'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Steve Taylor on Brett  (Read 8981 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Steve Taylor on Brett
« on: April 01, 2014, 03:41:21 PM »
Yikes.

Andrew Gruman @AndrewGruman
Steve Taylor on Buzz leaving "I was OK with it. I'm not surprised he hasn't contacted me yet. I kind of saw that coming."

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
Re: Steve Taylor on Buzz
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 03:41:55 PM »
Why is that Yikes??

Reading way to much into that.   What did you want him to say

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Steve Taylor on Brett
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 03:42:13 PM »
Yikes.

Andrew Gruman @AndrewGruman
Steve Taylor on Buzz leaving "I was OK with it. I'm not surprised he hasn't contacted me yet. I kind of saw that coming."

Wow...That speaks volumes...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 03:43:22 PM »
Why is that Yikes??

Really?
Reads to me like he's not at all disappointed that the former coach left.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
Really?

That's makes two of us.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »
Really?

I see that as "Buzz didn't give a damn about me"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
It would appear that he and Buzz did not see eye to eye.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 03:51:35 PM »
From what I have heard since Buzz left, Taylor like JJJ and Mayo, did not see eye to eye with Buzz on many things and were sat as a result. Taylor was planning on transferring at the end of the year.

Now that Buzz is gone, we have a better chance of Steve staying than we did before.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »
Why is that Yikes??

You'd probably expect the opposite in a normal departure: "It sucks that the coach who brought me here is gone.  It's surprising he hasn't contacted me yet, but I know he must be really busy.  I didn't see it coming."  Not basically "good riddance".

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 03:53:27 PM »
From what I have heard since Buzz left, Taylor like JJJ and Mayo, did not see eye to eye with Buzz on many things and were sat as a result. Taylor was planning on transferring at the end of the year.

Now that Buzz is gone, we have a better chance of Steve staying than we did before.
I'm starting to understand the player rotations

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 03:55:04 PM »
Wonder what the roster shakeup would've been like had Buzz stayed. Wow
No Finish Line

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 03:56:21 PM »

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »
Seems like Buzz left just in time... maybe a year too late (for his own good, too)
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 03:57:14 PM »
Buzz wanted ST Jr. to redshirt, Taylor refused, resulting in his lack of playing time even after getting healthy. They did not see eye to eye. ST Jr. is a difference maker which we will see next year.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 03:57:26 PM »
Buzz seemed to have some issues with just about anyone who could actually score. But he had a love affair with Derrick and Jamil. Go figure.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 03:58:31 PM »
Seems like Buzz left just in time... maybe a year too late (for his own good, too)
I could see this becoming a pattern for Buzz's entire career. Some guys wear out their welcomes very quick
No Finish Line

rabid652

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »

A healthy and motivated Taylor Jr returning to form would pair very nicely with Dawson, Wilson, Burton and Mayo.  Depending on what Fischer brings and anything we can get out of the upcoming freshman, next year could be very good.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 04:01:32 PM »
This is similar to what we heard from New Orleans alumni and players after Buzz left them for the Assistant job at Marquette. They warned us.

Very different from what we're hearing from Wojo's players, coach and fans at Duke.

We are headed for better times. I just hope that it also means we're going to win some bball games while we're getting all of the feel-good stuff we've been missing :)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 04:09:57 PM »
Paint Touches @PaintTouches
Interesting that Todd Mayo said Buzz Williams leaving was "a change that was needed." Wouldn't divulge further, but that's telling.

brandx

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 04:26:16 PM »

Not surprising - there was no chemistry on the team this year. First time in six years that they were the team that was consistently being out-hustled.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 04:27:53 PM »
Wonder what Ox's actual thought's about Buzz are
No Finish Line

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 04:31:41 PM »

Well was interesting at Senior Day speeches, none of the seniors thanked Buzz by name - other than Otule...which of course we know they had a strong bond.

The others guys all thanked academic staff, trainers, etc...but never named Buzz.  Pretty shocking actually.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 04:33:50 PM »
The fact the Ox said he was not working as hard in practice as he should is a good indication what he was feeling. I am beginning to think Jamil's dissapointing year had more to do with players not wanting to play for Buzz. At some point Buzz lost this team.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »
Well was interesting at Senior Day speeches, none of the seniors thanked Buzz by name - other than Otule...which of course we know they had a strong bond.

The others guys all thanked academic staff, trainers, etc...but never named Buzz.  Pretty shocking actually.

That's very true.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 04:39:38 PM »

I was going to bring that up.  At lunch post game my brother in law noticed that O'Tule was the only one to personally thank Buzz.  That says a ton.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »

Really good point... I still like what I know about Buzz as a person. He's still a young coach, and may have fractured some relationships in the midst of the frustrations of this past year
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 05:04:06 PM »
I said a few months ago that Steve would no longer play for MU if Buzz stayed. I'm glad it turned out the way it has...Now lets lock down Hill.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 07:06:55 PM »
Going to be a fun few weeks and months.

Oh, and F U BUZZ

brandx

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 07:23:10 PM »
I could see this becoming a pattern for Buzz's entire career. Some guys wear out their welcomes very quick

Buzz Williams - the Keith Olbermann of coaching!!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 08:33:24 PM »
Hopefully the boys will enter next season with a chip on their shoulder.  Wojo should post a picture of Brent just outside the locker room so it's the last thing they see on the way to Al's court.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 08:46:53 PM »
Hopefully the boys will enter next season with a chip on their shoulder.  Wojo should post a picture of Brent just outside the locker room so it's the last thing they see on the way to Al's court.

I kind of like this idea
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback