[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 6 Marquette players ticketed for being in a night club  (Read 29370 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: 6 Marquette players ticketed for being in a night club
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2012, 01:57:56 PM »
I'm grateful for any college kid who can get into less trouble than I did way back when.

Of course, given that drinking age was 18 when I was at MU, cops arrested us for NOT being in bars.

In related news: Last October 16,  several members of the Marquette men's basketball team were observed exiting Coughlin Hall and crossing 16th street while the "Don't Walk" sign was flashing.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »
1. The JS, and Don Walker, are doing their job.   

2. For all you who've suggested this is minor, pause a moment and think about what Buzz Williams thought about it.  Or Larry Williams.  Or Fr. Pillarz.  Or the kids' parents, who entrust Buzz with their children.   Yes, worse things can happen.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2012, 02:23:31 PM »
1. The JS, and Don Walker, are doing their job.   

2. For all you who've suggested this is minor, pause a moment and think about what Buzz Williams thought about it.  Or Larry Williams.  Or Fr. Pillarz.  Or the kids' parents, who entrust Buzz with their children.   Yes, worse things can happen.

I got caught in a bar at MU while underage.
Never occurred to me that my parents might hold Fr. DiUlio responsible. Had I known, I would have made him pay his share of my fine.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »

Never occurred to me that my parents might hold Fr. DiUlio responsible. Had I known, I would have made him pay his share of my fine.

DiUlio was too busy changing the nickname and otherwise screwing up the University to have much cared about students.
Ludum habemus.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
oopsey-doopsey
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2012, 02:47:28 PM »
what, oh, you saw that?...do a coupe of laps and get down and give me 50, next l

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/143490406.html

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2012, 03:00:37 PM »
I got caught in a bar at MU while underage.

Not sure why you want to pick on this statement .. but you read it wrong.  I didn't say the parents entrusted Fr. Pilarz.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2012, 03:05:33 PM »
Marquette fans think Don sat on the story for 2 months to try to destract from the Sweet 16 game while Badger fans think that the MU administration was able to cover up the story for 2 months. I never realized that Don Walker was such a shifty character. My theory is that MU covered it up for the first month and then once Don got wind of it, he decided to sit on the story knowing that MU would make a run to the Sweet 16 and then he'd come out with the story in order to sabotage the basketball team and put a damper on their sendoff. It's really the only logical conclusion  ::)

It's disappointing that MU players got ticketed for being at a club while underage. However, since they weren't drinking and none of them used fake IDs, the bar should be at fault, not the underagers. Basketball players or not, my issue is more with the way the law is written than it is with the way Walker's story is written.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »
I think I remember hearing about this. It was mentioned the Lakers were there, but thought there was another team. Maybe the Bucks too. It mentions there was a birthday party and I thought I heard that's why they were there. It's possible they were invited and thought that they were fine as far as getting in.

No matter what it is, as far as things to get riled up about, this isn't really much.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2012, 03:32:11 PM »
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Face it... when it comes to a thug competition, Marquette is about as worthy of the Final Four as DePaul would be in basketball.  Especially compared to the perennial favorite we're up against Thursday.  We'd get rolled by these guys fo' sho'.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/200592/3/AUDIO--GMJ-Exclusive-Arrested-UF-Player-Says-Were-Gonna-Get-Off

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2012, 03:39:32 PM »
In other news, Michael Hunt isn't stinking up the joint like he used to:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/143541656.html

I suppose we have to give him credit for putting the MU matter in perspective and dragging Bucky back into the mud all in one blog.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2012, 04:18:04 PM »

+1  That is the appropriate amount of effort to put into responding to this piece of s*** Don Walker wrote.  WHAT A SCOOP, DON! 

These types of faux-"scandals" remind me of these two clips.  If any person would judge someone's conduct on being at a bar while underaged, that person needs the stick removed from his/her ass. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qh2sWSVRrmo&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Qh2sWSVRrmo&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kMvW-_pkX3Q&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kMvW-_pkX3Q&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds</a>

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2012, 04:27:11 PM »
Larry Williams, Marquette University's Vice President and Director of Athletics released the following statement:

"We were aware of this incident shortly after it occurred.  We cooperated with the Milwaukee Police Department and referred the players involved to the University's Student Conduct System, as would be the case for any Marquette student.  Discipline was imposed through the team, the Athletic Department and the university.  Since we have dealt with this issue, none of this prevents any of our players from participating in the NCAA tournament.  We are looking forward to Thursday's game."

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »
Couldn't be prouder of the boys.

all the ballers be clubbin.  Jordan, Michael.

That said, watch out Larry Williams you may get railroaded by Pilarz like C-ham.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:38:39 PM by Stone Cold »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2012, 04:49:54 PM »

Face it... when it comes to a thug competition, Marquette is about as worthy of the Final Four as DePaul would be in basketball.  Especially compared to the perennial favorite we're up against Thursday.  We'd get rolled by these guys fo' sho'.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/200592/3/AUDIO--GMJ-Exclusive-Arrested-UF-Player-Says-Were-Gonna-Get-Off

UF players have been caught rolling around town with AK-47's.  No lie.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2012, 04:56:53 PM »
Wow! they got ticketed!  That's it ?   End of story  Non-starter in  my book.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »
This was the "Big Story" leading the 5pm WTMJ newscast a minute ago.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2012, 05:05:27 PM »
Caught the end of the Channel 6 report and the banner talked about players ticketed for underage drinking.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2012, 05:22:35 PM »
But they didn't get tickets for underage drinking...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »
Agreed Stone Cold....you know you have a program when fella's are out on the town. For many years they could go out without being noticed, even in MU gear. These fella's are the talk of the town.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2012, 05:41:22 PM »
Raise your hand if you got a ticket for underage drinking or being in a bar underage while at Marquette.

(Avenue Commons' hand raised high).

Back in the day it was near impossible with a drinking age of 18.  We were so responsible, I still can't figure out why it changed. ::)
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2012, 05:44:11 PM »
This was the "Big Story" leading the 5pm WTMJ newscast a minute ago.

This is part of the problem that almost everyone in their defensive cocoon here doesn't want to admit.  This incident is very minor.  Not worth 10 seconds of thought.  The Vander Orange incident was minor, not worth much.  Etc, etc.  The problem is that because of MU breaking state law last year, every single one of these episodes is going to keep making the airwaves and that has to get the leadership at MU.  I'm sure Buzz is annoyed.  It's one thing that boys will be boys or students will be students, but he knows that these guys don't always use solid judgment.  As a result, these stories make the 5:00pm news, ESPN, talk radio and it makes the guys look like they either don't care or don't have think very hard about their actions.

I feel bad for them because they're just being students at their age.  Doing normal student things.  They also have to realize that the microscope is on them after what happened last year.  It is not fair, but that is the world we live in.  I feel mostly for Buzz.  He has to be like one of those parents going "are you shatting me?"
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
In other news, Michael Hunt isn't stinking up the joint like he used to:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/143541656.html

I suppose we have to give him credit for putting the MU matter in perspective and dragging Bucky back into the mud all in one blog.

Someone better get this article and Michael Hunt's email to Gato right away.  He said MU broke state law (which they did) but Gato can tell Hunt how wrong he is.  ::)
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

🏀

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2012, 05:58:38 PM »
Someone better get this article and Michael Hunt's email to Gato right away.  He said MU broke state law (which they did) but Gato can tell Hunt how wrong he is.  ::)

SQUIRMY

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2012, 06:02:41 PM »

That said, watch out Larry Williams you may get railroaded by Pilarz like C-ham.

C-Ham didn't get railroaded.  He developed the policy that violated state law.  He was then overseeing the athletic department when athletes came under that policy which again broke state law.  He had to go because of his role with crafting the policy.  A head had to role, and it was C-hams for obvious reasons.  You should notice the policy has since been changed to be in accordance with the state law.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
Agreed Stone Cold....you know you have a program when fella's are out on the town. For many years they could go out without being noticed, even in MU gear. These fella's are the talk of the town.

That's not necessarily a good thing Goose.  In Madison that would be fine.  If you are Packer in Green Bay, no big deal.  If you are a Gator in Gainesville or a Tarheel in Chapel Hill, protection everywhere.  The locals and the authority, including the media are going to not stir the pot.  When you are a private school surrounded by a lot of haters with cell phones and cameras and Badger allegiances, then you have to be more careful.  There are haters over at UWM, haters throughout the city that would do anything to bury MU.