[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next Years Roster  (Read 11682 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Next Years Roster
« on: January 28, 2019, 09:33:44 AM »
It should be very interesting to see who comes back next year.  First off Howard, I would say 50-50, then there is Sacar and Morrow both grad transfers, hope both
comeback but they both may leave.  I can see Morrow for sure.  Then there is Eke, doubt he will ever play.  Cain another one, not sure.  If they all leave, MU instead of
a Top 10 team, will only have 7 players coming back.  Torrence will be pushed to come in right away leaving 8. So it should be a very fluid spring at MU.  I am hoping they
all comeback for a big run. I still can see MU trying for grad transfer who can play the 4 or 5, thoughts?  Hope this is more than a 1 year run, 2 or 3 more like it. 

tower912

• All American
Re: Next Years Roster
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 09:45:35 AM »
There is uncertainty.   There always is.    I hope that Morrow, Sacar, and Cain stick around and that Eke is finally healthy.    I would be stunned if Markus left.   So, I am going to enjoy this season and wait until April 2 to start worrying about next season
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 09:51:56 AM »
Chartouny and Heldt: gone

Markus, Sam H, Joey H, Theo, Anim, Bailey, Elliot: here

Cain, Morrow:?

Eke: probably gone

If I had to guess, I'd guess Cain gone, Morrow back.

A lot can change between now and then, though.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »
April 9th would be the day to focus on next year

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 09:55:06 AM »
I hope Wojo stick's around.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 09:56:24 AM »
Why would Morrow leave?  You say for sure, because of playing time?  He will not be an NBA player, no need to show his skills elsewhere.

Why would Sacar leave?  Same as Morrow?  He's not going to be a star on any other team. McEwen will get some of his minutes, but don't see it.

Cain would be candidate, but that has been discussed before, even discussed before about him redshirting. If Ike can't play, then yes, a grad bigman needed.

I say Markus stays, along with both Morrow and Sacar.  With McEwen and Elliott, its a Top Ten team and the players know it.  Enjoy the ride. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 09:57:27 AM »
It will be interesting.  I'd be surprised if Markus left, and I doubt Anim grad transfers.  I could see Ed trying to find a bigger role somewhere.  Cain...I hate speculating on that stuff, and I'd love to see him stay, but I also could understand his frustration.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 09:59:17 AM »
Sit back y'all and smell da roses a bit, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 10:00:35 AM »
We’re 18-3, 7-1 in the BE, and 15-1 in our last 16 games and we want to talk about how 4 players might leave this offseason?

Sheesh. Some people just can’t be happy unless they’re miserable. Enjoy the season and worry about transfers when they come. Cain was already gone as a mid season transfer according to some here. Just relax a bit.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

1SE

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 10:04:26 AM »
Why would Sacar leave? He'll either be starter or first man off the bench getting 20 minutes on what is likely to be a pre-season top-10 team playing in a highly televised league. What more could he hope for? Get 35 minutes on some mid-major carried by Wyoming local-access television?

Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 10:05:46 AM »
We’re 18-3, 7-1 in the BE, and 15-1 in our last 16 games and we want to talk about how 4 players might leave this offseason?

Sheesh. Some people just can’t be happy unless they’re miserable. Enjoy the season and worry about transfers when they come. Cain was already gone as a mid season transfer according to some here. Just relax a bit.

It's not impossible to enjoy the present and also speculate/plan for the future. Nobody here is miserable, nobody here needs to "relax". Other than you.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 10:09:13 AM »

Lol, it’s just a conversation on a message board. I think you’re the one that needs to relax.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 10:11:19 AM »
It's not impossible to enjoy the present and also speculate/plan for the future. Nobody here is miserable, nobody here needs to "relax". Other than you.

Typically when I’m enjoying watching a team play I’m not sitting there thinking “well damn that was a nice defensive possession by Sacar there. I’m going to really enjoy him the next 12 games because after that he’s grad transferring somewhere!”

Once there’s smoke then sure, have at it. But because a guy would be eligible to transfer we’re going to start a thread speculating about it? Sad.

But in that case. Really sucks that Sam and Joey might consider transferring to UW now that UW knows Sam is worthy of a scholarship. Heard he really wanted to be there.

And because Markus is so close to them I worry he won’t want to be here and will need to move closer to home due to his heartbreak, so Arizona State will get to enjoy one year of what they thought they’d have for 4.

And maybe today Cain will go back in time and satisfy the prediction of those saying he was gone as a mid season transfer.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:12:50 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 10:11:53 AM »
Lol, it’s just a conversation on a message board. I think you’re the one that needs to relax.

Yeah. It’s a dumb conversation. There’s absolutely nothing to suggest any of these guys is leaving.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 10:14:54 AM »
Why would Sacar leave? He'll either be starter or first man off the bench getting 20 minutes on what is likely to be a pre-season top-10 team playing in a highly televised league. What more could he hope for? Get 35 minutes on some mid-major carried by Wyoming local-access television?
Was being a tv star a prerequisite for Sacar?
Was having most games televised a deal breaker for him?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 10:20:07 AM »
Not a helpful thread imo
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 10:23:19 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 10:25:10 AM »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 10:37:53 AM »
Typically when I’m enjoying watching a team play I’m not sitting there thinking “well damn that was a nice defensive possession by Sacar there. I’m going to really enjoy him the next 12 games because after that he’s grad transferring somewhere!”

