'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Liam's situation could be career threatening?  (Read 8981 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Liam's situation could be career threatening?
« on: March 24, 2009, 11:09:17 PM »
Is that true?  Got an email earlier today suggesting that might be the case but no details.

EDIT:  I'm asking the question to see if anyone else has heard anything.  He/she said more tests to be run but no details.  Total conjecture, but wondering if anyone else has info. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:27:54 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

New Era Warriors

• Starter
Re: Liam's situation could be career threatening?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:19:44 PM »
Who did you get that email from?

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 11:21:02 PM »
So what is his situation?  I thought he had a stress fracture in a foot like Otule. Didn't sound all that serious. Is it more than that?  

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »
from listening to Buzz's post season presser it sounded like he had a mtg regarding this prior to it and there aren't any updates as of now.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 11:24:12 PM »
Who did you get that email from?

A friend.... that is what he/she had heard.  More tests or something to run and that this was one of the possibilities. 

Again, no idea if this is true which is why I'm posting it as a question to see if anyone else is hearing this.

I certainly hope it isn't true, but most importantly would like to see him healthy. 

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 11:27:07 PM »
I know it has nothing to do with his foot injury, right?

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:34:27 PM »
Buzz said Liam was lightheaded etc. the week before the tourney, went for some tests, and went for futehr tests this week.  Nothing to do with his foot.  Buzz had a meeting today, he said on his radio show last night.  But no word.  There are probably HIPPA rules which prevent letting this stuff out, so we may not know much for a while.

I pray he's going to be fine.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 11:42:50 PM »
From Rosiak's story posted this evening:

"Then there's the case of 7-0 Canadian redshirt Liam McMorrow, who Williams said is continuing to undergo testing for a medical condition he wouldn't specify that could make his status for next season uncertain."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/41796757.html

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 01:07:00 AM »
From Rosiak's story posted this evening:

"Then there's the case of 7-0 Canadian redshirt Liam McMorrow, who Williams said is continuing to undergo testing for a medical condition he wouldn't specify that could make his status for next season uncertain."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/41796757.html

Aiyeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!   ?-(
SS Marquette

Norm

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 01:21:29 AM »
I don't have any inside info whatsoever, but my guess is it probably has something to do with his heart. Since Hank Gathers, heart conditions have shut down the career of numerous athletes.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 06:43:38 AM »
Marfans?  Hope not.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 07:51:15 AM »
Marfans?  Hope not.

Gathers had an acute arrhythmia, not Marfan Syndrome. Marfan did take Flo Hyman as a young woman (one of the greatest US volleyball players of all time).  Scary stuff

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 08:26:34 AM »
Wow once again Chicos is sooooo well connected that he gets an email about it a week after Buzz has spoken about it.  Wow.   Please tell us who it was Bobby Knight?  peyton Manning, Barbara Streisand?  please please tell us.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 08:29:57 AM »
Wow once again Chicos is sooooo well connected that he gets an email about it a week after Buzz has spoken about it.  Wow.   Please tell us who it was Bobby Knight?  peyton Manning, Barbara Streisand?  please please tell us.

Seriously, get off it.  As usual, your post has no relevance to the discussion at hand, and is completely devoid of any objective value.

Anyway, I hope Liam is alright.  Losing him for next year would be unfortunate, and it would be even worse to find out that such a young guy was stuck with something that would keep him from pursuing his career.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:32:28 AM by BirkieWarrior »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 08:31:21 AM »
Eddy Curry also had a potential heart condition that led the Bulls to trade him to New York because of his refusal to undergo genetic testing to alleviate their concerns about his safety.

Also, didn't Reggie Lewis have a heart problem?

I hope Liam is OK.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 08:46:06 AM »

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 08:47:56 AM »
Back before the team left for Boise Buzz said that the tests "didn't look good" and that he'd "have to meet with the doctors" and that Liam couldn't travel with the team to Boise.  I'm sorry guys but that doesn't sound very good.  Doctor (s) plural and not being allowed to travel to the NCAA's (Which would be a great experience you wouldn't want a red-shirt to miss)  It sure sounds career threatening.  All we can do is pray.

Now for a selfish rant.  What the heck is it with us and injury/illness thing.  The amount of bad luck this team has been dealing with is way out of proportion.  I'm starting to think there is some kind of hex on MU.  

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 09:05:15 AM »
I was just thinking the same thing. Seems as if we are cursed. Hope Liam is OK, and if it is something serious I'm glad they caught it now.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 09:38:36 AM »
Hexes are for losers.  And Cubs fans.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 09:45:31 AM »

aren't they one in the same?

hope liam is ok.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Warrior Forever

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »

I'm sorry.  I've been blinded by all the championship bling from Miller Park.

Godspeed to Liam.

M@RQUETTEW@RRIORS

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 09:52:38 AM »
Back before the team left for Boise Buzz said that the tests "didn't look good" and that he'd "have to meet with the doctors" and that Liam couldn't travel with the team to Boise.  I'm sorry guys but that doesn't sound very good.  Doctor (s) plural and not being allowed to travel to the NCAA's (Which would be a great experience you wouldn't want a red-shirt to miss)  It sure sounds career threatening.  All we can do is pray.

Now for a selfish rant.  What the heck is it with us and injury/illness thing.  The amount of bad luck this team has been dealing with is way out of proportion.  I'm starting to think there is some kind of hex on MU.  

Amen Bro! On both counts!  How much of this can possibly happen to MU? :'(

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
Yea this was brought up a week ago.  At the time, Buzz said "It did not look good".  Considering how honest the guy is, I took it to mean "It did not look good".  He has since qualified that by saying it is not life threatening but it definitely could be career threatening. 

For Liam, I will pray for him and hope for the best.  I am glad that whatever he might have, that they found out about it before something happened to the young man.   

From MU persepective, I didn't mind losing Riley at the time, but him picking Syracuse really hurts now.  Hopefully we will be able to see Liam and his 7'0" athletic frame in the lineup next year.

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 10:06:27 AM »
Gathers had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy......... which is a thickening of the hear muscle, and is career ending as the muscle gets thicker and condition degenerates with further intense exercise.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 10:07:10 AM »
If Liam had the flu, he would have been lightheaded and likely not allowed on a team plane to Boise for fear of infecting his teammates. Let's not jump of a bridge on this one and leap to cardiomyopathy, marfans is diganosable by sight, he doesn't have it, or any other of a number of bad conditions to have.

No offense to Chicos, but a friend of an anonymous poster on a message board does not make Woodward and Bernstein's Deepthroat source. If there's something career threatening here, I'll wait to hear it from Scott Kuykendal, Liam, or Buzz before I believe it.