Right now he is an effort machine who is hitting the occasional 3.

Yeah, I think Practice is Wojo's Bible.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2019, 11:01:21 PM »
JFC

AZMarqfan

• Starter
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2019, 11:01:37 PM »
I was so glad to see Cain and Morrow provide the 1st half energy today.  I love Bailey's D against another team's top scorer, but Cain once again showed his talent. 

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2019, 11:04:49 PM »
This kid has been so positive on the bench the entire time riding pine and then he comes in and is effective.
Extremely impressive and I hope he gets his chance to shine as an upperclassman

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2019, 11:14:10 PM »
To Baileys credit as well, he absolutely swallowed Balwin with his length.  Fouled him on the one shot but smothered him for good stretches.  Jamal is capable of making us really long as well
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2019, 11:26:43 PM »
Always very delighted to see a team oriented player like Jamal have some quality moments on the court. We are going to need him in the tournament. So it is fantastic that his game is rounding into form now.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2019, 11:29:41 PM »
To Baileys credit as well, he absolutely swallowed Balwin with his length.  Fouled him on the one shot but smothered him for good stretches.  Jamal is capable of making us really long as well

This is really hard to predict, but I think both Jamal and Bailey could become guys that avg double figures in their careers. Marquette doesn’t look to have a bare cupboard coming up for them to get the volume, but both strike me as guys that will make huge strides when Sam, Markus, and sacar are gone alongside Joey, theo, transfer guard (drawing a blank, hopefully this gives him a hip on shoulder) and new recruits

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2019, 11:43:12 PM »
Jamal was great tonight. But what I loved the most was a moment on the bench at the end of the game. Joey had just fouled out and was upset at himself. He sat next to Jamal who immediately put his arm around Joey, and gave him a pep talk.

Kid has been a stellar teammate all season. Glad to see this being rewarded on the floor.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2019, 12:04:09 AM »
Love Cain
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2019, 12:06:36 AM »
Love Cain

He was Abel!

(Sorry, but somebody had to do it.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2019, 12:32:44 AM »
Crowd also seems to really be getting behind Jamal as well. When he came in and hit his shots there was a bit extra “atta boy” with the cheers

KfBob

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2019, 10:36:49 AM »
Great to see him finally get minutes.   Never understood why he didnt play at all most of this season?

I’m sure the popular reason folks will say is because of bailey’s defense.   I never thought Cain was a defensive liability, and I think he’s the most athletic player in our team

Really happy for Jamal.  While he wasn’t playing, he was always a huge cheerleader on the bench, and never seemed down.

Hope Wojo starts playing him a lot more.

Not sure what you have been seeing with Bailey's defense but he gave up multiple 3 pointers last night.  He definitely works hard but he is slow footed and has short arms.  I think Jamal's rebounding is the difference.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2019, 10:38:52 AM »
Not sure what you have been seeing with Bailey's defense but he gave up multiple 3 pointers last night.  He definitely works hard but he is slow footed and has short arms.  I think Jamal's rebounding is the difference.
I think you are confusing Bailey with Joey. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2019, 10:41:16 AM »
Yeah, I think Practice is Wojo's Bible.

A couple of years ago, when MU went into their post beating Villanova slump, MU had a week off.    Wojo announced that every starting position was up for grabs and would be determined by effort in practice.    JjJ showed up late for practice that week and got DNP/CD'd the next game.    Yes, effort in practice matters to Wojo.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2019, 10:55:28 AM »

Bailey has short arms?? He's used his length/wingspan do be highly disruptive multiple times this season, Georgetown game being the best example

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2019, 11:02:32 AM »
Jamal was great tonight. But what I loved the most was a moment on the bench at the end of the game. Joey had just fouled out and was upset at himself. He sat next to Jamal who immediately put his arm around Joey, and gave him a pep talk.

Kid has been a stellar teammate all season. Glad to see this being rewarded on the floor.

That was wonderful to see.  Joey had been challenged all night by Butler's quickness.  He was in the game because of his ability to make free throws down the stretch.  He nailed two key ones.  Cain's reminder that the strength of the team is the team, arm around his brother, epitomized our culture.

The production and overall maturity from our underclassmen has been outstanding.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2019, 11:24:27 AM »
The what and the who?!
No Finish Line

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2019, 12:16:02 PM »

If Bailey can actually make some baskets he is going to be a good one.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2019, 12:20:22 PM »
The what and the who?!

Bailey has short arms.  And referring to his defense.  Have u watched a game this year?

Jamal a better rebounder n shooter.
Bailey a hair better defender n less turnovers. And no hesitation in his game.  Right chiice or not thats the way Wojo went.  Kudos to jamal on answering the bell.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2019, 12:33:10 PM »
Bailey has short arms.  And referring to his defense.  Have u watched a game this year?

Jamal a better rebounder n shooter.
Bailey a hair better defender n less turnovers. And no hesitation in his game.  Right chiice or not thats the way Wojo went.  Kudos to jamal on answering the bell.
And I suppose Bailey is slow footed on defense too hahaha. Stop being a clown
No Finish Line

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2019, 12:34:35 PM »
Bailey has short arms?? He's used his length/wingspan do be highly disruptive multiple times this season, Georgetown game being the best example
This
No Finish Line

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2019, 01:52:56 PM »
Jamal had another nice game last night. Getting confidence is gonna be huge for us down the stretch. I like that he looks for his own shot a little bit better than BB. Certainly a disrupter on the boards and has been a lot more within himself when being active with his hands on defense.

He doesn't need to set the world on fire. He just needs to do what he has been doing in the past 2 games to help solidify our depth. Wojo is really getting the most out of his bench lately.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2019, 01:54:40 PM »
He and Bailey both played 14 last night.    Morrow only played 7 because Theo was en fuego.    But I would take what I saw out of BB and Cain every game going forward.     

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2019, 04:11:27 PM »
Bailey is 6'8 with a 6'10 wingspan. He has his shortcomings, but short arms certainly is not one of them.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2019, 04:18:31 PM »
He and Bailey both played 14 last night.    Morrow only played 7 because Theo was en fuego.    But I would take what I saw out of BB and Cain every game going forward.   
Yep.  While similar in height, each brings different attributes to the game.  We need both going forward.  They did play well together for a spell during last night’s comeback from being down 37-29 while Sacar and Joey were on the bench.