'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by 🏀
[Today at 04:02:44 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 02:26:40 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine  (Read 4766 times)

WeAreMarquette96

• Scholarship Player
Re: Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2024, 07:08:14 PM »
For Marquettes sake, hope Karaban stays in the draft. Him and McNeeley would be likely best shooting 3/4 combo in CBB

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2024, 10:58:01 PM »
Excellent day for TyKo
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2024, 02:29:54 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2024, 06:26:37 PM »
Dung Willie in disarray

Never forget about that growing gap, guys.

romey

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2024, 07:38:10 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5503204/2024/05/19/bronny-james-nba-draft-combine-takeaways/?source=pulsenewsletter&campaign=9892193&userId=9672019

I like the line about Ben Gold possibly sitting in the same space a year from now.   

I haven't been to the site lately, but in the link, it was stated Tyler Kolek may have hurt his draft stock by not participating in the five-on-five games.  Does anyone have any intel on why?

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM »
I have vicarious PTSD from Justin Lewis pulling out of the combine scrimmages. That memory makes it hard to feel like sitting out is ever the right decision for a non-lottery pick. I'm sure Kolek's decision was agent-driven. I hope they're right.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #34 on: Today at 09:05:12 AM »
I have vicarious PTSD from Justin Lewis pulling out of the combine scrimmages. That memory makes it hard to feel like sitting out is ever the right decision for a non-lottery pick. I'm sure Kolek's decision was agent-driven. I hope they're right.

I get it, but different situations. Justin had one breakout year. Tyler is a two-time All-American and won a BE POTY. He's a far more proven quantity at this point.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:46:15 AM »
I get it, but different situations. Justin had one breakout year. Tyler is a two-time All-American and won a BE POTY. He's a far more proven quantity at this point.

TKO is more accomplished collegiately sure, but I could sure see an argument that Justin was a better prospect post combine than TKO is right now. 
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: Today at 10:04:22 AM »
TKO is more accomplished collegiately sure, but I could sure see an argument that Justin was a better prospect post combine than TKO is right now.

Not sure about that. Tyler has some legit NBA level skills. His passing, vision, and shooting are all NBA level. I don't know that Justin was elite enough at any one thing to be a better prospect. Though I also would've liked to see TK play.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #37 on: Today at 10:13:09 AM »
Not sure about that. Tyler has some legit NBA level skills. His passing, vision, and shooting are all NBA level. I don't know that Justin was elite enough at any one thing to be a better prospect. Though I also would've liked to see TK play.

I agree with brew here. Tyler is way better at his role (PG) than Justin was in his. Really the biggest concerns with Tyler is his shooting (which he addressed at the combine and likely is why he didn't play) and his defense.

Justin was average athletically and not really elite at anything.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #38 on: Today at 10:16:05 AM »

He's also well below average on many of the physical aspects of the game, 3 years older than Justin was, and in a a historically weak draft.  Justin was not elite at any specific skill, but had the dimensions where all it took was one team thinking they could develop his shot.

Love TKO, hope he can stick, but there's a reason that there's not a ton of below the rim players in the NBA.  Also, did not say that Justin was a better prospect, just that I can see an argument that he is.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #39 on: Today at 10:19:08 AM »
He's also well below average on many of the physical aspects of the game, 3 years older than Justin was, and in a a historically weak draft.  Justin was not elite at any specific skill, but had the dimensions where all it took was one team thinking they could develop his shot.

Love TKO, hope he can stick, but there's a reason that there's not a ton of below the rim players in the NBA.  Also, did not say that Justin was a better prospect, just that I can see an argument that he is.

I think he'll stick, but could envision a scenario he doesn't. I don't think there is any chance he's in danger of falling out of the top 40. I expect him to go first round.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #40 on: Today at 10:19:26 AM »

If there is any position that can be below the rim in the NBA, it would be at PG.

I think he'll stick, but could envision a scenario he doesn't. I don't think there is any chance he's in danger of falling out of the top 40. I expect him to go first round.

Completely agree here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #41 on: Today at 10:25:54 AM »

Agreed, he'll get a shot, I just hope he can adjust to a game where everyone is bigger/faster/stronger on both ends of the court.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #42 on: Today at 10:26:47 AM »
I haven't been to the site lately, but in the link, it was stated Tyler Kolek may have hurt his draft stock by not participating in the five-on-five games.  Does anyone have any intel on why?

Let's let him answer that in his own words:
Kolek opted out of the combine's five-on-five games, which can often look like disorganized pickup runs.

"We just thought that the brand of basketball that they play here isn't the style that I play," he said. "I'm getting people involved, I'm sharing the ball, playing the right way.

"It felt like a lot of guys are just trying to get their games off here. Not trying to play the right way. It wouldn't showcase what I can do the best of my ability."

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #43 on: Today at 11:22:07 AM »
Well, Jeremy Lynn had some success in the NBA. Ty's play is similar to Lynn's IMHO, but you guys would know better than me.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #44 on: Today at 01:42:55 PM »
Let's let him answer that in his own words:
Kolek opted out of the combine's five-on-five games, which can often look like disorganized pickup runs.

"We just thought that the brand of basketball that they play here isn't the style that I play," he said. "I'm getting people involved, I'm sharing the ball, playing the right way.

"It felt like a lot of guys are just trying to get their games off here. Not trying to play the right way. It wouldn't showcase what I can do the best of my ability."

Also, Tyler can't read so he didn't know what time the game was
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.