[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hank, The Dog  (Read 8970 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Hank, The Dog
« on: March 25, 2014, 06:13:36 PM »
Thought maybe we should take a pointer or two from the Brewers and talk about somethin' else to deflect from the real problems at hand, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Hank, The Dog
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 06:15:12 PM »
Hank ain't no pointer.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 06:18:37 PM »

mufansince72

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »
I'm into conspiracies.  I'm not believing he is a well trained friendly stray that just happened to wander into Brewers training camp.  I'm thinking brilliant PR strategy by Antanasio and the boys to deflect attention away from Ryan Braun in Spring Training.   :o

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »
That's what I'm sayin', kin.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »
I don't think we're at the stray dog point of the coaching search yet.  The Brewers have been bringing in stray dogs to play first base for the past year.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 08:56:40 PM »
Am I just a bumbug or is the Hank story really stupid? 

Feels like a too-old sit-com, as a last ditch effort, they need to add a new character to make the show better .. which is likely true with the Brewers.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 08:57:39 PM »
Where did the tulips come from?  It's 23 degrees here in Brew City

hepennypacker5000

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 08:57:50 PM »

Feels like a too-old sit-com, as a last ditch effort, they need to add a new character to make the show better .. which is likely true with the Brewers.

So you're saying the Brewers have jumped the shark?

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 09:05:05 PM »
So you're saying the Brewers have jumped the shark?

No, they've jumped the sausage.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 09:07:10 PM »
Hank to Virginia Tech and the Nationals! #donedeal
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

chapman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 09:12:47 PM »
Where did the tulips come from?  It's 23 degrees here in Brew City

Part of the conspiracy, he was from Milwaukee all along and this certainly proves it as this photo had to have been taken last summer.

Just a cheeky Photoshop from the MU Twitter.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 09:14:51 PM »

Ach, the ramblings of a bitter Twins fan.
Ludum habemus.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »
Ach, the ramblings of a bitter Twins fan.

I resemble those comments.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 10:40:22 PM »
I'm a Brewers fan and I think the Hank story is really stupid.  I think it mostly appeals to people who don't care about baseball.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 10:43:43 PM »
Hank tee's for sale at Miller Park store already.  Would be fun to see when those orders were placed.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 10:44:16 PM »
I'm a Brewers fan and I think the Hank story is really stupid.  I think it mostly appeals to people who don't care about baseball.

So it should have been done for the Cubs.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 10:45:10 PM »
Don't get me wrong - I love the story of an underdog - but they're pushing the whole Hank story awfully, awfully hard/

... dammit, he's cute, though.

Must find MU sweaters for the dogs for next season.  Nothing will piss off Mrs. CA quite like seeing the dogs decked out in MU garb  ;D
Relax. Respect the Process.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 11:09:43 PM »

Wait, Braun ironically used synthetic performance enhancers to increase his power output on the field? Then lied about it while smearing the names of others with malice? And you expect me to forget all...ohmygodaPUPPY!!!!!
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 11:32:16 PM »
Wait, Braun ironically used synthetic performance enhancers to increase his power output on the field? Then lied about it while smearing the names of others with malice? And you expect me to forget all...ohmygodaPUPPY!!!!!

Haha well done!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 01:30:36 AM »
I don't think we're at the stray dog point of the coaching search yet.  The Brewers have been bringing in stray dogs to play first base for the past year.

Cecil Cooper played through last year?

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 05:53:17 AM »
So it should have been done for the Cubs.

Much better mascot than a half-naked cartoon bear.
Have some patience, FFS.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 06:13:01 AM »

Don't tell Wainwright that

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 08:07:11 AM »

#winning

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 10:48:18 PM »

LOL!

Tip of the hat to you, Jake

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »
Looks like Hank got hungry at the Racing Hotdog's expense...

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/news/articles/hankthedogaprilfools.html

OUCH!!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 11:45:57 AM »
Have some patience, FFS.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 11:49:19 AM »
Caught Homer's show yesterday. On the day of a huge sports story for MU, MU's play by play radio announcer, Homer (named probably because he is a Pack Homer) spent the first 40 minutes of his show ranting and raving about Hank the Dog's issues. I do not get that sense of priority.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 11:52:19 AM »
Caught Homer's show yesterday. On the day of a huge sports story for MU, MU's play by play radio announcer, Homer (named probably because he is a Pack Homer) spent the first 40 minutes of his show ranting and raving about Hank the Dog's issues. I do not get that sense of priority.

And then spent most of the rest of the show talking Aaron Rodgers and the Packers due to some Colin Cowherd statements. Pretty poor showing by the flagship for MU. Sports Comm team should get on that.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 11:55:07 AM »
I heard his sidekick (sorry 1st time listener and forgot his name) ripping on Wojo for speaking in a monotone voice yet almost crying when he mentioned his family. He thought it crazy that a man would cry about that.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 12:00:02 PM »
I heard his sidekick (sorry 1st time listener and forgot his name) ripping on Wojo for speaking in a monotone voice yet almost crying when he mentioned his family. He thought it crazy that a man would cry about that.

That was Mitch Nelles. He often time takes the anti-Homer view on MU as a foil, I'd like to think it's a bit staged. One of the "why would anyone cheer against Madison, even if you went to MU because they're not real rivals" crowd.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 12:06:47 PM »
That was Mitch Nelles. He often time takes the anti-Homer view on MU as a foil, I'd like to think it's a bit staged. One of the "why would anyone cheer against Madison, even if you went to MU because they're not real rivals" crowd.

funny you posted that because they also discussed exactly that

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 12:10:00 PM »
funny you posted that because they also discussed exactly that

I listened to the show yesterday hoping to hear some MU commentary. Was sorely disappointed.

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 12:52:14 PM »

Man, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I tuned in specifically to hear about Wojo and hear some good news about MU hoops for a change and I have to listen to Cowherd's stupid remarks about Aaron Rodgers and they ran his clip like 100x. WHO CARES!!!

Normally I'm a big Homer fan and love listening to him, but he totally blew it yesterday; Wojo becoming our head coach is way huger news than a stupid dog mascot or what some blowhard talking head thinks about Rodgers's effort in the playoffs.

Please apologize Homer!

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 12:58:31 PM »
Agreed...I don't typically tune into Milwaukee sports radio (1250 or 540), but thought I'd listen in yesterday...sorely disappointed.  I'll leave that off my dial til I need to listen in on games.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »
Man, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I tuned in specifically to hear about Wojo and hear some good news about MU hoops for a change and I have to listen to Cowherd's stupid remarks about Aaron Rodgers and they ran his clip like 100x. WHO CARES!!!

Normally I'm a big Homer fan and love listening to him, but he totally blew it yesterday; Wojo becoming our head coach is way huger news than a stupid dog mascot or what some blowhard talking head thinks about Rodgers's effort in the playoffs.

Please apologize Homer!

I missed the first hour yesterday.  When I turned it on, I was immersed in the Arod/Cowherd sports opera, thinking that I had missed some vital discussion about Wojo.  Instead, we get the ESPNized pop culture, he said - she said this, crap.  Thanks for Kardashianizing sports ESPN!!! 

Cowherd has 0 analytical skill and Homer is about a 2-3 on that scale.  Thunder is about annoying as it gets and reminds of a male cheerleader who was also the leader of drama club in high school.  In other words, he's Rob Schneider in that famous SNL skit:  Richmeister.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 01:05:08 PM »
Frankly they reply to tweeters and texters (especially Nelles). If you ask @espnhomer might get a response but otherwise expect packers/brewers/badgers talk.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2014, 01:33:47 PM »
I think Mitch went to UW. He is clueless with that statement.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.