Once there’s smoke then sure, have at it. But because a guy would be eligible to transfer we’re going to start a thread speculating about it? Sad.

But in that case. Really sucks that Sam and Joey might consider transferring to UW now that UW knows Sam is worthy of a scholarship. Heard he really wanted to be there.

And because Markus is so close to them I worry he won’t want to be here and will need to move closer to home due to his heartbreak, so Arizona State will get to enjoy one year of what they thought they’d have for 4.

And maybe today Cain will go back in time and satisfy the prediction of those saying he was gone as a mid season transfer.

First of all, we're not playing this morning. Nobody is watching Sacar making a nice defensive play while thinking "Too bad he's leaving in 12 games".

Your stuff about The Hauser and Markus is, as you well know, just stupid and beside the point.

People are relaxed, people are happy and people are discussing what ifs concerning next year. Don't want to participate? Fine. But don't get all hysterical falsely accusing others of what you're guilty of - just butt out. Relax, already.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 10:39:27 AM »

This has nothing to do with being miserable.  In 2 months, rosters change.  I extremely happy with what has happened so far this year.  I had them pegged for a lose
at Indy, which we could play them now, Kansas, like to play them again without Azubuike, and at St. Johns in that high school gym.  Great victory at Creighton, the rest
I thought MU could win and did.  This week, if McDermott is out MU can beat Butler and St. Johns, they will shoot the ball that good at the Fiserv.  Villy, now they are playing great, best game this year.  2 heavyweights.  Theo stays out of foul trouble will give them fits.  They have no one like him but Pascall and Booth are very good.
Then I remember the past, Chones, Lucas, McNeil all leaving early.  Did it change the roster, yes.  Love to have them all pick and get a 6'7" grad transfer to boot.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »
I know I've been thinking about what the roster will look like next year too. I don't think it's negative or a sign of "being miserable." It's just something fans do. No big deal. No need to take offense.

On the bright side, we didn't lose anyone last summer or in non-conference play, even though minutes and expectations were very uncertain. Not to be overly critical of former players (transfers), but this group of guys we have now really seem to be selfless, team-first kinds of guys. Wojo and others continually refer to most of this group as high character guys. I don't think there will be a ton of disappointment or frustration around minutes if we keep playing this well. After all, winning cures all.

On the other hand, you never know what's going through a kid's mind. Is it possible the addition of Koby and Greg into the lineup creates some issues? Sure, it's possible. But now that the whole group has a taste for winning, I would guess most would rather be on a strong team than transfer to a lesser program just for more minutes.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2019, 10:45:18 AM »
Was being a tv star a prerequisite for Sacar?
Was having most games televised a deal breaker for him?

?? My point was just that Sacar is going to have a nice role on a team that reasonably could be a title contender and plays in a good league - I'm not sure the grass will be greener many other places.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2019, 10:51:33 AM »
First of all, we're not playing this morning. Nobody is watching Sacar making a nice defensive play while thinking "Too bad he's leaving in 12 games".

Your stuff about The Hauser and Markus is, as you well know, just stupid and beside the point.

People are relaxed, people are happy and people are discussing what ifs concerning next year. Don't want to participate? Fine. But don't get all hysterical falsely accusing others of what you're guilty of - just butt out. Relax, already.

Yeah. My stuff about the Hausers and Howard is ridiculous. That’s the point. There’s literally the exact same amount of smoke surrounding their upcoming departures this offseason as there is anyone else on the team.

Keep in mind, according to what I’m guessing are some of the very same posters that are contributing to this thread, Jamal Cain has already transferred out of the program as of a month and a half ago.

Not a helpful thread imo

Yup. This is as dumb as Scoop gets.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:54:27 AM by wadesworld »

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »
?? My point was just that Sacar is going to have a nice role on a team that reasonably could be a title contender and plays in a good league - I'm not sure the grass will be greener many other places.

I do see McEwen getting 25 minutes a game, which will cut into Sacars minutes as a guard, but Sacar can play the small forward position and pick up some minutes there
as McEwen is big enough as well to play 3 guards.  So in my estimation Sacar plays minimum of 20 minutes a game and even more if he is on.  The one player that might
hurt his minutes is the improvement BB, if he comes on this summer then there might be a problem for Sacar.  Then again Sacar has all summer to improve.  He just has
to learn how to finish off his drives and hit the open 3 more consistently to keep his court time.  It this all happens and some improvement from the Big 3, they would be
really good next year.  Top 5 team possibly.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2019, 10:54:29 AM »
Morrow won’t be leaving. He’s already transferred once. The odds he transfers again (even as a grad transfer) are super low.