'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jerry Palm's take on Marquette  (Read 8971 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Jerry Palm's take on Marquette
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 05:42:41 PM »
Not sure what you missed about my post CBB, but I trust his judgment very much as to whether he thinks someone will/will not make the tournament, more than anybody else that does this, and particularly Lunardi. I like him for a lot of the same reasons you like him. He's done it on his own, calls it like he sees it and does so in a pretty entertaining way.

That being said, even after the wins over UL and nova in the BE tournament, he still had MU on his Fence Sitters page last year, and acknowledged as such in some Facebook comments we made back and forth. Still didn't consider them a lock after both of those wins last year, regardless of where he had them seeded in his brackets at the time.

I still think he's pretty conservative when calling someone a lock IMHO.

I got the part about you trusting his judgment overall.  Where I was puzzled and remain so is why you were saying he didn't have MU in the tournament.... "never had MU in last year, even after the win over UL or either of the wins in the BE tourney".   That just isn't factually correct.  He had MU in his brackets starting Feb 24th, more than a week before we played UL and several weeks before we played in the BE Tournament.  That's where I was struggling with your comments.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 07:24:57 PM »
Seems to me you and I were judging in differently. To me in is in as in a lock to be in the tournament, zero tension on Selection Sunday.
GO WARRIORS!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 08:19:20 PM »
Seems to me you and I were judging in differently. To me in is in as in a lock to be in the tournament, zero tension on Selection Sunday.

That's probably the disconnect...thanks.  To me, "in" was merely in his bracket.  Peace

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 08:50:25 PM »
Easier said then done.  Schedules are made before we know their RPIs.

Should Cottingham hire an advanced scout for "buy games"?

"Realtime" RPI just updated their numbers to include the UWM loss from 24 hours ago....they now have them at 107 as well.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 02:15:42 AM »
It's highly unlikely, but we could really use a UW-M win at Cleveland State on Thursday. That coupled with a Marquette win at UConn would be a really nice pair of belated birthday presents to me.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.