Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Homer and Tony Show No More  (Read 18346 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Homer and Tony Show No More
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2023, 07:27:34 AM »
If he’s such an “asset,” why y’all think Homer doesn’t host Shaka’s coaches show any longer? Why do you think he’s been relegated to an hour on local radio?

Exactly. Marquette knows he's toxic and has been moving away. As far as who else, literally anyone could do a better job. He's a mediocre announcer who doesn't have a good familiarity with or ability to explain the modern game, which is why his interviews with Nevada Smith are so painful.

Homer was fine in his day, but that day passed him by about a decade ago which is why Marquette has distanced themselves and why local ESPN has cut back his presence.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2023, 07:37:41 AM »
I enjoy Homer and Tony on the game call. Sometimes , if there is a lousy TV announcer like Pete Gillen or an ESPN announcer that doesn’t know that Marquette is in Milwaukee not Michigan, I will turn TV audio down and listen to radio
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Viper

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2023, 08:37:37 AM »
No we’re not.

https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2022/7/2/23192249/marquette-basketball-needs-a-better-voice
are you the guy that said get vax’d or risk spreading Covid? Wear a mask or be a bad citizen? Stay 6’ apart? Fauci disciple, maybe? All bs, and the clown doc should do time.

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2023, 09:28:13 AM »
Exactly. Marquette knows he's toxic and has been moving away. As far as who else, literally anyone could do a better job. He's a mediocre announcer who doesn't have a good familiarity with or ability to explain the modern game, which is why his interviews with Nevada Smith are so painful.

I’m not in Mil. nor do I listen to Homer on the radio broadcast…or show, so, how is he ‘toxic’. Inquiring minds want to know. 

Homer was fine in his day, but that day passed him by about a decade ago which is why Marquette has distanced themselves and why local ESPN has cut back his presence.

MarkMiller

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2023, 09:50:44 AM »
Homer and Tony Smith will continue to do Marquette basketball in 2023-24.

Personally, I think that is very good news.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2023, 09:56:55 AM »
No we’re not.

https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2022/7/2/23192249/marquette-basketball-needs-a-better-voice

so there you have it...

i'm not a huge fan of homer's, but whenever i do come across his voice, i do stop and listen for a bit.  he has a unique style of calling MUbb.  i liked him when he was with george and mac of course, but tony is ok too.   

al mcguire had a few controversial remarks, as did rick majerus and we could go on and on.  if ya don't like homer, you're going to find some stuff.  as this is happening more and more today, you can find just about whatever you want in social media   
don't...don't don't don't don't

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2023, 09:58:12 AM »
Glad to hear. Need to separate the MU brand from Homer if we want to keep recruiting talent. He's alienated a lot of folks.

What recruit decided against a scholarship offer from Marquette because he didn't like our radio play-by-play guy? And if "he has alienated a lot of folks", name three?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2023, 10:01:52 AM »
What recruit decided against a scholarship offer from Marquette because he didn't like our radio play-by-play guy? And if "he has alienated a lot of folks", name three?

well, he's alienated sully and if that's not enough...do you know who HE is???  why sully might just be in the top 25,000 MUBB boosters club donors err sumpin.  plus he has a gazillion posts on scoop

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2023, 10:36:28 AM »
are you the guy that said get vax’d or risk spreading Covid? Wear a mask or be a bad citizen? Stay 6’ apart? Fauci disciple, maybe? All bs, and the clown doc should do time.

I’m not a public figure posting nonsense on Twitter. He is.

And yeah. Get vaxxed. Pretty dumb if you don’t.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2023, 10:37:31 AM »
Homer and Tony Smith will continue to do Marquette basketball in 2023-24.

Personally, I think that is very good news.

That’s a shame.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2023, 10:38:03 AM »
well, he's alienated sully and if that's not enough...do you know who HE is???  why sully might just be in the top 25,000 MUBB boosters club donors err sumpin.  plus he has a gazillion posts on scoop

Oh I’m a complete nobody. But he clearly has alienated some.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2023, 11:08:32 AM »
I’m not a public figure posting nonsense on Twitter. He is.

And yeah. Get vaxxed. Pretty dumb if you don’t.

why are people who CHOOSE not to vax "dumb" people?  because it's your, doc fettucine' and brain freeze-ice cream breath's opinion?

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2023, 11:29:49 AM »
   why are people who CHOOSE not to vax "dumb" people?  because it's your, doc fettucine' and brain freeze-ice cream breath's opinion?

Because they are making themselves more likely to die from a deadly disease. Pretty obvious.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2023, 11:37:48 AM »

Oh the irony.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2023, 11:46:06 AM »
Softies
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

panda

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2023, 12:12:36 PM »

The poor guy wants to work less as he gets older and this garbage gets spewed out for an explanation as to why…

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2023, 12:29:31 PM »
The poor guy wants to work less as he gets older and this garbage gets spewed out for an explanation as to why…

Keep spinning.

panda

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2023, 12:35:33 PM »
Keep spinning.

No spin - unless you consider him telling me a spin zone

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2023, 12:37:01 PM »
Because they are making themselves more likely to die from a deadly disease. Pretty obvious.
Data actually shows if you are vaccinated you are more likely to get Covid. Then you have a 99.008 % chance of surviving   Numerous peer-reviewed studies have been published with these findings.

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2023, 01:16:41 PM »
No spin - unless you consider him telling me a spin zone

Trying to figure out which one of you is lying…

Think I’m going with you.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2023, 01:17:16 PM »

You’re actually arguing with this moron?

Shame on you.

panda

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2023, 01:19:23 PM »
Trying to figure out which one of you is lying…

Think I’m going with you.

He told me. A friend of mine works at ESPN Milwaukee also told me. It could very well all be one big lie. But I trust what I know.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2023, 01:27:41 PM »
He told me. A friend of mine works at ESPN Milwaukee also told me. It could very well all be one big lie. But I trust what I know.

Could just be the story they are going with. I’m sure they could find another play by play guy somewhere. I don’t think Novak could do it.

panda

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2023, 01:29:28 PM »
Could just be the story they are going with. I’m sure they could find another play by play guy somewhere. I don’t think Novak could do it.

Or sometimes the truth is right in front of your face

feedback