[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IU Game Thread  (Read 35410 times)

Bad_Reporter

• All American
Re: IU Game Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 14, 2018, 09:46:13 PM »
Nice, kept them under 100

This made me laugh.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #301 on: November 14, 2018, 09:46:28 PM »
Your memory must be better than mine, but I remember it differently.  When North Carolina was up by 31 points in the second half, I suppose that is when we went on a run and started competing?

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/gametracker/playbyplay/NCAAB_20110325_MARQET@NC

You seem angry.  We lost an early season game against a team that is better than us on the road.  Now let's see what the team is made of and how they respond.

Carolina was also one of the best teams in the country...that's a LOT different then getting your doors blown off by a decent IU team..that you should be better then. This is the same IU team that I guarantee you will look terrible against a mediocre at best UW team this year.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #302 on: November 14, 2018, 09:46:36 PM »
I'm extremely disappointed and unlike you I'm up till 4am to watch this crap so I have a legit reason to be upset.

I am saying your assertion that Buzz's team never got blown out is wrong. Even his best team (11-12) got smacked hard at home to Vanderbilt and in year 5 got smacked by a pretty average Florida team.

Why the F are we even comparing Wojo to Buzz. There’s no comparison. It doesn’t matter if Buzz had a few teams blown out. He won at the best level at MU since Al.  You can tolerate a Buzz team getting blown out, because he’d coached us to many great wins and great seasons. Skins on the wall matter.

Guy Fieri's Dad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #303 on: November 14, 2018, 09:46:53 PM »
Bad free throw shooting tonight

You mean playing

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #304 on: November 14, 2018, 09:46:58 PM »
If this were the first season Wojo skeptics were saying this, you might be right. If this were the second season Wojo skeptics were saying this, you might have an argument. If this were the fifth season Wojo skeptics were saying this, you might be completely insane.

Can't wait for November Madness. How bout you???

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #305 on: November 14, 2018, 09:47:30 PM »
I swear, I thought I read on multiple occasions last year about how Morrow was the best player on the team in practice.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #306 on: November 14, 2018, 09:47:47 PM »
What's sad is this same Indiana team will look TERRIBLE against a mediocre at best UW team this year...you watch.

You sure Wisconsin is mediocre?  Isn't the flip side of the argument also true? We will beat some teams that will beat some top level teams (like St. John's beating Duke last year).  It happens, part of sports and college basketball.  Take a breath.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #307 on: November 14, 2018, 09:48:00 PM »
5-23 from 3.  Many of the misses were wide open looks.  If you are a 3 point shooting team and you do the, you are going to be blown out of the water by any half decent team.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #308 on: November 14, 2018, 09:48:08 PM »
Not sure we can say Markus is a good shooter after UMBC and tonight
Yaeh, I guess 45% from 3 over two years can’t make you overlook 2 games.   Go away.

For those new posters out tonight like it’s your first night trick or treating, where are you other days?  You’re only here to bitch?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #309 on: November 14, 2018, 09:49:26 PM »
A well coached team can typically overcome physical difficiencies.  Scheme, execution and attention to detail can keep a team competitive.  I don’t think MU is way off physically.  Scheme-wise it’s just hope Markus gets hot and stays hot.  Lazy passes, low effort, out worked are all squarely on Coach.  It maybe early but this is concerning.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #310 on: November 14, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
Can't wait for November Madness. How bout you???
Well you must mean NIT Tip-off - which we’ll surely get stomped in! Or maybe you mean March Madness and are being facetious? If that’s the case, it’s a little more sad than funny because you and I both know we won’t be there....

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2018, 09:50:01 PM »
Carolina was also one of the best teams in the country...that's a LOT different then getting your doors blown off by a decent IU team..that you should be better then. This is the same IU team that I guarantee you will look terrible against a mediocre at best UW team this year.
Why should we be better than IIII?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #312 on: November 14, 2018, 09:50:13 PM »
Yaeh, I guess 45% from 3 over two years can’t make you overlook 2 games.   Go away.

For those new posters out tonight like it’s your first night trick or treating, where are you other days?  You’re only here to bitch?

F*ck off lighthouse I'm always around this forum don't act like I'm some lurker out to hate. It's a valid point to make that Howard is in a slump, whether it's because he has to create for himself or his success is in his head I don't know
Maigh Eo for Sam

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #313 on: November 14, 2018, 09:50:37 PM »

We have no idea how good this IU team is or how good MU is.  It's game 3.  That North Carolina team that year, lost back to back games against Minnesota and Vanderbilt.  The Gophers finished 6-12 that year.

Is this board always like this after a loss?  Crazy time.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #314 on: November 14, 2018, 09:50:43 PM »
Heaping praise after a victory over Bethune-Cookman is pointless.

mumagz84

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #315 on: November 14, 2018, 09:51:00 PM »
The shine on Wojo's rep is dulling as we watch this pathetic road performance of his "best" team's performance after its first ranking of his coaching tenure. I hope for better things in the coming months.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #316 on: November 14, 2018, 09:51:04 PM »
Speed matters.
Totally agree. Athletes matter. Yet this is the team Wojo put together. Sadly, this team despite some athletic limitation shouldn’t get pummeled like this.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #317 on: November 14, 2018, 09:51:32 PM »
Well you must mean NIT Tip-off - which we’ll surely get stomped in! Or maybe you mean March Madness and are being facetious? If that’s the case, it’s a little more sad than funny because you and I both know we won’t be there....
Can I please use this quote as my sig????

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #318 on: November 14, 2018, 09:54:22 PM »
Can I please use this quote as my sig????
Be my guest. We’ll see if you’re still as thrilled when it slowly and painfully comes to fruition.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #319 on: November 14, 2018, 09:54:45 PM »
5-23 from 3.  Many of the misses were wide open looks.  If you are a 3 point shooting team and you do the, you are going to be blown out of the water by any half decent team.

True, but there were also the usual poor fundamentals and soft defense that we have grown so accustomed to over the past few years.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #320 on: November 14, 2018, 09:55:04 PM »
F*ck off lighthouse I'm always around this forum don't act like I'm some lurker out to hate. It's a valid point to make that Howard is in a slump, whether it's because he has to create for himself or his success is in his head I don't know

It's the absence of Rowsey.  How some* here didn't think losing Rowsey was going to be a major blow to the team and adversely affect Sam/Markus was beyond me.

Rowsey turned in the best Value Add season at MU since D-Wade in 2003.  The guy made the game easier for everyone and created MAJOR spacing and clean looks for Sam/Markus.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #321 on: November 14, 2018, 09:56:56 PM »
Be my guest. We’ll see if you’re still as thrilled when it slowly and painfully comes to fruition.
How about a friendly wager?  If MU gets a bid, you start a threat titled "I'm eating crow ", if they don't, I'll start a thread with the same title and also include "wojo should be fired immediately". Fair?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #322 on: November 14, 2018, 09:58:32 PM »
You’re right.  You aren’t a lurker our to hate. You make lots of idiotic posts and for me not to remember all the crap posts you’ve had, I apologize.

F*ck off though?  Someone needs a timeout.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #323 on: November 14, 2018, 10:01:14 PM »
Quote from: WarriorDad link=topic=56894.msg1054244#msg1054244 date=15422533

We lost an early season game against a team that is better than us on the road. 
[/quote

We lost to a very young, inexperienced, unranked team forced to play shorthanded (4 guys in street clothes?) as the only ranked and most experienced team in the Wojo era. And it wasn't close. I think we'll be fine (weak conference, not a lot of great athletes) until we play an athletic team in the tournament.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #324 on: November 14, 2018, 10:02:08 PM »
Rowsey turned in the best Value Add season at MU since D-Wade in 2003.  The guy made the game easier for everyone and created MAJOR spacing and clean looks for Sam/Markus.

Rowsey turned in the 10th best Value Add season. He was second in value add last season behind Sam Hauser.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback