collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 321942 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #1150 on: November 17, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »
Apparently the NFL demanded that jesign a waiver not to sue the NFL in the future. Question is, did his team know of this beforehand?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1151 on: November 17, 2019, 09:56:41 AM »
Shocking that an NFL team won't sign a mediocre scramble 32 year old quarterback who hasn't played in 3 years, who doesn't shut up, is a distraction to teammates and a complete media circus.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1152 on: November 17, 2019, 10:22:16 AM »
Shocking that an NFL team won't sign a mediocre scramble 32 year old quarterback who hasn't played in 3 years, who doesn't shut up, is a distraction to teammates and a complete media circus.

LOL.  Sure.  He wasn't blackballed.  He's just bad, as opposed to all the other back ups out there, and he's "uppity."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1153 on: November 17, 2019, 10:27:18 AM »
Apparently the NFL demanded that jesign a waiver not to sue the NFL in the future. Question is, did his team know of this beforehand?

Apparently it was provided the day of. My guess is they said he would have to sign a liability waiver for "injury" but the language ended up being very broad, and included any lawsuits whatsoever. They balked at that language and the NFL said, our way or the highway.

I don't blame him at all for not signing and moving the workout. Seems like this was a sham set up by the NFL to make it look like they were working with him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1154 on: November 17, 2019, 10:36:31 AM »
For some, it was A-OK for the NFL to run an obvious three-ring circus (and likely scam) yesterday, and for others it was A-OK for Kaepernick to run his own circus.

As for how good, bad or mediocre he is (or was), that's up for debate.

In his last season, 2016, he ranked 17th in passer rating among qualifiers, just behind Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton and Alex Smith, and just ahead of Tyrod Taylor, Philip Rivers and Carson Palmer. He was 13th in TD% and 6th in INT%. His QBR was 21st. He also ran for 468 yards, averaging 6 yards a carry.

Statistically, he was a middle-of-the-pack QB, which certainly supports the belief of those who say he's "mediocre."

Although he had slipped some  from the level he played to lead the Niners to two straight NFC title games (and a Super Bowl), IMHO he wasn't a bad QB. We've all seen "bad" QBs, and most don't throw only 4 INTs in 331 passes over 12 games.

On talent alone, he was good enough to start for some teams that do field bad QBs, and he obviously was good enough to be the No. 1 backup on pretty much any team.

With him being 3 years removed from competition, no team would sign him to start now -- even if he didn't come with a three-ring circus.

He doesn't seem the type who would accept a backup role, though I haven't seen him quoted about that either way. Meanwhile, who could blame NFL teams for wanting to avoid dealing with the circus -- as well as likely fan backlash -- for a backup-level QB?

The anthem kneeling and the activism never bothered me. But I did not like the way he made generalizations suggesting that all cops were bad, the way he wore socks depicting cops as pigs, etc. He was an imperfect spokesperson for his own cause (but then again we're all imperfect), and like the rest of us he has to deal with the consequences of his words and deeds.

It's been an interesting story, that's for sure.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1155 on: November 17, 2019, 11:23:51 AM »

LOL.  Sure.  He wasn't blackballed.  He's just bad, as opposed to all the other back ups out there, and he's "uppity."

He opted out of his contract with the 49ers, did many stupid things that alienated law enforcement and those that support law enforcement...but sure...don’t mention those things.  He is a cherub.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1156 on: November 17, 2019, 11:35:50 AM »
He opted out of his contract with the 49ers, did many stupid things that alienated law enforcement and those that support law enforcement...but sure...don’t mention those things.  He is a cherub.

Kobe raped a woman, admitted "I understand why she thought it was rape". Played for years.

Roethlisberger has raped/assaulted a couple people...still playing.

But wear some controversial socks and kneel and you are blacklisted. Says a lot.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 11:46:25 AM by forgetful »

• All American
« Reply #1157 on: November 17, 2019, 11:37:30 AM »
Kobe raped a woman, admitted "I understand why she thought it was rape". Played for years.

Roethlisberger has raped/assaulted a couple people...still playing.

But where some controversial socks and kneel and you are blacklisted. Says a lot.

Yeah “alienated law enforcement.” 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1158 on: November 17, 2019, 03:17:02 PM »

He should have killed a woman while driving drunk like Leonard Little and Donte Stalllworth. Beat up his GF and threw her on a pile of guns like Greg Hardy. Pig socks are so much worse than those minor offenses
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

• All American
« Reply #1159 on: November 17, 2019, 07:27:08 PM »
SNF player introductions....my son and I have a theory that there is no better combination of picture, voice and school than "Bryan Bulaga....Iowa"

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1160 on: November 17, 2019, 07:37:48 PM »
SNF player introductions....my son and I have a theory that there is no better combination of picture, voice and school than "Bryan Bulaga....Iowa"

I love anyone from The U, if for no other reason it confuses my son everytime as to what that means.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1161 on: November 17, 2019, 08:48:57 PM »
For some, it was A-OK for the NFL to run an obvious three-ring circus (and likely scam) yesterday, and for others it was A-OK for Kaepernick to run his own circus.

As for how good, bad or mediocre he is (or was), that's up for debate.

In his last season, 2016, he ranked 17th in passer rating among qualifiers, just behind Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton and Alex Smith, and just ahead of Tyrod Taylor, Philip Rivers and Carson Palmer. He was 13th in TD% and 6th in INT%. His QBR was 21st. He also ran for 468 yards, averaging 6 yards a carry.

Statistically, he was a middle-of-the-pack QB, which certainly supports the belief of those who say he's "mediocre."

Although he had slipped some  from the level he played to lead the Niners to two straight NFC title games (and a Super Bowl), IMHO he wasn't a bad QB. We've all seen "bad" QBs, and most don't throw only 4 INTs in 331 passes over 12 games.

On talent alone, he was good enough to start for some teams that do field bad QBs, and he obviously was good enough to be the No. 1 backup on pretty much any team.

With him being 3 years removed from competition, no team would sign him to start now -- even if he didn't come with a three-ring circus.

He doesn't seem the type who would accept a backup role, though I haven't seen him quoted about that either way. Meanwhile, who could blame NFL teams for wanting to avoid dealing with the circus -- as well as likely fan backlash -- for a backup-level QB?

The anthem kneeling and the activism never bothered me. But I did not like the way he made generalizations suggesting that all cops were bad, the way he wore socks depicting cops as pigs, etc. He was an imperfect spokesperson for his own cause (but then again we're all imperfect), and like the rest of us he has to deal with the consequences of his words and deeds.

It's been an interesting story, that's for sure.

Well said Mike.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1162 on: November 17, 2019, 10:10:01 PM »
I’m fine if Daniel plays, but there could not be an odder time to put him in. So typical of Nagy to make a weird decision like that.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1163 on: November 17, 2019, 10:12:46 PM »
I’m fine if Daniel plays, but there could not be an odder time to put him in. So typical of Nagy to make a weird decision like that.

Right? In a game where Mitch wasn't the reason for them losing

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1164 on: November 17, 2019, 10:18:14 PM »
It also looked like to me Mitch was crying or fighting back tears when Nagy was talking to him.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1165 on: November 17, 2019, 10:21:53 PM »
It also looked like to me Mitch was crying or fighting back tears when Nagy was talking to him.

I'm guessing it was the severe pain from the "hip injury"

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1166 on: November 17, 2019, 10:24:32 PM »
I'm guessing it was the severe pain from the "hip injury"

That made me legit LOL.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1167 on: November 17, 2019, 10:40:07 PM »

Not sure what the purpose of playing Daniel is. He is not a long term solution. He isn't really even a solution.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1168 on: November 17, 2019, 10:49:50 PM »
My gut reaction without overthinking this take...Nagy decided to pull Mitch late in a national tv game, with the outcome semi-decided, to throw Mitch under the bus to save his own butt.

I can not come up with any other good reason for it at that particular time. There's no chance Mitch was hurt, no eff'n way.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1169 on: November 17, 2019, 11:09:35 PM »
My gut reaction without overthinking this take...Nagy decided to pull Mitch late in a national tv game, with the outcome semi-decided, to throw Mitch under the bus to save his own butt.

I can not come up with any other good reason for it at that particular time. There's no chance Mitch was hurt, no eff'n way.

If so, I'd like to be a fly on the wall for the next Nagy / Pace discussion.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1170 on: November 17, 2019, 11:12:58 PM »

Intriguing. Don't see that working either.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1171 on: November 17, 2019, 11:19:42 PM »
Conspiracy Dish has lots of questions after that Nagy post game presser.

Every game, I mean literally every game, Nagy opens his post game presser with injury news. Always does this. Every. Game. He did not do that tonight. Very, very odd.

Going back and watching the game, the only play Mitch could have got slightly hurt on was the Donald sack midway through the 4th quarter, but there's no way it would have been more than a bruise. If a QB got hurt earlier in the game, there's zero, zilch, nada chance the QB would be out there and running option plays in the 4th quarter (Bears claim Mitch got hurt in the second quarter).

I very much believe Nagy went rogue, pulled Mitch, Bears scrambled behind the scenes to get their stories straight for postgame.

Mitch's body language in his post game presser is dead man walking.

This is all a circus and a sideshow from the real problem...the team and organization suck.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1172 on: November 18, 2019, 06:46:02 AM »
This just in.....

'The Bears Still Suck!'

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1173 on: November 18, 2019, 07:18:14 AM »
If Nagy is really moving on from mitch, fine. But you need to move more pieces around. Trade Mack and maybe Hicks for picks. Need more draft availability.

Build around jackson/Smith on defense.

Not sure who to build around on offense?

• All American
« Reply #1174 on: November 18, 2019, 07:24:06 AM »
Bears shouldn’t move on from Mitch. He won’t get anything on the trade market anyway.

They should move on from Nagy.

feedback