[Today at 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[Today at 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ballplayers Say Pfister Hotel Haunted  (Read 3291 times)

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
Ballplayers Say Pfister Hotel Haunted
« on: May 28, 2009, 12:49:36 PM »

tower912

• All American
Re: Ballplayers Say Pfister Hotel Haunted
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »
'Pfister-is-haunted' stories have been around for at least 25 years.   I heard them during my freshman orientation in August of 84.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 01:53:27 PM »
this made deadspin: http://deadspin.com/5272096/no-sign-of-any-spirits-in-this-milwaukee-hotel

best comment from deadspin: Pfister!?!? I don't even know her!   

or:  Nothing is going to come between him [the happy youngster] and as many Major League Balls as possible
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:59:07 PM by Ari Gold »

MARQKC

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 02:13:22 AM »
Wish those ghosts would rattle some more and keep the ballplayers up all night. The Brewers record could use some help.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 06:45:51 AM »
Luis Polonia probably has fond memories of the Pfister would say it is his favorite hotel. ;D
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 08:07:08 AM »
Billy Martin might not say the same thing. There was a memorable Saturday night when a drunk Billy vomited all over the lobby of the hotel. The next day the Yankee starter got rocked for like six runs in the first inning but there was no sign of Billy in the dugout. He was back in the County Stadium clubhouse with the dry heaves until the bottom of the second.
The Polonia story was unbelievable. He's with this 15-year-old, and she tells him she's only 15. She calls her aunt for a ride home, and Luis asks her how far her aunt lives from the hotel. Told 15 to 20 minutes, Luis says, "Hey, there's time for another."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 10:01:45 AM »
Yep, old Luis played a double header at the Pfister that night. Wonder how much it cost him and if it was worth it?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 10:41:52 AM »
Yep, old Luis played a double header at the Pfister that night. Wonder how much it cost him and if it was worth it?

My office represented the young damsel.  If my memory serves me, it cost him just a tad under six figures.  The settlement happened almost as quickly as the "event." 
Ludum habemus.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 10:57:55 AM »
My office represented the young damsel.  If my memory serves me, it cost him just a tad under six figures.  The settlement happened almost as quickly as the "event." 

Hilarious.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 11:10:59 AM »

What an idiot. He could have bought a couple of hookers and hit for the cycle for a lot less. It's true that ballplayers have too much time and too much money.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"