[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Recruit backs out of verbal, expect Bucky fans to rip him big time  (Read 2030 times)

Hamostradamus

• Scholarship Player
Madison — Now that Melvin Gordon has navigated a grueling recruitment and decided to join Wisconsin's 2011 freshman football class, the standout tailback from Kenosha Bradford can confess the most trying part of the process was backing out of his original commitment to Iowa.

Gordon gave the Hawkeyes a non-binding oral commitment in August before the start of his senior season. He changed his mind after rushing for more than 2,000 yards and leading Bradford to an 11-2 mark last season, and chose UW in December.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badgers/114881344.html
"ESPN -- is the one who told us what to do." - Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Recruit backs out of verbal, expect Bucky fans to rip him big time
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 01:33:53 PM »
My lord...I hope the Badger faithful give him the abuse he clearly deserves. And I hope they also make sure that the school that continued to recruit a kid after he had already verballed is taken to task for their indiscretions. Disgraceful, really.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »
I am certain Madison didn't recruit him.  He most likely drove himself to the Football Offices and kept knocking on the door until they finally let him in.  Then he had to promise to do 100 hours of community service in Iowa City for each year he attends UW, because the UW coaches felt so bad about him backing out of his commitment to Iowa.

Of course he had to promise to keep a 4.0 GPA as well.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 03:46:43 PM »
Kirk Ferentz must've cooled on him.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback